AT&T iPad Data Cancellation is Terrible! Consumers beware!

Contributor

AT&T iPad Data Cancellation is Terrible! Consumers beware!

So, on May 2, 2010 I purchased the 250mb data plan on my new ipad. According to the website, I would have 30 days to use or lose, but it would automatically renew unless I canceled in advance. So...30 days from May 2 is June 1st. On May 30th...two days before renewal...I get a notification that my account was automatically renewed. I still had 8mb left and two more days. I log into the account and I see that I have used 1mb of 250mb...(which is bs because I had cellular turned off what happened to my remaining 8 mb good for two more days). So I canceled the account, using the ipad interface. I figured it was a done deal. Guess what? Not only did I still get charged $15, now I can't even access the data plan anymore! I called AT&T...total waste of time. I explained to them that I had tried to cancel my account and it canceled, but now no access. So, i expected either a credit for my $15 or atleast let me have access back for the month that I paid for (I figured I would use it, then cancel a week in advance to avaid being charged again). "Sorry...we can't help you". Once the account is canceled, that's it. So basically, I gave At&t a $15 bonus for the heck of it.

So, In the end, I have been charged $15 for another months service that I can't access. What a load of crap. Users beware. Total BS policy on AT&T. Shame on you for treating your customers this way (I am a current wireless subscriber with two iPhones).

Message 1 of 4
Teacher

Re: AT&T iPad Data Cancellation is Terrible! Consumers beware!

First of all....

1. Why didn't you call and conplain at the loss of the 2 days/8 Meg. Would love to know how they calculated your 30 day period.

2. Have to called and asked them to reactivate for a month and give it to you free?

Cancelling the account does not mean they have no record of your account...right?

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I tried to get them to reactivate for one month, "sorry we can't do that...You would have to pay again to get access". I was so upset about the charge, I totally forgot to complain about the 8mb loss. But a very good point in hindsight...

Yes, they pulled up the account, but could not change or credit or reactivate.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Contributor

I agree: I have spent about 12 hours on the phone with Apple, trying to establish a new data service for my iPad.  The previous owner can't cancel HIS account (it won't let him log in) and until that happens I can't establish a new account.  Both Apple and ATT have almost strangled themselves pointing fingers at each other.  I am NOT happy, and I don't know where to go next.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support