AT&T misguiding consumers, showing map , conveniently forgot to mention it's of your 2G network

AT&T misguiding consumers, showing map , conveniently forgot to mention it's of your 2G network

AT&T.  they have to open their mouth and brag about how the internet cannot hide anymore and more bars in more places. Well guess what AT&T? Your lies have been exposed for the entire world to see. And the truth is that you really do have a crappy network. Your lawsuit against Verizon was thrown out of the court because you could not prove any wrong-doing. Desperately, you came out with a TV commercial, again misguiding the consumer, showing a map of your network, but what you conveniently forgot to mention is that it was a map of your 2G network.
Message 1 of 13 (326 Views)
Scholar

Re: AT&T misguiding consumers, showing map , conveniently forgot to mention it's of your 2G netw

IIRC, the ads claim only that coverage is provided in all highlited areas.   I don't recall then identifying 3G or 2G........   Just coverage.
Message 2 of 13 (321 Views)

Re: AT&T misguiding consumers, showing map , conveniently forgot to mention it's of your 2G netw

Exactly the lawsuit wasn't technically thrown out either. The lawsuit was file because the majority of "uneducated" consumers of cell phones thought the coverage map of AT&T on VZW's commercials was AT&T's total coverage. The lawsuit was file for false advertising because no one really read the part of the commercial where it said AT&T's 3G coverage. Same as when the OP never read anywhere where it said the coverage on aT&T's new commercials was for 3G coverage. It is just showing & listing the different areas where AT&T has coverage period. Whether 3G or 2G.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 13 (312 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

AT&T conveniently forgot to mention '2G' as much as Verizon Wireless forgot to mention that service actually works on 2G as well.

Having people sitting in an airport looking at a phone as if its a brick because its not 3G is somewhat misleading.

Facebook, etc. work on 2G.  They even worked on my < 2G Nextel iDEN BB 7100i.

Message Edited by formercanuck on 12-22-2009 11:37:19 AM
Message 4 of 13 (298 Views)
Professor

Not only that, the lawsuit wasn't thrown out, it was AT&T that requested dismissal . Big difference.

If you're going to disseminate propaganda, at least stick to the facts eh?

Message 5 of 13 (296 Views)
Professor

Millennium Archangel wrote:

Not only that, the lawsuit wasn't thrown out, it was AT&T that requested dismissal . Big difference.

AT&T asked that it be dismissed after a judge had already made a major ruling against them. I think I would have tucked my tail between my legs and quietly slipped out of the courtroom myself.
Message 6 of 13 (293 Views)
Professor

sitnsidewayz wrote:

Millennium Archangel wrote:

AT&T asked that it be dismissed after a judge had already made a major ruling against them. I think I would have tucked my tail between my legs and quietly slipped out of the courtroom myself.

I thought the lawsuit was lame myself, but it wasn't a "major ruling" per se. AT&T asked the judge to issue a preliminary restraining order to have the ads removed while the case was pending. The judge refused. AT&T probably decided there was no point continuing with the lawsuit when the ads were going to be continually shown anyway, so they requested a dismissal.

In any event, the merits of the case were not decided.

Message 7 of 13 (288 Views)
Scholar

i will go one step further and say at&t 2G is as good as verizon 3G, at least in my area of the country down here in OK
Message 8 of 13 (265 Views)
Master

clowry wrote:
i will go one step further and say at&t 2G is as good as verizon 3G, at least in my area of the country down here in OK

It all depends on where you are - even within Oklahoma. Smiley Wink
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 9 of 13 (259 Views)
Professor

honestly what does it matter if a commercial didn't say it was 2g...the commercial didn't say 3g either....so its COVERAGE in general...

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 13 (236 Views)

[ Edited ]
well no {word filter evasion} dude thats because you are on the {word filter evasion} phone coverage of all time they dont even have the new blackberrys talk about {word filter evasion}
Message Edited by pamelaz on 12-23-2009 09:28:36 PM
Message 11 of 13 (145 Views)

[ Edited ]

user2329455 wrote:
well no {word filter evasion} dude thats because you are on the {word filter evasion} phone coverage of all time they dont even have the new blackberrys talk about {word filter evasion}
Message Edited by pamelaz on 12-23-2009 09:28:36 PM

the comercial only says coverage. and att has a lot of blackberries.

also see this board for info on att speed is better than verison

Message Edited by Scholar Yoshi on 12-23-2009 07:16:04 PM

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 12 of 13 (138 Views)

user2329455: they do have the newest blackberries. Have you actually CHECKED to vies their inventory lately. Most likely not?!?!?!Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 13 (124 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.