AT&T is not willing to help--contact your local news stations!!

Mentor

AT&T is not willing to help--contact your local news stations!!

Those of us who preordered with the promise of delievery on the 14th and are sitting and waiting weeks for our phones. We've contacted AT&T and have mostly gotten negative responses. Get the word out!! Let them know how we were scammed!!

Message 1 of 13 (686 Views)
Scholar

Re: AT&T is not willing to help--contact your local news stations!!

Kristyjoy wrote:

Those of us who preordered with the promise of delievery on the 14th and are sitting and waiting weeks for our phones. We've contacted AT&T and have mostly gotten negative responses. Get the word out!! Let them know how we were scammed!!

You weren't scammed. They just ran out of phones before they could fill your order. It's called making a mistake.

Pre-ordering is always like this, because 40 gazillion of you all jump on trying to grab a limited number of devices. In that scenario, some of you are going to be disappointed. I feel pretty confident that none of you would have been satisfied with anything less than getting that phone into your hands on the day it was available, so nothing that could or will be done to address your situations is going to satisfy you.

Message 2 of 13 (643 Views)
Former Employee

[ Edited ]

And that's the bottom line.

It's getting ridiculous how many times I have to repeat myself. Nowhere was it promised to be delivered on launch day. Is it on your receipt? Your email confirmation? Whatever dates reps told you guys were estimates, and estimate is just that, estimate, not guaranteed in any way.

Message 3 of 13 (610 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]
I would have been very satisfied if AT&T would have cancelled my pre order and allowed me to go get one at the store. Problem solved. I preordered my 3GS and got it on time, so of course I decided to pre order the new one.

Their advertisements were loud and clear "Avoid the long lines. Delivered straight to your door on release date"

Instead they prefer to satisfy their new customers while leaving the loyal ones out to dry.

I'm sorry, I feel scammed. It's your right not to agree.
Message 4 of 13 (593 Views)
Professor

drumn_bass wrote:

And that's the bottom line.

It's getting ridiculous how many times I have to repeat myself. Nowhere was it promised to be delivered on launch day. Is it on your receipt? Your email confirmation? Whatever dates reps told you guys were estimates, and estimate is just that, estimate, not guaranteed in any way.

i agree well said drumn_bass.

i went to the apple store in and out in 30 minutes with iphone 4S!

Message 5 of 13 (578 Views)
Explorer

But some of us at least feel like we were scammed.

I ordered my phone ay 7:30 am on October 7th. I did receive a confirmation email at 7:45am on the 7th stating(copy from email):

Thank you for your purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Your iPhone has been reserved and is expected to be delivered on Oct 14, 2011. 

I checked my status yesterday wondering where my iPhone was to find out that AT&T had changed my order date to the 8th.

Whether the change was a glitch in their system or, as others have suggested, a way to provide phones (with new revenue) to new customers is irrelevant. It is still bad customer service.

To demonstrate how dysfunctional AT&T is, after telling me they couldn't cancel my order...they did and then a day later called me to tell me my iPhone delivery had been delayed (the one they canceled).

Again...poor customer service.

Message 6 of 13 (521 Views)
Mentor

^ Exactly.

And to make matters worse AT&T altered my order date from the 7th to the 12th. I have a confirmation email that was sent to me right after I ordered my phone on the 7th.

And that's not shady? They're not trying to scam me?

And when I called trying to cancel my pre order this morning they claimed there was NO way to do it. However, as of an hour ago my order is cancelled.

They weren't scamming me then? 

Really?

Message 7 of 13 (505 Views)
Former Employee

"Your iPhone has been reserved and is expected to be delivered on Oct 14, 2011."

Yeah man, this is an estimate. I can totally see where is looked to you like you should have it on Oct 14, but it is wasn't a guaranteed date.

Message 8 of 13 (466 Views)

That's fine with me.  Their estimate was wrong.  They have not delivered product.  Thus, since nothing's been delivered and no shipping is physically in process, I should be able to cancel.

Isn't that how most people expect good business to operate?

Message 9 of 13 (446 Views)
Teacher

Jeremy Winston wrote:

That's fine with me.  Their estimate was wrong.  They have not delivered product.  Thus, since nothing's been delivered and no shipping is physically in process, I should be able to cancel.

Wow, someone with a bit of common sense.  It's not like you have intentions of getting out of your contract, you just want to pick the phone up from their current "inventory", instead of being told that it's backordered and will be filled when they have stock again?!?!?  Someone PLEASE explain to me how that isn't a scam.

Message 10 of 13 (441 Views)

AT&T is only looking out for NEW customers!!  They don't help existing customers at all!  As a matter of fact, they ASSIST people in use of lost or stolen property because THEY beneift from it.  They will activate any phone that is reported to them lost or stolen - no matter who brings it in to the store.

The store manager told us that we need to report the phone lost or stolen so that WE can buy a new phone, and that if someone brings our phone in to have it activated they will activate because they have no way to tell if it was reported lost or stolen......and AT&T wins again with new service..............

Hence, cancelled four contracts and moved to Verizon - walked in and out with iPhone 4s!!!!!

Message 11 of 13 (273 Views)
Former Employee

Random

Message 12 of 13 (255 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

Jeremy Winston wrote:

LOL--drumn_bass will probably tell you that it's AT&T's right/prerogative not to allow customers to cancel orders that haven't even been processed for shipping yet.  I mean, if an order is showing up as "backordered", then obviously it's not being readied for shipment to the customer...so why can't the order be canceled?

Message 13 of 13 (197 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.