AT&T and their Windows Phone 8 joke of the day

Scholar

AT&T and their Windows Phone 8 joke of the day

This is absolutely hilarious.  They are in complete denial:

http://winsource.com/2012/06/21/t-mobile-att-fully-behind-windows-phone-8/

AT&T, I would be happier if you STOPPED supporting Windows Phone 8. Seriously, what you think is the "UNMATCHED LEADER" is killing a great platform.  Maybe if you didn't know it existed it would flourish because of you staying away from it.  The carriers who DON'T support it still released all the updates in a timely fashion.  The mopes you have in charge of allowing the updates (who do NOTHING other than say YES OR NO) have hurt the platform as well as AT&T customer satisfaction beyond belief!  How do I get an AT&T manager to call me so I can explain how horrible they are at their jobs?!

Here's the quote from the posted article to leave you in hysterics:

Additionally, AT&T released a brief statement about Windows Phone 8 that leaves no questions as to whether or not the network will receive high end devices.

AT&T plans to carry a new line of Windows Phone 8 smartphones launching later this year. The unmatched leader in Windows Phone –offering the very first 4G LTE Windows Phone smartphones in the U.S. – AT&T is home to the most robust Windows Phone portfolio of any carrier.

Message 1 of 8 (6,081 Views)
Professor

Re: AT&T and their Windows Phone 8 joke of the day

Microsoft is not supporting Windows Phone 8 on current devices. It is not an at&t decision.
Message 2 of 8 (6,063 Views)
Professor

But I still agree that that stinks.
Message 3 of 8 (6,044 Views)
Scholar

Windows 7.5-7.8 will turn out like the Sega Saturn and have less support, while windows 8 will be like the Sega Dreamcast and have tons of 1st and 3rd party support. Who knows how long that is gonna last...
Message 4 of 8 (5,965 Views)
Scholar

Fred,

I'm well aware of the WP8 upgrade situation and support Microsoft in that decision. The joke I was referring to is that AT&T considers themselves THE PREMIER PARTNER of Windows Phone after pushing as few of updates as possible.  They have literally been the WORST partner of all carriers carrying Windows Phone. That statement shows they are either in complete denial or are complete sociopaths.

-Mc

Message 5 of 8 (5,956 Views)
Master

AT&T is still way better than Verizon and Sprint in supporting the WP7. Those two carriers still only have one WP7 1st gen phones. T-Mobile is too small for AT&T to compete against. Besides, AT&T releases more WP7 phones than any other carriers.

Message 6 of 8 (5,867 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

I disagree.  They push the updates regularly.  My 1st gen Windows Phone (which I manually updated to the latest as they came out) is much better to use than my 2nd gen phone (which is still sitting at 7720 waiting for AT&T to pull their heads out of their {word filter evasion}) due to the muffled call quality, disapearing keyboard, Exchange 2003 bug, etc.  Verizon also stated that they are going to do for Windows Phone 8 what they did for Android.  Verizon is ACTUALLY committed to Windows Phone as opposed to AT&T just saying they are.  The Lumia launch was pitiful, everybody (including Microsoft) knows that their device support was non-existent and their lack of information and broken promises regarding updates just further shows how poor of a carrier they are.

I would never, EVER recommend anyone to use AT&T for ANY services. 

Message 7 of 8 (5,863 Views)

[ Edited ]

foxbat121 wrote:

AT&T is still way better than Verizon and Sprint in supporting the WP7. Those two carriers still only have one WP7 1st gen phones. T-Mobile is too small for AT&T to compete against. Besides, AT&T releases more WP7 phones than any other carriers.

AT&T is the premier WP7 carrier which means they get the most and best devices. AT&T is clearly not supporting WP7 because they are not pushing updates to customers. 

Deutsche Telekom, the parent company of T-mobile U.S. is larger than AT&T. If they actually spent money here to build a good network with as much coverage as AT&T and VZW, and have a real 4g network with data speeds that are the same or faster than AT&T and VZW  they can run AT&T wireless and VZW out of buisness by offering unlimited LTE with no throttling and they can pay to get all of the good phones exclusively.

Message 8 of 8 (5,826 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support