AT&T and Apple two catastophic failures who will be sued for not practicing due dilligence

Mentor

AT&T and Apple two catastophic failures who will be sued for not practicing due dilligence

[ Edited ]

Now there are reports of AT&T mixing up and shipping the phones to the wrong addresses.  Here is a user that wrote into Gizmodo.

"So it looks like I am getting a free iPhone from AT&T because of some guy named John (I won't reveal his last name) ordered one. The confirmation came from one of my other email accounts which is tied to my AT&T account. It has his credit card information but my shipping address. I work in IT so I can see how bad this is for security reasons. I didn't order an iPhone and I don't even get wireless service from AT&T. Someone screwed up badly on this and I would be demanding that AT&T purge all orders from yesterday ASAP. As it looks now though I am getting a free iPhone from AT&T and I don't know if I should return it or keep it, if it arrives."

See you {word filter evasion} in court!

Message 1 of 32 (1,522 Views)
Teacher

Re: AT&T and Apple two catastophic failures who will be sued for not practicing due dilligence

Message 16 of 32 (894 Views)
Master

Re: AT&T and Apple two catastophic failures who will be sued for not practicing due dilligence

What damage?  Elaborate upon it for us.  You can't, because you don't know what you're talking about.

And do you really understand what a class action is, and how it's certified?

Dominick.S wrote:

Say what you will the damage has already been done.

A week or so ago it was for iPAD users and now its for iPhone users.

Two breaches in one moths time.

I hope the FBI investigates and most likley AT&T will be fined for not complying with govenment regulations.

I am almost certain we will see a massive class action against AT&T for this.

Message 17 of 32 (852 Views)

There are some people who have been double charged by AT&T on their debit cards and can't get an answer from AT&T on it, which is legit because some people don't have that much money in their accounts and if this is the case I can see where a lawsuit will apply.

BrianfromNO wrote:

What damage?  Elaborate upon it for us.  You can't, because you don't know what you're talking about.

Dominick.S wrote:

I hope the FBI investigates and most likley AT&T will be fined for not complying with govenment regulations.

Message 18 of 32 (845 Views)
Master

Fine, but AT&T will eventually refund the charges.  There are frequently complaints from people who talk about AT&T being slow to issue credit card refunds.  Unfortunately, they are not alone in that.

While I sympathize with people in this situation, if you are that close to credit limit or that short on funds in your checking account, perhaps you should consider a purchase a little less extravagant.  It's a symptom of a deeper consumerist illness plaguing America.

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

There are some people who have been double charged by AT&T on their debit cards and can't get an answer from AT&T on it, which is legit because some people don't have that much money in their accounts and if this is the case I can see where a lawsuit will apply.

BrianfromNO wrote:

Dominick.S wrote:

Message 19 of 32 (840 Views)
Expert

Dominick.S wrote:

pray tell exactly what goverment regualtions are you refering to, or it is just a winsome hopeful plea for it?

crass action suites are filed for any precieved fault, they mean little

Message 20 of 32 (823 Views)
Expert

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

BrianfromNO wrote:

Dominick.S wrote:

Pray tell how many of these double charges where caused by the impatient end users continuing to hit enter or refresh on the charge screen just becasue it did not come back in what they considered a resonable lenght of time. Suspect that 90 percent of them are becasue of this. 

Like I said crass action suites worthless, no one winns but the lawyers.

Message 21 of 32 (948 Views)
Expert

jj4022 wrote:

Check this out, sounds pretty negligent:

http://gizmodo.com/5564262/apple-iphone-4-order-security-breach-exposes-private-information

right about now the National Enquirer has more credability

Message 22 of 32 (947 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

They may get fined by regulators, but I think to get money, people are going to have to show actual harm.  Namely that their information was compromised via AT&T's web site and that someone used that information to steal or charge stuff in your name.

Message 23 of 32 (943 Views)
Teacher

wingrider01 wrote:

jj4022 wrote:

Check this out, sounds pretty negligent:

http://gizmodo.com/5564262/apple-iphone-4-order-security-breach-exposes-private-information

right about now the National Enquirer has more credability

Please elaborate, just because they buy stolen phones?

Message 24 of 32 (907 Views)
Professor

Wow! Not just class action lawsuits but MASSIVE class action?

Alrighty then.

Message 25 of 32 (895 Views)
Expert

SLIKRICK wrote:

Alrighty then.

wonder if that is bigger then a venue of vultures or a business of ferretts?

Message 26 of 32 (872 Views)
Explorer

wingrider01 wrote:

Pray tell how many of these double charges where caused by the impatient end users continuing to hit enter or refresh on the charge screen just becasue it did not come back in what they considered a resonable lenght of time. Suspect that 90 percent of them are becasue of this. 

IF any of these show up on the wrong accounts, it's due to the same thing. People being in a gigantic frenzy over a PHONE and trying to enter things as fast as humanly possible and not looking at what was actually on the screen.  I call BS on the gizmodo story above, I've never received a confirmation for an order that contains my entire credit card number, (usually it's just the last 4) and it seems a little convenient that the person just HAPPENED to be eligible for an upgrade sp the phone went through on his account.  

Message 27 of 32 (846 Views)
Explorer

wingrider01 wrote:

SLIKRICK wrote:

Alrighty then.

Next we'll be seeing people trying to sue because they don't get their phone on the 24th.

Message 28 of 32 (844 Views)
Expert

bstiff wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

SLIKRICK wrote:

Alrighty then.

Next we'll be seeing people trying to sue because they don't get their phone on the 24th.

was there ever any doubt? Not to mention all the posts on the forunms about how incompetent apple and att are that they are going to switch to a different carrier that treats customers better. Stocking up on popcorn here for the 24th

Message 29 of 32 (805 Views)
Guru

wingrider01 wrote:

Quoted, bolded and colored for the truth.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 30 of 32 (776 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.