Helpful Links

AT&T ditching data plans!

Tutor

AT&T ditching data plans!

Just got a text message from AT&T:

On 4/18 data packages and auto renew will only be available with monthly plans.  Pls move to monthly plan if you want 2 continue data package use.

this really stinks!  I have been using pay as you go for about 10 years now.  not sure what I will do, probably just go without data.  And their per kb data cost is horrible.  If they reduced it by a factor of 10 (or even 5) the rate would be more reasonable.

Message 1 of 3
Mentor

Re: AT&T ditching data plans!

I should be allowed to get a refund of my prepaid balance over this.  I paid in advance for a service they arbitrarily decided to eliminate.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
pl1
Mentor

Re: AT&T ditching data plans!

rrgg wrote:

I should be allowed to get a refund of my prepaid balance over this.  I paid in advance for a service they arbitrarily decided to eliminate.

A lot of us are in the same boat. I bought a new AT&T branded Samsung Focus two months ago for $230 and $105 to my prepaid account. I spent $25 one month ago on data. I lost 500MB data, and $25 for one monthly payment, and $35 to donations, and $250 for a new T-Mobile branded Nokia Lumia, and the hassle involved with changing phones and porting my number (another $20 to Google Voice).

No, you are NOT alone, and something really needs to be done in my opinion. I guess we can vote with our feet and be sure to let anyone and everyone know how they treat their paying customers.   

Edit: Oh, the good news is, I'm getting great 4G coverage with TMO when I only had 3G with them. 

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support