Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 5, 2012
8:10:48 AM
AT&T messages app
Hope this is the proper board. Motorola Atrix DLd the AT&T messages app. When I try to run it, I get "validating your phone" followed by " . . . unable to complete setup." I'm told to contact AT&T customer service. Dialed 611. The rep says they can't help because it isn't a "real" ATT app. (No explanation for the "call 611" prompt.) The rep DID suggest removing/reinstalling the app. Did that . . . 4 times. Twice from the MARKET app on the phone and twice from Android Market. A search here turned up no 'hits.' Any ideas how to resolve this?
Hope this is the proper board. Motorola Atrix DLd the AT&T messages app. When I try to run it, I get "validating your phone" followed by " . . . unable to complete setup." I'm told to contact AT&T customer service. Dialed 611. The rep says they can't help because it isn't a "real" ATT app. (No explanation for the "call 611" prompt.) The rep DID suggest removing/reinstalling the app. Did that . . . 4 times. Twice from the MARKET app on the phone and twice from Android Market. A search here turned up no 'hits.' Any ideas how to resolve this?

AT&T messages app

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2012 11:12:20 PM
(0)
Employee
Yeah call AT&T, ha.they do support this despite what she said
Yeah call AT&T, ha.they do support this despite what she said
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: AT&T messages app

2 of 2 (464 Views)