AT&T and Apple two catastophic failures who will be sued for not practicing due dilligence

Mentor

AT&T and Apple two catastophic failures who will be sued for not practicing due dilligence

[ Edited ]

Now there are reports of AT&T mixing up and shipping the phones to the wrong addresses.  Here is a user that wrote into Gizmodo.

"So it looks like I am getting a free iPhone from AT&T because of some guy named John (I won't reveal his last name) ordered one. The confirmation came from one of my other email accounts which is tied to my AT&T account. It has his credit card information but my shipping address. I work in IT so I can see how bad this is for security reasons. I didn't order an iPhone and I don't even get wireless service from AT&T. Someone screwed up badly on this and I would be demanding that AT&T purge all orders from yesterday ASAP. As it looks now though I am getting a free iPhone from AT&T and I don't know if I should return it or keep it, if it arrives."

See you {word filter evasion} in court!

Message 1 of 32 (1,517 Views)
Scholar

Re: AT&T and Apple two catastophic failures who will be sued for not practicing due dilligence

This is not always an issue with the merchant!  I work in a bank in the debit card department and know that if a company's processor goes down then all kinds of nutty things can occur.  (Not saying this is the case, but just seeing so many jump to conclusions cuz they hate AT&T that i wanted to make sure you all had some other sides that might have happened too  Smiley Wink )    Also, in about 95% of accidental dupe charges the merchant does settle the mistaken charge and it drops off after 4 business days. 

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

There are some people who have been double charged by AT&T on their debit cards and can't get an answer from AT&T on it, which is legit because some people don't have that much money in their accounts and if this is the case I can see where a lawsuit will apply.

BrianfromNO wrote:

What damage?  Elaborate upon it for us.  You can't, because you don't know what you're talking about.

And do you really understand what a class action is, and how it's certified?

Dominick.S wrote:

Say what you will the damage has already been done.

A week or so ago it was for iPAD users and now its for iPhone users.

Two breaches in one moths time.

I hope the FBI investigates and most likley AT&T will be fined for not complying with govenment regulations.

I am almost certain we will see a massive class action against AT&T for this.

Message 31 of 32 (289 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: AT&T and Apple two catastophic failures who will be sued for not practicing due dilligence

Actually this is not on any merchant's issue list either as credits have to go through more hoops than debits do.  Thank your wonderful FDIC regulations for those hoops!
BrianfromNO wrote:

Fine, but AT&T will eventually refund the charges.  There are frequently complaints from people who talk about AT&T being slow to issue credit card refunds.  Unfortunately, they are not alone in that.

While I sympathize with people in this situation, if you are that close to credit limit or that short on funds in your checking account, perhaps you should consider a purchase a little less extravagant.  It's a symptom of a deeper consumerist illness plaguing America.

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

There are some people who have been double charged by AT&T on their debit cards and can't get an answer from AT&T on it, which is legit because some people don't have that much money in their accounts and if this is the case I can see where a lawsuit will apply.

BrianfromNO wrote:

What damage?  Elaborate upon it for us.  You can't, because you don't know what you're talking about.

And do you really understand what a class action is, and how it's certified?

Dominick.S wrote:

Say what you will the damage has already been done.

A week or so ago it was for iPAD users and now its for iPhone users.

Two breaches in one moths time.

I hope the FBI investigates and most likley AT&T will be fined for not complying with govenment regulations.

I am almost certain we will see a massive class action against AT&T for this.

Message 32 of 32 (286 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.