Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 23, 2011
2:18:06 AM
AT&T Phone
Edited by ajit_bce86 on Sep 23, 2011 at 2:20:17 AM

How r the at&t self made phones are better than other phone manufacturers...........

How r the at&t self made phones are better than other phone manufacturers...........

AT&T Phone

[ Edited ]
11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 2:47:58 AM
(0)
Professor
Hmmm that's a good question. and can I add to your post, is there a list of att self made phones?
Hmmm that's a good question. and can I add to your post, is there a list of att self made phones?
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

Re: AT&T Phone

2 of 12 (389 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 6:20:56 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by youngjm on Sep 23, 2011 at 6:21:49 AM

I did not know ATT made them?  I thought in most cases, ATT had HTC and other make them with the ATT brand.

As for being better, I do not think that is the case that they are better or worse, they are just options to choose from.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

I did not know ATT made them?  I thought in most cases, ATT had HTC and other make them with the ATT brand.

As for being better, I do not think that is the case that they are better or worse, they are just options to choose from.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

[ Edited ]
3 of 12 (378 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 1:03:16 PM
(0)
Professor
From experience I can say the HTC Tilt2 was not worth the 499. Especially how att and htc knew about thefreezing, choppy, unresponsive , sensor and other bugs that phone has and still they released it. The Tilt was better...
From experience I can say the HTC Tilt2 was not worth the 499. Especially how att and htc knew about thefreezing, choppy, unresponsive , sensor and other bugs that phone has and still they released it. The Tilt was better...

4 of 12 (363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 5:06:28 PM
(0)
Professor
Not that I know of. AT&T xyz brand phones are not made by AT&T, for example AT&T F160. They just sound like AT&T made phones.
Not that I know of. AT&T xyz brand phones are not made by AT&T, for example AT&T F160. They just sound like AT&T made phones.

5 of 12 (354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 1:50:31 PM
(0)
Professor

I don't think at&t has ever actually made a phone.  They have had other manufacturers make them (sometimes with a few changes from the manufacturer's lineup) and slapped thier names on them.  Some have been good phones, some not so good.  It depended on the manufacturer and model.

I don't think at&t has ever actually made a phone.  They have had other manufacturers make them (sometimes with a few changes from the manufacturer's lineup) and slapped thier names on them.  Some have been good phones, some not so good.  It depended on the manufacturer and model.

6 of 12 (323 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 4:03:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

can u provide me the proof related to your comment.............

7 of 12 (307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 4:21:26 AM
(0)
Professor

ajit_bce86 wrote:

You asking for proof that ATT does not manufacture their own devices but instead, tack their logos and bloat on devices produced  by manufacturers?

Right! Said Fred, is correct, and  you are probably holding such device now.  as far as i know too, Att never (or havent recently) manufactured their own cell phone devices.  They subsidize devices builted from manufactures such as  HTC, Samsung, Sony, motorola etc, sticking their logo and some apps onto the device, 'branding' the unit as an ATT network phone.

Do you have any info on an ATT-manufactured phone you can share?

ajit_bce86 wrote:

You asking for proof that ATT does not manufacture their own devices but instead, tack their logos and bloat on devices produced  by manufacturers?

Right! Said Fred, is correct, and  you are probably holding such device now.  as far as i know too, Att never (or havent recently) manufactured their own cell phone devices.  They subsidize devices builted from manufactures such as  HTC, Samsung, Sony, motorola etc, sticking their logo and some apps onto the device, 'branding' the unit as an ATT network phone.

Do you have any info on an ATT-manufactured phone you can share?

8 of 12 (302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 9:13:17 AM
(0)
Professor

I think the OP is talking about phones like the at&t Tilt, 8125, and 3125 (built by HTC), at&t Quickfire (built by UTStarcom) , at&t F160, Z221 and R225 (built by some company called ZTE), and others.  At&t might make a few cosmetic or other minor changes to make it a little different, but at&t did not manufacture the phone.

I think the OP is talking about phones like the at&t Tilt, 8125, and 3125 (built by HTC), at&t Quickfire (built by UTStarcom) , at&t F160, Z221 and R225 (built by some company called ZTE), and others.  At&t might make a few cosmetic or other minor changes to make it a little different, but at&t did not manufacture the phone.

9 of 12 (285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 9:25:15 AM
(0)
Professor
Fred, thats what belive too. Cool concept, and you woud think it is not a bad idea and give manfacturers a run for thier bids to ave their devices sold on att. But again, I wonder what customer costs would be when a carrier manufactured device is sold to the cust. Right? Said Fred?
Fred, thats what belive too. Cool concept, and you woud think it is not a bad idea and give manfacturers a run for thier bids to ave their devices sold on att. But again, I wonder what customer costs would be when a carrier manufactured device is sold to the cust. Right? Said Fred?

10 of 12 (281 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 1:53:20 PM
(0)
Professor

Said, Rico.  I guess it could be cheaper, but I doubt the savings would be passed on.  You could cut out the manufacturer's profit, but I doubt the manufacturer makes more than $20 or $30 per device anyway.  Maybe a little more on a few smartphones.  Not a lot of money, really, on the consumer side.  And at&t knows they will make a lot more on service than they will make on phones anyway.

Said, Rico.  I guess it could be cheaper, but I doubt the savings would be passed on.  You could cut out the manufacturer's profit, but I doubt the manufacturer makes more than $20 or $30 per device anyway.  Maybe a little more on a few smartphones.  Not a lot of money, really, on the consumer side.  And at&t knows they will make a lot more on service than they will make on phones anyway.

11 of 12 (234 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 1:57:24 PM
(0)
Professor
Right! Said Fred! That makes sense. Especially if they (att) purchace bulk handsets at a lesser rate per device, and get a cut from the manufacturer who, really are the ones needing to push their devices.. The cellular , I guess would rather let someone else do the manufacturing and they just rebrand as they go... I guess its good as is!
Right! Said Fred! That makes sense. Especially if they (att) purchace bulk handsets at a lesser rate per device, and get a cut from the manufacturer who, really are the ones needing to push their devices.. The cellular , I guess would rather let someone else do the manufacturing and they just rebrand as they go... I guess its good as is!

12 of 12 (232 Views)