AT&T ditching data plans!

Tutor

AT&T ditching data plans!

[ Edited ]

Just got a text message from AT&T:

On 4/18 data packages and auto renew will only be available with monthly plans.  Pls move to monthly plan if you want 2 continue data package use.

this really stinks!  I have been using pay as you go for about 10 years now.  not sure what I will do, probably just go without data.  And their per kb data cost is horrible.  If they reduced it by a factor of 10 (or even 5) the rate would be more reasonable.

Message 1 of 3 (897 Views)
Teacher

Re: AT&T ditching data plans!

I should be allowed to get a refund of my prepaid balance over this.  I paid in advance for a service they arbitrarily decided to eliminate.

Message 2 of 3 (457 Views)
Highlighted
pl1
Mentor

Re: AT&T ditching data plans!

[ Edited ]

rrgg wrote:

I should be allowed to get a refund of my prepaid balance over this.  I paid in advance for a service they arbitrarily decided to eliminate.

A lot of us are in the same boat. I bought a new AT&T branded Samsung Focus two months ago for $230 and $105 to my prepaid account. I spent $25 one month ago on data. I lost 500MB data, and $25 for one monthly payment, and $35 to donations, and $250 for a new T-Mobile branded Nokia Lumia, and the hassle involved with changing phones and porting my number (another $20 to Google Voice).

No, you are NOT alone, and something really needs to be done in my opinion. I guess we can vote with our feet and be sure to let anyone and everyone know how they treat their paying customers.   

Edit: Oh, the good news is, I'm getting great 4G coverage with TMO when I only had 3G with them. 

Message 3 of 3 (439 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.