AT&T Wi-Fi on Streak

Highlighted
Tutor

AT&T Wi-Fi on Streak

I have a Dell Streak. According to what I've read on the AT&T web page, anyone with an unlimited data plan on a smart phone/PDA should have access to the AT&T Wi-Fi network. When I try to connect, it asks for a AT&T Wi-Fi account ID and password. What should I use?

Message 1 of 6 (2,329 Views)
Professor

Re: AT&T Wi-Fi on Streak

That depends, are you trying to access Wi-Fi at a Starbucks or another area outside of your home? If so, then you need to as the proprietor for the connect info. There's a great non-starbucks coffee house where I live and I can use their Wi-Fi with my laptop, but I had to ask for their account ID & password.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 2 of 6 (2,316 Views)
Tutor

No, I'm trying to access an AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot. Supposedly there's over 20,000 AT&T WI-Fi Hot Spots I should have access to as a data plan subscriber.

Message 3 of 6 (2,303 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Heres a map that says you can enter zip code or city, and it will pop up with all AT&T Wi-Fi spots.

It works well, cound all the spots near my zip code.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 4 of 6 (2,299 Views)
Tutor

Yes, that is a great tool to find a hot spot, it's what I used to find the one I was attampting to connect to. My question is, it wants an AT&T Wi-Fi Account ID and password. Since I'm a AT&T mobile customer, not a AT&T Wi-Fi customer, I do not have an account ID and password so what do I use? I tried the username and password for my AT&T Mobility account, no luck.  I called AT&T customer care and they didn't have a cluse as to what I was talking about.

Message 5 of 6 (2,295 Views)

I know exactly what your asking for and looking for a solution as well.

For clarification, we are able to connect to the hotspot "attwifi" there is no encryption. Once connected and try to access a site, it takes you to an At&t Log on screen. There you have to enter your att username and password to use the internet. I as well have an unlimited data plan which states it includes access to at&t wifi hotspots. Since i log on my at&t wireless account using my cellphone number and password, what do i use to log on to the at&t wifi? When i try my cellphone number and password it can't go through because i have to select a domain (whether it be @att.net or @sbcglobal.net; theres a long list to choose from, none are wireless account).

Message 6 of 6 (2,066 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.