Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 1, 2008
9:18:06 PM
AT&T WiFi at Starbucks, will it be free for us?
"Beginning this spring, Starbucks Card holders can enjoy up to two hours of free Wi-Fi service per day at Starbucks locations offering Wi-Fi access, while more than 12 million qualifying AT&T broadband and AT&T U-verseSM Internet customers will have unlimited free access to the Wi-Fi service. In addition, more than 5 million of AT&T’s remote access services business customers will be able to access Wi-Fi service at Starbucks locations. AT&T will soon extend the benefits of Wi-Fi at Starbucks to its wireless customers."

http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/pressdesc.asp?id=827

I wonder when they extend this to wireless subscribers if people on the data plans will get this for free? I think it would only be fair as T-Mobile data subcribers have free access to their hotspots, right?
"Beginning this spring, Starbucks Card holders can enjoy up to two hours of free Wi-Fi service per day at Starbucks locations offering Wi-Fi access, while more than 12 million qualifying AT&T broadband and AT&T U-verseSM Internet customers will have unlimited free access to the Wi-Fi service. In addition, more than 5 million of AT&T’s remote access services business customers will be able to access Wi-Fi service at Starbucks locations. AT&T will soon extend the benefits of Wi-Fi at Starbucks to its wireless customers."

http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/pressdesc.asp?id=827

I wonder when they extend this to wireless subscribers if people on the data plans will get this for free? I think it would only be fair as T-Mobile data subcribers have free access to their hotspots, right?

AT&T WiFi at Starbucks, will it be free for us?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2008 8:12:47 AM
(0)
Master
The newer data plans with the 5GB cap include WIFI.
The newer data plans with the 5GB cap include WIFI.

Re: AT&T WiFi at Starbucks, will it be free for us?

2 of 2 (1,475 Views)