Helpful Links

* * *AT&T REMOVES ANDROID APP RESTRICTIONS * * * 5/19 2011

Professor

* * *AT&T REMOVES ANDROID APP RESTRICTIONS * * * 5/19 2011

Finally!  You go!, Mamma Bell!

AT&T removes android applications restrictions  .  This CNN article refers to our very own ATT Wireless Forum , quoting some of you lucky dawgs comments regarding Amazon Appstore debut and how ATT would not allow us access. So the article says thanks goes actually to Amazon for pushing this change in policy. But Mama Bell, we still say thanks for losening the "choke hold" on us for so long.

android-in-jail-behind-bars.jpg

Message 1 of 22
Tutor

Re: * * *AT&T REMOVES ANDROID APP RESTRICTIONS * * * 5/19 2011

So when is this option coming to my Atrix?

Message 16 of 22
Scholar

Sideloading is coming to the Atrix this summer (possibly late June/July) along with the update to Gingerbread 2.3.3

Message 17 of 22
Professor

Theresva way to activate the EMList on the device that should get you to the unauthorized app setting. This works even on unrooted devices.
Message 18 of 22
Scholar

Any info on this in relation to the Streak? As I understood it, the 'fake' 2.2.2 update that came out over a month ago locked the phone down again. I don't have too much faith ATT will follow through on this, beyond basic public policy.

Message 19 of 22
Professor

Diagoro, you still on 2.2 despite the update?.... pm me, might be able to walk u thru accesding the unauth app setting
Message 20 of 22
Scholar

I haven't installed the recent update from ATT (icon still sits there). I heard it was primarily blot ware, so never bothered.....

Message 21 of 22
Highlighted
Professor

You are right. Dont bother with that update. A coworker proceeded and now hes got glitches galore. Do you have LauncherPro installed?
Message 22 of 22
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support