Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 28, 2010
4:12:55 AM
AT&T Tilt 2 Official ROM Update Coming
Edited by prubin on Jul 28, 2010 at 4:19:41 AM

Latest Blog News & Headlines

27 Jul
 XDA is reporting that there is a ROM Update discovered on Shipped ROMS for the AT&T Tilt 2:

RUU_Rhodium_S2_Cingular_US_2.10.502.4_Radio_Rhodium_4.49.25.95_Signed_Ship.exe

This looks to be a Sense 2.5 update that also includes a new Radio: ATT_Radio_Rhodium_4.49.25.95

Updated-Tilt2-MainUpdated-Tilt2-AboutUpdated-Tilt2-Sys-Info

chadster214 has posted the package contents of the ROM here for you to check out, but as he says, there’s a ton of bloatware in there so we all know it is the genuine AT&T ROM! :)

You can download the Radio here and the ROM here.

Latest Blog News & Headlines

27 Jul
 XDA is reporting that there is a ROM Update discovered on Shipped ROMS for the AT&T Tilt 2:

RUU_Rhodium_S2_Cingular_US_2.10.502.4_Radio_Rhodium_4.49.25.95_Signed_Ship.exe

This looks to be a Sense 2.5 update that also includes a new Radio: ATT_Radio_Rhodium_4.49.25.95

Updated-Tilt2-MainUpdated-Tilt2-AboutUpdated-Tilt2-Sys-Info

chadster214 has posted the package contents of the ROM here for you to check out, but as he says, there’s a ton of bloatware in there so we all know it is the genuine AT&T ROM! :)

You can download the Radio here and the ROM here.

AT&T Tilt 2 Official ROM Update Coming

[ Edited ]
124 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(124)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 5:32:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Whoa, and we all thought that ATT had moved on from the Tilt2.

I've been using Sense 2.5 on the Energy ROM for a few months now, it will be a nice upgrade for those that haven't tried it yet.

Whoa, and we all thought that ATT had moved on from the Tilt2.

I've been using Sense 2.5 on the Energy ROM for a few months now, it will be a nice upgrade for those that haven't tried it yet.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T Tilt 2 Official ROM Update Coming

2 of 125 (7,572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 9:59:50 AM
(0)
Scholar

<*jaw dropped to the ground*>

Wow I would have bet any amount of $$$ we would never see this.  Anyone installed this yet?  I would love to see a screen shot of the home page.

<*jaw dropped to the ground*>

Wow I would have bet any amount of $$$ we would never see this.  Anyone installed this yet?  I would love to see a screen shot of the home page.

3 of 125 (7,501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 10:14:34 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by UnusualSuspect on Jul 28, 2010 at 10:31:42 AM

Yeah, my jaw dropped, too.  I'm going to wait for an official release, but the reports on XDA say it's pretty fast. 

Looking forward to it.

Some screenshots here.

Mike

Yeah, my jaw dropped, too.  I'm going to wait for an official release, but the reports on XDA say it's pretty fast. 

Looking forward to it.

Some screenshots here.

Mike

[ Edited ]
4 of 125 (7,495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 11:33:04 AM
(0)
Scholar

I went for the plunge, it is definately faster, and smoother, so Far I like it, once i get rid of the Crapware , It will be really nice.

I went for the plunge, it is definately faster, and smoother, so Far I like it, once i get rid of the Crapware , It will be really nice.

5 of 125 (7,449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 2:18:34 PM
(0)
Teacher

Technically wouldn't this be considered an official update seems as it is coming from recent shipped Tilt 2s? I'm installing in 5 minutes....CANT WAIT!!!!!

Technically wouldn't this be considered an official update seems as it is coming from recent shipped Tilt 2s? I'm installing in 5 minutes....CANT WAIT!!!!!

6 of 125 (7,400 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 3:01:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

It will be official when it is available from the AT&T and/or HTC site.

I'll miss the weather clock (I have a cooked ROM) but I may have to try this puppy out.

It will be official when it is available from the AT&T and/or HTC site.

I'll miss the weather clock (I have a cooked ROM) but I may have to try this puppy out.

7 of 125 (7,385 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 4:16:19 PM
(0)
Scholar
This one has the weather clock.

8 of 125 (7,362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 5:39:23 PM
(0)
Scholar

<insert amazed look here>

i am so completely blown away by this news.  talk about a surprise; with at&t's history of abandoning released phones, i truly can't believe they have actually given us an up-to-date rom.  heck, i have a funny feeling that i just made a prouncement about the tilt 2 being dead to at&t about a week ago!

so i wonder how well this will stack up against my latest energy rom?  i think i may stick with my current energy rom (july 17th dinik) and radio (.77) and watch the boards for a week or so.  on the other hand, i may end up flashing this weekend because i can't stand not trying the official rom...

<insert amazed look here>

i am so completely blown away by this news.  talk about a surprise; with at&t's history of abandoning released phones, i truly can't believe they have actually given us an up-to-date rom.  heck, i have a funny feeling that i just made a prouncement about the tilt 2 being dead to at&t about a week ago!

so i wonder how well this will stack up against my latest energy rom?  i think i may stick with my current energy rom (july 17th dinik) and radio (.77) and watch the boards for a week or so.  on the other hand, i may end up flashing this weekend because i can't stand not trying the official rom...

9 of 125 (7,343 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 7:28:55 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by luke6283 on Jul 28, 2010 at 7:32:45 PM

So this rom ROCKS!!!!! totally awesome!!! only con I noticed so far is HTC Task Manager is removed from the rom...looking to find one online, found a couple but they weren't specifically for the tilt2, i might try it though because memory is used up real fast with out being able to fully close out the programs. On the other hand 83MB of program memory available after startup, had to go in and delete the built in music and demo games and att navigator and some of the att music programs I never use to clean up some storage memory. Oh Yeah and they also added in HTC messaging which is way awesome!!!

So this rom ROCKS!!!!! totally awesome!!! only con I noticed so far is HTC Task Manager is removed from the rom...looking to find one online, found a couple but they weren't specifically for the tilt2, i might try it though because memory is used up real fast with out being able to fully close out the programs. On the other hand 83MB of program memory available after startup, had to go in and delete the built in music and demo games and att navigator and some of the att music programs I never use to clean up some storage memory. Oh Yeah and they also added in HTC messaging which is way awesome!!!

[ Edited ]
10 of 125 (7,319 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 8:20:40 PM
(0)
Teacher

So I downloaded this version as suggested by Jeep on the HTC forums. It works Perfect just like it was never gone. Once again Totally AWESOME!!!! 

So I downloaded this version as suggested by Jeep on the HTC forums. It works Perfect just like it was never gone. Once again Totally AWESOME!!!! 

11 of 125 (4,187 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 8:39:43 PM
(0)
Mentor

i am fracking shocked.

i can't believe that att is going to release this.  let alone that they kept it a secret for this long.

wow.

i will wait a while before i ditch my cooked rom for this, but i will definitely try it.

i fainted........

i am fracking shocked.

i can't believe that att is going to release this.  let alone that they kept it a secret for this long.

wow.

i will wait a while before i ditch my cooked rom for this, but i will definitely try it.

i fainted........

12 of 125 (4,184 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2010 4:37:18 AM
(0)
Mentor

GOT IT! when i first downloaded it to my phone the dang thing didnt work right. freaked me out. no on screen keyboard, no contacts. ugh. one hard reset later, works like a charm. awesome. kinda reminds me of the android home screen.

GOT IT! when i first downloaded it to my phone the dang thing didnt work right. freaked me out. no on screen keyboard, no contacts. ugh. one hard reset later, works like a charm. awesome. kinda reminds me of the android home screen.

13 of 125 (4,150 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2010 6:58:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

Good to hear positive comments. Sometimes these forums attract all the negative ones. As an FYI I think the tilt is being dicontinued as it's being offered on the ATT site as an eligible upgrade for free! Just got it since my Fuze lost the touch screen.

Good to hear positive comments. Sometimes these forums attract all the negative ones. As an FYI I think the tilt is being dicontinued as it's being offered on the ATT site as an eligible upgrade for free! Just got it since my Fuze lost the touch screen.

14 of 125 (4,123 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2010 7:18:19 AM
(0)
Scholar

It really does seem nice naked, but it wouldn't do a sprite back up, and several other programs won't work , so i flashed back to the original.

It really does seem nice naked, but it wouldn't do a sprite back up, and several other programs won't work , so i flashed back to the original.

15 of 125 (4,115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2010 8:59:32 AM
(0)
Scholar

Memnoch30 wrote:

Sweet!!!  It didn't look that way from the screenshots I saw but I missed the "My Location" the first time I saw it.  Would love to see a screenshot of an active homepage.

Memnoch30 wrote:

Sweet!!!  It didn't look that way from the screenshots I saw but I missed the "My Location" the first time I saw it.  Would love to see a screenshot of an active homepage.

16 of 125 (4,088 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2010 11:32:35 AM
(0)
Mentor

Sorry to be obtuse, but what do you do with Task Manager?  I've never figured out what it's for.   The other question I have is what is the new Radio?  I always thought that was hardware driven, not software.  I mean I understand that one can upgrade something like a bluetooth stack from 1.1 to 2.1, but it's still bluetooth right?  That doesn't make it a new radio does it?

Sorry to be obtuse, but what do you do with Task Manager?  I've never figured out what it's for.   The other question I have is what is the new Radio?  I always thought that was hardware driven, not software.  I mean I understand that one can upgrade something like a bluetooth stack from 1.1 to 2.1, but it's still bluetooth right?  That doesn't make it a new radio does it?

17 of 125 (4,051 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2010 11:37:47 AM
(0)
Expert

kerrins wrote:

Task Manager is what you use to close out of a running application (in this case, it lists all of the running apps).  As far as the new radio, each shipped build for all Tilt2 (whether from AT&T or another country altogether) come with updated radio software.  Users who modify their handsets will experiment with radios that will work better for them in their particular calling area.  Radio performance is highly tied to geographical areas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

kerrins wrote:

Task Manager is what you use to close out of a running application (in this case, it lists all of the running apps).  As far as the new radio, each shipped build for all Tilt2 (whether from AT&T or another country altogether) come with updated radio software.  Users who modify their handsets will experiment with radios that will work better for them in their particular calling area.  Radio performance is highly tied to geographical areas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

18 of 125 (4,048 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2010 1:25:54 PM
(0)
Voyager

Just installed the new rom on my Tilt2 and I really like what I'm seeing for now. Also, one other thing is that the "Task Manager" is located in the start up menu. At least that is where I found it on my phone.

Just installed the new rom on my Tilt2 and I really like what I'm seeing for now. Also, one other thing is that the "Task Manager" is located in the start up menu. At least that is where I found it on my phone.

19 of 125 (4,013 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2010 1:52:51 PM
(0)
Mentor

Question - if I wanted to pop this ROM onto my phone, would I need to hardSPL it first?  Or does it just install like an official release?

I don't want to hardSPL at least until my warranty period is up (October).

Mike

Question - if I wanted to pop this ROM onto my phone, would I need to hardSPL it first?  Or does it just install like an official release?

I don't want to hardSPL at least until my warranty period is up (October).

Mike

20 of 125 (3,996 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2010 5:31:25 AM
(0)
Guru

Since it is an "Official" ROM, you do not need to hard SPL.

Since it is an "Official" ROM, you do not need to hard SPL.

21 of 125 (3,291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2010 1:25:39 PM
(0)
Tutor

So, to install this ROM, do you have to install the EXE file to the device or can you run it from a PC or sim card?

So, to install this ROM, do you have to install the EXE file to the device or can you run it from a PC or sim card?

22 of 125 (3,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2010 6:53:55 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Paolo01 on Jul 31, 2010 at 6:55:13 AM

tpthomastt wrote:

You can run it from the computer, though I really wish we just had the .NBH so that I could upload from the SD card.  So much faster and WIN 7 ROM changes are such a pain through windows mobile center for some reason.

tpthomastt wrote:

You can run it from the computer, though I really wish we just had the .NBH so that I could upload from the SD card.  So much faster and WIN 7 ROM changes are such a pain through windows mobile center for some reason.

[ Edited ]
23 of 125 (3,133 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2010 4:08:24 PM
(0)
Scholar

To do this do I need to install both the radio & ROM or just the ROM?? I've never done this before so I'm not sure what to do.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

To do this do I need to install both the radio & ROM or just the ROM?? I've never done this before so I'm not sure what to do.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

24 of 125 (3,069 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2010 7:08:53 PM
(0)
Mentor

I installed this ROM yesterday and it's really great! It's fast, the GPS lock is quick, and although I don't have enough time on it to give it a thorough wringing out...so far the battery life has been great, too!

I've flashed many third party ROM's and never seen one this quick before. 

It's really great that AT&T would release such a highly polished ROM to the devoted faithful. However, it's ironic that they didn't have this quality of ROM at the initial release, and doubly ironic that they're releasing the ROM this unit has needed to really shine at about the time it appears they're going to discontinue the unit! Very strange way to do businesss!

But I'm *very* glad to have this ROM! I've rearranged the Start menu to hide all the stuff I find objectionable and so I can quickly get at the few apps I use constantly. As a very heavy business user, I'm really going to enjoy the speed of this ROM as I work thru email, answer calls, check web sites, and take running notes all day long. This phone is a workhorse and finally a ROM that makes it shine....outstanding! 

--

dg

I installed this ROM yesterday and it's really great! It's fast, the GPS lock is quick, and although I don't have enough time on it to give it a thorough wringing out...so far the battery life has been great, too!

I've flashed many third party ROM's and never seen one this quick before. 

It's really great that AT&T would release such a highly polished ROM to the devoted faithful. However, it's ironic that they didn't have this quality of ROM at the initial release, and doubly ironic that they're releasing the ROM this unit has needed to really shine at about the time it appears they're going to discontinue the unit! Very strange way to do businesss!

But I'm *very* glad to have this ROM! I've rearranged the Start menu to hide all the stuff I find objectionable and so I can quickly get at the few apps I use constantly. As a very heavy business user, I'm really going to enjoy the speed of this ROM as I work thru email, answer calls, check web sites, and take running notes all day long. This phone is a workhorse and finally a ROM that makes it shine....outstanding! 

--

dg

25 of 125 (3,033 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2010 7:40:36 PM
(0)
Teacher

I'm really enjoying the addition of HTC messaging much better than what was on the original rom as you dont have to click the pic symbol on an mms and then once it opens up the older messaging system click on the pic symbol again....instead it gives you a small thumbnail that you can just click on....Very nice indeed

I'm really enjoying the addition of HTC messaging much better than what was on the original rom as you dont have to click the pic symbol on an mms and then once it opens up the older messaging system click on the pic symbol again....instead it gives you a small thumbnail that you can just click on....Very nice indeed

26 of 125 (3,028 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2010 8:22:14 PM
(0)
Mentor
will doing this rom install void my factory warranty? probably already too late since i already installed it. works great though.
will doing this rom install void my factory warranty? probably already too late since i already installed it. works great though.

27 of 125 (3,019 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2010 8:26:38 PM
(0)
Tutor

How do i do it? :'(

How do i do it? :'(

28 of 125 (3,016 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2010 6:15:16 AM
(0)
Guru

no - will not void your warranty -

no - will not void your warranty -

29 of 125 (2,977 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2010 6:35:23 AM
(0)
Professor

Does this update address the proximity sensor issue where the sensor 'mutes' the voice as the screen goes on and off, making conversations a problem?

Does this update address the proximity sensor issue where the sensor 'mutes' the voice as the screen goes on and off, making conversations a problem?

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

30 of 125 (2,974 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments