Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 15, 2011
9:39:47 AM
AT&T Student deal?

Hi everyone, 

I found this deal online and I was wondering if anyone here was familiar with it. 

You get 10% off your monthly bill
Waived Activation Fee (on weekends only)
$50 Account Credit toward purchase of device
Free Shipping
Discounted Cell Phones

This is where I found it link, do you guys think it's legit??

Hi everyone, 

I found this deal online and I was wondering if anyone here was familiar with it. 

You get 10% off your monthly bill
Waived Activation Fee (on weekends only)
$50 Account Credit toward purchase of device
Free Shipping
Discounted Cell Phones

This is where I found it link, do you guys think it's legit??

AT&T Student deal?

43 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(43)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2011 11:10:44 AM
(0)
Tutor

I've heard about this deal before, didn't know it was still going on. Thanks.

I've heard about this deal before, didn't know it was still going on. Thanks.

Re: AT&T Student deal?

2 of 44 (5,311 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2011 6:06:06 PM
(0)
Master

If your a student have you tried using your school email address here to look up your discount:

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/

If your a student have you tried using your school email address here to look up your discount:

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/

3 of 44 (5,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2011 9:39:52 AM
(0)
Tutor

Does it work on iPhones?

Does it work on iPhones?

4 of 44 (5,261 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2011 9:45:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

so sounds good and all, but do you have to be a student to get these deals??

so sounds good and all, but do you have to be a student to get these deals??

5 of 44 (5,257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2011 9:50:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

To get the student deal, you must be a student. They also have deals for teachers, government workers, union workers and many other workers and companies. If you have a work (or school) email, you can find out if and what kind of discounts you are eligible for.

Authenticate Discount: https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

To get the student deal, you must be a student. They also have deals for teachers, government workers, union workers and many other workers and companies. If you have a work (or school) email, you can find out if and what kind of discounts you are eligible for.

Authenticate Discount: https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 44 (5,253 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2011 9:50:06 AM
(0)
Tutor

Helpful thread. Thanks!

Helpful thread. Thanks!

7 of 44 (5,212 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2011 11:18:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

I followed this link yesterday AT&T Discount and I was able to just register on that website with my email address. You don't have to be a student to get the deal.  

I followed this link yesterday AT&T Discount and I was able to just register on that website with my email address. You don't have to be a student to get the deal.  

8 of 44 (5,168 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2011 3:45:07 PM
(0)
Master

EJS99 wrote:

Did you read the first post??  It has that same link already which prompted the discussion.

EJS99 wrote:

Did you read the first post??  It has that same link already which prompted the discussion.

9 of 44 (5,156 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 9:54:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

This sounds like a cool deal, thanks

This sounds like a cool deal, thanks

10 of 44 (5,053 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 12:00:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

I figured out the iPhone part  - the 10% only apply on voice and not on data

I figured out the iPhone part  - the 10% only apply on voice and not on data

11 of 44 (3,799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 10:54:37 AM
(0)
Contributor

Do you guys know if you can get the 10% off on all lines for a fam plan?

Do you guys know if you can get the 10% off on all lines for a fam plan?

12 of 44 (3,766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 2:15:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

I would assume if it's 10% off the monthly bill it'd be 10% off all lines on a fam plan but who knows

I would assume if it's 10% off the monthly bill it'd be 10% off all lines on a fam plan but who knows

13 of 44 (3,753 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 9:40:27 PM
(0)
Master

BlueSkyBlue wrote:

Not always.  It depends on the FAN agreement with AT&T.  Some cover all lines, some only the main line.  Some cover data and features while others do not.

If you want to know the specifics you will need to find the office/person in your business/school that handles the main account with ATT.

BlueSkyBlue wrote:

Not always.  It depends on the FAN agreement with AT&T.  Some cover all lines, some only the main line.  Some cover data and features while others do not.

If you want to know the specifics you will need to find the office/person in your business/school that handles the main account with ATT.

14 of 44 (3,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2011 11:52:24 AM
(0)
Tutor

Sorry can't help you with that one, I have an individual plan. However, I got my first discounted bill so discount s confirmed

Sorry can't help you with that one, I have an individual plan. However, I got my first discounted bill so discount s confirmed

15 of 44 (3,669 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2011 9:29:09 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the confirmation. I applied for the deal the other day so i'll see when my first bill comes.

Thanks for the confirmation. I applied for the deal the other day so i'll see when my first bill comes.

16 of 44 (3,638 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2011 9:44:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Rayosun on Apr 7, 2011 at 9:45:19 AM

BlueSkyBlue wrote:

Hey Blue!

Please note that it could take 1-2 billing cycles before the discount is applied if approved. Smiley Happy

-Evandela

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

BlueSkyBlue wrote:

Hey Blue!

Please note that it could take 1-2 billing cycles before the discount is applied if approved. Smiley Happy

-Evandela

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
17 of 44 (3,633 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2011 10:19:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks I'll keep that in mind when I get my 1st bill.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind when I get my 1st bill.

18 of 44 (3,612 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2011 9:44:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

Good deal. however clicked on the link and no mention of $50 account credit? was that a special promo now expired? 

Good deal. however clicked on the link and no mention of $50 account credit? was that a special promo now expired? 

19 of 44 (3,588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2011 9:27:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

If you click on the link from the first post, there's no mention of the $50 so I guess that is no longer available

If you click on the link from the first post, there's no mention of the $50 so I guess that is no longer available

20 of 44 (3,570 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2011 11:26:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

yah no more account credit but I still ended up getting my account migrated to the discount program cuz 10% is better than nothing

yah no more account credit but I still ended up getting my account migrated to the discount program cuz 10% is better than nothing

21 of 44 (3,647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 10:14:54 AM
(0)
Tutor

I hear ya

I hear ya

22 of 44 (3,634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 2:56:30 PM
(0)
Teacher

so if i just upgraded my phone today from amazon wireless can i get this tacked on?  not going to activate new phone until first of month.  also says i'm elgible but not getting email

so if i just upgraded my phone today from amazon wireless can i get this tacked on?  not going to activate new phone until first of month.  also says i'm elgible but not getting email

23 of 44 (3,627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2011 9:01:35 AM
(0)
Tutor

I think you have to upgrade through the LINK on the first post to get the discount. Not positive though.

I think you have to upgrade through the LINK on the first post to get the discount. Not positive though.

24 of 44 (3,613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 10:35:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

sportscrazed2 wrote:

I clicked the link in the first post to get more info and if I'm reading right, it looks like you can just get the discount applied to your account. Take a look.

sportscrazed2 wrote:

I clicked the link in the first post to get more info and if I'm reading right, it looks like you can just get the discount applied to your account. Take a look.

25 of 44 (3,583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2011 12:32:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

You can get the phone on Amazon.com and still get the discount but you have to use the studentrate amazon link for it to work. The after you  purchase your phone you can send them the order information and they apply your discount. I called them and they sent me this link to explain

You can get the phone on Amazon.com and still get the discount but you have to use the studentrate amazon link for it to work. The after you  purchase your phone you can send them the order information and they apply your discount. I called them and they sent me this link to explain

26 of 44 (3,567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2011 9:39:03 AM
(0)
Tutor

So if you order from that Amazon link you get the 10% discount? Can you order any AT&T phone?

So if you order from that Amazon link you get the 10% discount? Can you order any AT&T phone?

27 of 44 (3,561 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2011 7:35:01 AM
(0)
Tutor

I think Amazon has free 2 day shipping for all customers on wireless ... Do you guys know if they charge activation fees? Just trying to compare the pros and cons of ordering on Amazon vs directly from AT&T

I think Amazon has free 2 day shipping for all customers on wireless ... Do you guys know if they charge activation fees? Just trying to compare the pros and cons of ordering on Amazon vs directly from AT&T

28 of 44 (3,548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2011 9:13:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

Nvm they posted a deal and that actually answered the questions i had...

Nvm they posted a deal and that actually answered the questions i had...

29 of 44 (3,544 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2011 12:48:20 PM
(0)
Tutor

I'm still wondering about activation fee too

I'm still wondering about activation fee too

30 of 44 (3,540 Views)