AT&T PayGO - Sim card issue?

Contributor

AT&T PayGO - Sim card issue?

Hey guys,

Bought an PayGo SIM from eBay. Im coming over to US for two weeks, and needed a local sim for cheap calls etc.

I've activated SIM, and loaded around $20. Issue is that when I inserted sim card in my (iPhone 4/ Nokia) it kept saying ''No SIM/ No sim inserted''. But when I inserted my current sim in my iPhone, it worked just fine and used some seconds to recognize my sim.

Why is that? Doesnt PayGo have any coverage outside US/ in Europe? Im bit worried that it wouldn't work when I come over in couple of weeks.

Any suggestion, or how to sort this out?
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted

Re: AT&T PayGO - Sim card issue?

The reason is that GoPhone SIms are locked to the phones for 6 months. 

Yesterday I bought my gophone from Bestbuy and they activated it to some dumb throw away phone. I called 1-800-901-9878 and spoke to a nice lady who unlocked my sim so that I could use it in my HTC. She accepted my reasoning but I don't know that this is an accepted practice. I do know that for an Iphone, they won't do that because it is not an authorized AT&T phone but if you say it is for a an HTC Inspire 4g or something they probably will unlock the sim.

Issue: I had the phone that the gophone sim came in so they could unlock it. Not sure if they can do it for you.

Solution: when you arrive in the states many places sell go phones. I spent all of $5 for the throwaway phone/sim + 15 more to load it up at best buy.  

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support