Helpful Links

AT&T are a bunch of crooks

AT&T are a bunch of crooks

So today my mom got a bill from AT&T that was $20 higher than usually. She doesn't speak english very well and she only ever uses the phone to call her husband and kids, doesnt even use any other feature of her dumb phone. She asked me to look at the bill and I see 10MB @ $2 per MB, total $20. I thought that was pretty crazy considering the already overpriced 300MB is $20 and 3GB is $30. I check the setting of this dumb phone, which you can't even do anything in, and in the web preference, it's set to view PC versions of web pages!!!    Holy moly, really? PC version on a stupid dumb phone that can't even properly render a mobile page????

I called and told them I wanted data blocked on the phone, which I do whenever this problem comes up but for whatever reason, data magically becomes unblocked. The AT&T lady then tells me that my mom wouldn't be able to receive photo text messages on the unlimited text plan that we already pay for! WHAT???!!

AT&T are a bunch of crooks man.

Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: AT&T are a bunch of crooks

blamekilly wrote:

So today my mom got a bill from AT&T that was $20 higher than usually. She doesn't speak english very well and she only ever uses the phone to call her husband and kids, doesnt even use any other feature of her dumb phone. She asked me to look at the bill and I see 10MB @ $2 per MB, total $20. I thought that was pretty crazy considering the already overpriced 300MB is $20 and 3GB is $30. I check the setting of this dumb phone, which you can't even do anything in, and in the web preference, it's set to view PC versions of web pages!!!    Holy moly, really? PC version on a stupid dumb phone that can't even properly render a mobile page????

I called and told them I wanted data blocked on the phone, which I do whenever this problem comes up but for whatever reason, data magically becomes unblocked. The AT&T lady then tells me that my mom wouldn't be able to receive photo text messages on the unlimited text plan that we already pay for! WHAT???!!

That is as it has always been.  Turning data off allow her to recieve text messages but not picture messages.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 5
Teacher

Surely no images or video in a text is just a side effect of turning off cellular data and all the overages were caused by using the phone's web browser.

I guess you just have to be careful not to open up the phone's web browser.  If you already have unlimited text messaging on a non-smartphone you can add unlimited data for 10 dollars extra.  That is a lot better than worrying about huge overages.

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Master

Laid-Back wrote:

Surely no images or video in a text is just a side effect of turning off cellular data 

That is correct.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 5

blamekilly wrote:

That's how it works with mostly all the carriers, not just AT&T. lol.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support