Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 4, 2012
11:37:16 AM
AT&T ditching data plans!
Edited by aspenboy on Apr 4, 2012 at 11:40:10 AM

Just got a text message from AT&T:

On 4/18 data packages and auto renew will only be available with monthly plans.  Pls move to monthly plan if you want 2 continue data package use.

this really stinks!  I have been using pay as you go for about 10 years now.  not sure what I will do, probably just go without data.  And their per kb data cost is horrible.  If they reduced it by a factor of 10 (or even 5) the rate would be more reasonable.

Just got a text message from AT&T:

On 4/18 data packages and auto renew will only be available with monthly plans.  Pls move to monthly plan if you want 2 continue data package use.

this really stinks!  I have been using pay as you go for about 10 years now.  not sure what I will do, probably just go without data.  And their per kb data cost is horrible.  If they reduced it by a factor of 10 (or even 5) the rate would be more reasonable.

AT&T ditching data plans!

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2012 6:56:25 PM
(0)
Teacher

I should be allowed to get a refund of my prepaid balance over this.  I paid in advance for a service they arbitrarily decided to eliminate.

I should be allowed to get a refund of my prepaid balance over this.  I paid in advance for a service they arbitrarily decided to eliminate.

Re: AT&T ditching data plans!

2 of 3 (445 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2012 9:02:20 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by pl1 on Apr 25, 2012 at 9:05:13 PM

rrgg wrote:

A lot of us are in the same boat. I bought a new AT&T branded Samsung Focus two months ago for $230 and $105 to my prepaid account. I spent $25 one month ago on data. I lost 500MB data, and $25 for one monthly payment, and $35 to donations, and $250 for a new T-Mobile branded Nokia Lumia, and the hassle involved with changing phones and porting my number (another $20 to Google Voice).

No, you are NOT alone, and something really needs to be done in my opinion. I guess we can vote with our feet and be sure to let anyone and everyone know how they treat their paying customers.   

Edit: Oh, the good news is, I'm getting great 4G coverage with TMO when I only had 3G with them. 

rrgg wrote:

A lot of us are in the same boat. I bought a new AT&T branded Samsung Focus two months ago for $230 and $105 to my prepaid account. I spent $25 one month ago on data. I lost 500MB data, and $25 for one monthly payment, and $35 to donations, and $250 for a new T-Mobile branded Nokia Lumia, and the hassle involved with changing phones and porting my number (another $20 to Google Voice).

No, you are NOT alone, and something really needs to be done in my opinion. I guess we can vote with our feet and be sure to let anyone and everyone know how they treat their paying customers.   

Edit: Oh, the good news is, I'm getting great 4G coverage with TMO when I only had 3G with them. 

Re: AT&T ditching data plans!

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (427 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments