AT&T, is this how you treat a loyal customer?

Highlighted
Professor

AT&T, is this how you treat a loyal customer?

[ Edited ]

In the last week:

When I got charges on two of my lines for ringtones I didn't authorize, AT&T not only reversed the charges, but added purchase blocker for free so I didn't have to deal with it anymore. Not once, but TWICE. What ever possessed them to go the extra mile for your customer? This is completely unheard of!!!

When I brought my defective headset into a local store that I bought at an out of state AT&T store, not only did they lookup the receipt, but they replaced the headset on the spot since it was covered by warranty, even though the store was extremely busy and hectic. AT&T, how dare you take care of me promptly and efficiently?!

When I found out the 32GB 3GS was available in the store, they completed the upgrade with no problems, and when I told them I was giving my old iPhone to my son, the store rep proviisioned his account for the iPhone so the transfer could be completed for my son's line right away. I'm just outraged that I was treated like a valued customer!!

Lastly, as a final insult, AT&T had the gall to waive the upgrade fee for my line, even though I fully expected to pay it. What in the world were they thinking?!?!

Because of all these outrages, I'm going to stay with AT&T. I never had a wireless company treat me so shockingly well. Thanks a lot for treating a loyal customer this way, AT&T.

Smiley Very Happy

(PS a shout out to the store in Sonora, CA, for this outrageous example of stellar customer service).

Message Edited by Millennium Archangel on 09-26-2009 09:24:48 AM
Message 1 of 16 (444 Views)
Expert

Re: AT&T, is this how you treat a loyal customer?

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy Glad you got what you wanted and needed. I guess ATT has some reps that DO take their job seriously and are knowledgeable, after all. I've never had a problem with any of the reps in my ATT store....YET. Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 2 of 16 (431 Views)
Scholar

Hey Millenn, u forgot to add that you have never ever been late on your bill and you been with 15-20 yrs. I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago with some features i guess got added on accident they also reversed the charges and then a little. I guees i will also have to stay with i'm very dis-pleased but what can you do
Message 3 of 16 (426 Views)
Guru

Good to hear. In general att gives me what i want, when i want it, where i want it (within reason).

Couldnt ask for a better cellphone experience.

Are they perfect? No but my wife isnt either and i still married her. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 16 (421 Views)
ACE - Expert

This not only happens to "loyal" customers, it happened to me, too, as a new customer.

When I ported to AT&T, my FAN discount allowed free activation. When I got my first bill, both phones that I activated had activation fees.

The CS that I called looked at my account and saw that I was eligible for free activation. Guess what, she removed both activation charges without batting an eye.

How unheard of.

THEN, the next month, my wife had a "subscription" on her phone line. My wife, not the most technoligically inclined, could never had done such a thing.

I called CS and they immediately removed the charges and put purchase block on my lines.

Why would they help a "newbie'?

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 16 (411 Views)
Mentor

Haha, I was expecting some outraged, mad customer complaining about how AT&T treated them horribly. Wow, so SOME AT&T employees actually are nice! Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 16 (410 Views)
Guru

att seems to be stepping it up a bit lately. hope it continues.

right now im getting the best signal ive ever had from a cellphone company. my phone works everywhere i go, even in the boons.

Message 7 of 16 (394 Views)

Yeah I was expecting too see some outrage in this post.  Good for att to help you out.  I only hope I can share in the good CS too, when I need something.  As far as signal, we're still struggling where I am.  Gosh I hope att puts up some more towers.  and good some strength towers near campus would be good so I can have service while at school.

mikewho wrote:

att seems to be stepping it up a bit lately. hope it continues.

right now im getting the best signal ive ever had from a cellphone company. my phone works everywhere i go, even in the boons.

Message 8 of 16 (386 Views)
Guru

im sure it will get better. just a matter of time.
Message 9 of 16 (371 Views)
Master

I've had issues with customer care via 611. And one issue with a local corporate store. But, I've found a better store to go to. and they're awesome.  I've learned that doing a bit of homework before purchasing wireless services helps. Saves me a bit of headache. Now, why didnt I find these forums before I purchased my first smartphone. the blackjack 1.. whew.. that was a nightmare
Message 10 of 16 (338 Views)

If you're pleasant to a CSR, you can have the world moved for you, so long as it's not explicitly forbidden by company policy.

Also, subscriptions come from people texting short codes they see on the internet/TV, or giving their cell number to unscrupulous parties.

NEVER post your number online.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 16 (278 Views)
Scholar

Smiley Sad  When i see "loyal" in a post title ,I expect outrage...I'm sad now...Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 16 (269 Views)
Contributor

On September 28, 2009.....i TO experenced a very odd display of "Over the top customer care", that i quite frankly found disturbing...

I visited a Radio Shack in hopes of getting an accessory for my SPRINT cell phone.  Once inside after engaging in some casual chit chat with the clerk who waited on me he asked me if i ever had considered AT&T as a service since i had voiced some unhappiness with Sprint (think Signal and Customer Service, or lack there of BOTH).

Well yes i had, id told him more then once. But sadly AT&T was coming back with an $800.00 deposit, and there was no WAY id be spending that on ANYTHING. He understood but said in a very no pressure way that if i ever WANTED to try to get a contract he'd be glad to call up and speak with whoever looks at the credit checks and see if it was possible it could be lowered.  I told him since i was there and there was a brand new shiney SAMSUNG JACK begging me to take it home that hey it was worth a shot and sure go ahead.  He ran it, coming back to $800.00 as always.  He got on the phone and called the credit department. "Kathy" was the woman he spoke with. After a moment or two she put him on hold and looked at me and said "Sir......there appears to be an old account you had on there that's showing it was unpaid and a charge off.  But she says she sees where you had filed bankrutcy and the account SHOULD have been included on it.  She's going to adjust the information so it's proper and see about getting the deposit removed because THAT is what's making your deposit so HIGH". 

I was happy, and somewhat excited. I hadn't had AT&T in some time and missed the call clarity and awsome choices of phones and let's not forget our friends at CUSTOMER SERVICE!

About three minutes later he hung up with her and smiled at me and said "Well, she couldn't get it REMOVED but now with that old account properly filed with the bankruptcy notes it brought it DOWN to $150.00.................so if you ever want to get service back with them you're all set.  I was well willing to pay the $150.00. Heck the next deposit up which I THINK is $400.00 i would have done because it would have served to be just like a bank account because as we all know it comes BACK with good payment history and i DO intend on making my payements timely. I DID on my old account but made that mistake of "Adding a line for a signifigant other" and once we split up you know the rest...

Twety minutes later i was walking out the door with the Samsung Jack (last one they had and this phone ROCKS!) in my pocket with my number ported over and a 450 a month unlimited nights and weekends plan with the PDA  package and unlimited texting in place.

Oh yeah, and Radio Shack IS my first choice alternative to a corporate store. Corporate stores are GREAT , dont get me wrong, but im a Radio Shack fan from years back always buying my computers from them so i always get whatever i can from them. Only downside is they DON'T ave the selection of phones (they dont have the i-Phone) that the Corporate stores or AT&T website do.  Luckily, the Jack was there and everything fell into place.

Today I signed up for the REFER A FRIEND program on here so my friend who also has AT&T who kept nudging me to do what i could to GET the service back can get a $25.00 gift card (i think i will get one to if i read it right!)

So thanks Kathy in the redit department for taking yor job seriously and taking care of my needs and helping me get back on board. Thanks to the clerk in BIddeford Maine Radio Shack also. AT&T is lucky to have you as an authorized agent!

Travis

Message 13 of 16 (257 Views)
Guru

I have been with ATT since before Cingular took over.  I have generally been very happy with ATT support (with rare exception-more don't know than bad service).  At times they have really gone over and beyond what would be expected.  Unfortunately it has at times required going to a supervisor.  But as has been mentioned many times, you get better service when you are nice to support.
Message 14 of 16 (237 Views)
Master

So far, I've only had one outtage with att service. and it was back to normal within hours.  The corporate store I now go to is fantastic. everyone is friendly and helpful...
Message 15 of 16 (223 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.