AT&T Text messaging plan needs more options.

AT&T Text messaging plan needs more options.

[ Edited ]

I see unlimited for $20.

How about 200 for $5?   What happened to that option?

Message 1 of 10 (8,453 Views)
Master

Re: AT&T Text messaging plan needs more options.

ATT got rid of $5 for 200 messages around March this year and the other options sometime this summer. If they had a business reason for it, I don't know or even understand it.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10 (8,445 Views)

The gameplan is obvious.  They will make more money charging .20 cents per message than their $5 for 200 plan.

People will rather pay .20 per use than $20 for unlimited.

And in the long run, they will end up paying lets say $10-15  per month use.  More than the $5 AT&T use to make.

Message 3 of 10 (8,429 Views)
Contributor

Corporate greed. Thats the only reason, despite what wording they use to spin it. 

Message 4 of 10 (8,410 Views)

Yes, i think they should do that.
Message 5 of 10 (8,394 Views)
Master

bamboodragons wrote:

I see unlimited for $20.

As already stated by Ann154, AT&T ditched the $5 200 messages plan earlier this year.

I personally think that they should re-instate the plan. I think this would make text messaging seem more attractive to a not-so-frequent user.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 10 (8,309 Views)
Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:

bamboodragons wrote:

I see unlimited for $20.

As already stated by Ann154, AT&T ditched the $5 200 messages plan earlier this year.

I personally think that they should re-instate the plan. I think this would make text messaging seem more attractive to a not-so-frequent user.

I agree. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 7 of 10 (8,279 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

HEY -- AT&T. You want to know why the Justice Department is suing you and why your T-mobile purchase will either be denied or be accompanied by onerous restrictions/concessions?? Yah - it's {word filter evasion} like this.

Greedy 

Message 8 of 10 (8,268 Views)
Guru

Im considering dropping text altogether since my usage has cut way back. I wish they had at least the $10 plan available. Offering just unlimited stinks.

Message 9 of 10 (8,191 Views)
Teacher

I upgraded my phone a couple of weeks ago and the salesman at the AT&T store told me that they didn't have the $5 plan any more even though I've had it for over 2 years.  He told me I had to either get the unlimited messages plan or be charged $.20 per message.  I told him it's a pain when you get texts from people you don't want and I think he took that to mean I wanted him to shut down all texts to my phone.  So not only did I get to keep my $5 plan, but he shut off all texts to my phone.  I didn't realize it until I was waiting for a text about an appointment time and never got it.  I had to go into another AT&T store near where I work to find out what happened.  She said the guy at the other AT&T store must've shut off my texts AND was incorrect about the $5 plan, that I should have been grandfathered in.  I called customer service and the lady with a thick accent told me she didn't have the $5 plan ANYWHERE in their system and it was not possible to get it.

NOT HAPPY AT&T.  Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 10 (7,981 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.