AT&T employees are liars!

Teacher

Re: AT&T employees are liars!

I was able to upgrade my phone yearly as a sprint premier customer but a thought just came to me. Maybe that's why sprints phones are so much higher than AT&T.
Message 16 of 52 (685 Views)
Master

They cover there expenses one way or another.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 17 of 52 (672 Views)
Highlighted

Verizon is getting rid of their early upgrade programs, and I've heard Sprint is doing the same.

You didn't say when you switched to AT&T for the iPhone, but the very earliest point at which AT&T offers upgrades is at 12 months, and you have to spend at least $100/month BEFORE taxes (and there may be other features, too, like tenure).

You're seriously getting this bent out of shape over a month?

monaarts wrote:

I knwo this is AT&T and not Verizon, that is why I asked before I ordered the iPhone!

Message 18 of 52 (647 Views)
Scholar

Im getting bent out of shape over a month..... I dont want to wait while other people are carrying this phone and I`m not. I dont want to end up in a situation where there is no stock and back order on 11/22 and I have to wait an extra month. I waited 16 months for this and I want it now, specially since ATT can grant 3 month grace period like they did last time..... Its not on us this is on ATT do not flip this
Message 19 of 52 (612 Views)

[ Edited ]
I doubt AT&T has any interest in you waiting for anything.  You can buy the phone on release day if you want, assuming that you pre-order it or get into a store before they sell out.  AT&T is even willing to subsidize the price if you qualify.

Are you saying that you feel that you are entitled to a subsidy from AT&T even if you haven't qualified for one?

Message 20 of 52 (597 Views)
Scholar

yozhbk wrote:
Im getting bent out of shape over a month..... I dont want to wait while other people are carrying this phone and I`m not. I dont want to end up in a situation where there is no stock and back order on 11/22 and I have to wait an extra month. I waited 16 months for this and I want it now, specially since ATT can grant 3 month grace period like they did last time..... Its not on us this is on ATT do not flip this

You don't have to wait. Apple will sell you all the iPhones that you want for full, no contract pricing beginning October 14. If you care that much about what people will think about you because you don't have the latest phone, surely the extra cash is nothing compared to the warmth that social acceptance is going to get you. What I'm wondering is, are they going to have to kick someone from the cool table so you can sit in their place or do they just pull up another chair? I haven't ever been part of the 'Hey look at me, I have the newest thingymabob that everyone wants' crowd. But I'm sure your grandchildren will sit wide-eyed as they marvel at the story of how the iPhone 4S changed your life.

In all seriousness, get a grip. It's just a phone. Whatever you have now is not going to mysteriously stop working because the iPhone 4S is out. Plus, by the time you are eligible for your real upgrade, there should be a healthy stock of phones for you to walk in and choose from.

Message 21 of 52 (554 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

Not what people are thinking about me.... I couldnt care less what they think about me, is what I`m using dont you get that ?

LOL on its just a phone ? Really  ? Then why are you here on this forum ? Why are you using the PC right now ? 

Message 22 of 52 (548 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

@yozhbk -- PREACH BROTHER!  

With AT&T having shifted the majority of iPhone4 launch day purchasers to an upgrade date of 11/24 (Thanksgiving) this means that we'll all be out of Black Friday trying to get this phone.

{Please keep it courteous}  We are paying customers with a legitamate gripe that AT&T refuses to even acknowledge.

BF
Message 23 of 52 (540 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

I`m tired of preaching, I dont think we will get anywhere with this.... ATT just doesnt care anymore... There is got to be a reason for that and I guess they will have to respect our backs when we turn .... Good bye I`m really done with this ..............

Message 24 of 52 (532 Views)
Scholar

yozhbk wrote:

Not what people are thinking about me.... I couldnt care less what they think about me, is what I`m using dont you get that ?

LOL on its just a phone ? Really  ? Then why are you here on this forum ? Why are you using the PC right now ? 

I was simply going from what you posted. You said that you don't want to walk around with a measley I4 when everyone else has the 4S. If you were not using it as a status symbol, you would understand that the 4S is not worth the upgrade. You will notice very little difference in the two phones. The reality is, you want something new and shiny because everyone else has it. You can deny it now, but you already made it clear.

Also, by your own admission, you've only had the I4 for 16 months. You have 4 more months before you should be eligible for an early upgrade. The fact that they are cutting 3 months off is a service in itself.

I am here to read the irrational and foolish logic that people try to pass off at times like this. You think you are the first to have this gripe, but complaints like yours were everywhere when the I4 came out. Each time, someone feels that because they pay their bill on time and they already own an iPhone, they should get some sort of special treatment. Well guess what, I have paid my bill on time for 32 months and I also have an iPhone. As such, I have every right to get a phone at a discounted price without AT&T changing any rules or making any concessions. I'm also here to remind people like you that not everyone jumps on the bandwagon every time something fancy comes out. The fact that you do and many like you do doesn't entitle you to any special treatment.

Message 25 of 52 (529 Views)
Scholar

Dude @browski the reality is its a huge upgrade, and you being a non technical person you wouldn't understand...

Just because something looks the same doesnt mean it is. Lets take for example cars (since technology is a bit more complex) a V8 mustang and a V6 mustang, see the difference ? Look the same dont they ?
Message 26 of 52 (525 Views)
Scholar

browski wrote:

yozhbk wrote:

I was simply going from what you posted. You said that you don't want to walk around with a measley I4 when everyone else has the 4S. If you were not using it as a status symbol, you would understand that the 4S is not worth the upgrade. You will notice very little difference in the two phones. The reality is, you want something new and shiny because everyone else has it. You can deny it now, but you already made it clear.

Also, by your own admission, you've only had the I4 for 16 months. You have 4 more months before you should be eligible for an early upgrade. The fact that they are cutting 3 months off is a service in itself.

I am here to read the irrational and foolish logic that people try to pass off at times like this. You think you are the first to have this gripe, but complaints like yours were everywhere when the I4 came out. Each time, someone feels that because they pay their bill on time and they already own an iPhone, they should get some sort of special treatment. Well guess what, I have paid my bill on time for 32 months and I also have an iPhone. As such, I have every right to get a phone at a discounted price without AT&T changing any rules or making any concessions. I'm also here to remind people like you that not everyone jumps on the bandwagon every time something fancy comes out. The fact that you do and many like you do doesn't entitle you to any special treatment.

You really need to understand what you are saying.... And maybe read my other posts... If you werent eligible your self, you would be complaining with us, but since you are, you taking the dark side, which is ok, just dont call me a fool.

Message 27 of 52 (524 Views)
Former Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone, 

I know this is a subject we're all passionate about but this thread has taken a nasty turn with personal attacks and that is not the environment we want here. 

Your feedback is welcome and I value it but please be courteous and respectful when offering your viewpoint. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 28 of 52 (521 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

yozhbk wrote:

You really need to understand what you are saying.... And maybe read my other posts... If you werent eligible your self, you would be complaining with us, but since you are, you taking the dark side, which is ok, just dont call me a fool.

No, if I wasn't eligible and I wanted the phone bad enough, I would open another line on my account, get the phone at a discounted price and switch the phones. I can say this is what I would do because it's actually what I did. That's why you get no sympathy from me. There are plenty of ways to get around the system. Instead of pursuing those avenues, you come here and want AT&T to treat you differently than the rest of us. The only justification you have for wanting AT&T to do this is the fact that you are:

1. A loyal customer, who

2. pays your bill on time, which

3. is hundreds of dollars each month, and

4. you own an iPhone

What I'm telling you is that I met those same criteria when I wanted to upgrade. Instead of expecting special treatment for doing what 99% of all customers do, I decided my desire for the iPhone was worth the extra money I would pay for an extra line. I personally found a friend to take over the line and everything worked out fine. If I hadn't found anyone to take it over, I would have fulfilled the contract or cancelled and paid the ETF. I did not mean to insult your intelligence...edited for community rules.

Message 29 of 52 (519 Views)
Scholar

We're probably not going to reach an agreement on this. But all I ask is this, give me one reason why you feel you should get the full discounted price that sets you apart from others. 

Let me give you an example, I feel I should get my phone at a full discount because I fulfilled my contractual obligations. You sir, and many others like you who are asking for a early upgrade, have not. It's a simple as that and if you can't understand the reason I don't side with you on this one, I can't make it any more clear.

Message 30 of 52 (511 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.