Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 7, 2012
4:08:49 PM
View profile
[AT&T] Will Opening iphone 4s back housing will Void my Warranty????

Hi

I have a question

if i replace my housing with my custom iphone 4s housing one. Will it void the warranty? I mean like if i change it back to original before i sent it to them to get something fix will it work? Is there a indicator to check if i have open the iphone before?

Thank you!!!!!!

Hi

I have a question

if i replace my housing with my custom iphone 4s housing one. Will it void the warranty? I mean like if i change it back to original before i sent it to them to get something fix will it work? Is there a indicator to check if i have open the iphone before?

Thank you!!!!!!

[AT&T] Will Opening iphone 4s back housing will Void my Warranty????

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2012 4:26:44 PM
(0)
Guru

It will void your warranty. As to whether there's an indicator (tape, etc), I don't think there's any way of knowing. You might check a web site like iFixIt; they usually perform a teardown on every new Apple device, and it might tell you if there's an indicator.

It will void your warranty. As to whether there's an indicator (tape, etc), I don't think there's any way of knowing. You might check a web site like iFixIt; they usually perform a teardown on every new Apple device, and it might tell you if there's an indicator.

Re: [AT&T] Will Opening iphone 4s back housing will Void my Warranty????

2 of 3 (340 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2012 5:48:47 PM
(0)
Master

Keep in mind that all warranty support for the iPhone is done by Apple so it would be up to them if they would or would not honor a warranty.  They use funny screws at the bottom by the dock connector so that they can tell if a phone has been opened up.  Not really sure what they would do?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Keep in mind that all warranty support for the iPhone is done by Apple so it would be up to them if they would or would not honor a warranty.  They use funny screws at the bottom by the dock connector so that they can tell if a phone has been opened up.  Not really sure what they would do?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: [AT&T] Will Opening iphone 4s back housing will Void my Warranty????

3 of 3 (330 Views)