AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

Tutor

AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

Almost some hope for those of us with the crappiest reception for our iPhones. The new AT&T Magazine related the "10 Reasons AT&T and your iPhone work best together." Reason No 3 is a iPhone app "Mark the Spot," however when you go there, there is no app. This app was supposed to help with "service issues sent directly to our network planning team who will further fine-tune the network."

 

Please, how dumb do you think we are. You have not, or will not do anything about service issues. I am bummed with the report that the Verizon iPhone will most certainly not happen. My final hope for a good iPhone is now "pie in the sky" hope by us desperate AT&T customers.

 

I loose and miss far more calls than receive, pretty hard to take in 2010. I have used cell phones from the very beginning back in the early 1990's. But I have worse reception now than I did in the beginning of those giant cell phones. Feel like I'm being held At&T iPhone hostage, because you apparently can :-( 

1,971 Views
Message 1 of 30
Expert

Re: AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)


JUSTLARRY wrote:

Almost some hope for those of us with the crappiest reception for our iPhones. The new AT&T Magazine related the "10 Reasons AT&T and your iPhone work best together." Reason No 3 is a iPhone app "Mark the Spot," however when you go there, there is no app. This app was supposed to help with "service issues sent directly to our network planning team who will further fine-tune the network."

 

Please, how dumb do you think we are. You have not, or will not do anything about service issues. I am bummed with the report that the Verizon iPhone will most certainly not happen. My final hope for a good iPhone is now "pie in the sky" hope by us desperate AT&T customers.

 

I loose and miss far more calls than receive, pretty hard to take in 2010. I have used cell phones from the very beginning back in the early 1990's. But I have worse reception now than I did in the beginning of those giant cell phones. Feel like I'm being held At&T iPhone hostage, because you apparently can :-( 


the app is available in the app store have had it on my iphone since I got the phone.

Message 2 of 30
ACE - Master

Re: AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

I'm not quite sure where you are coming from.  I have the "Mark The Spot" application and have for some time.  I have even used it to report issues.  Since using it, I have seen some improvements in the service in teh area where the reports were submitted.  If that is in any way related to my reports, I can not say, but since service has improved in the areas where I have submitted reports, I am happy.

 

The app even lists national network news so I can see that the users who live in the Chicago area around Wrigley Field that were constantly complaining about not being able to use their phones during a ball game might also have gotten some improvements as there are reports that changes have been made in that area too.  It seems to me that any way to report serive issues to AT&T is a good thing as they tend to address the areas which have the most reported issues.  If I use the ap to help get my issues heard, that is better for me...


Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 30
Professor

Re: AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

"Mark The Spot" app is no longer available...
Message 4 of 30
Expert

Re: AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)


300k wrote:
"Mark The Spot" app is no longer available...

interesting, just got a update for it about a week - 10 days ago.

Message 5 of 30
Contributor

Re: AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

after reading the ATT magazine that came yesterday I just tried to find the "Mark the Spot"  and it's not available.... what gives ATT..... Venice Beach REALLY needs better service.....

Message 6 of 30
Scholar

Re: AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

It's in my iTunes store.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/at-t-mywireless-mobile/id309172177?mt=8

 

I've used it a bunch of times to report issues.

Message 7 of 30

Re: AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

That brings to mind an interesting question:

 

If AT&T is the only valid carrier, in the US, for the iPhone, why don't the phones that are sold in the US already have that app installed?

 

The US already has a different installation "image" for the iPhone, so including the app as part of that image shouldn't be all that difficult.

 

Oversight maybe?

Message 8 of 30

Re: AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

 


TerriZeee wrote:

It's in my iTunes store.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/at-t-mywireless-mobile/id309172177?mt=8

 

I've used it a bunch of times to report issues.


My Wireless Mobile (the application you linked) and Mark The Spot are two different applications. I have both installed.  I find it odd that even though I have Mark The Spot installed I can't find it in the app store.  My guess is that they are working on a new version and don't want anyone downloading the old version, but I don't have any way of telling.

 

Message 9 of 30
ACE - Master

Re: AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

 


archermoo wrote:

 My Wireless Mobile (the application you linked) and Mark The Spot are two different applications. I have both installed.  I find it odd that even though I have Mark The Spot installed I can't find it in the app store.  My guess is that they are working on a new version and don't want anyone downloading the old version, but I don't have any way of telling.

 


I also have both apps installed.  In fact, just yesterday (Sun, 09/26/2010) I downloaded teh update to version 2.0.2 of the "Mark The Spot" app.  It probably came out some time in the last week.  I don't know if it's still in the app store or not, but it's only been just over 24 hours since I downloaded my last update to it.

 


Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 30
Expert

Re: AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)


DimentoGraven wrote:

That brings to mind an interesting question:

 

If AT&T is the only valid carrier, in the US, for the iPhone, why don't the phones that are sold in the US already have that app installed?

 

The US already has a different installation "image" for the iPhone, so including the app as part of that image shouldn't be all that difficult.

 

Oversight maybe?


If you notice - there is NO ATT specific app (not even ATT navigator or myWireless) installed on the Iphone - since the uprade to the OS pushes directly from Apple and does not pass through ATT's hands at all.

 

Oversight - doubt it, ask Apple why it isn't there

Message 11 of 30
Scholar

Re: AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

 


archermoo wrote:

 


TerriZeee wrote:

It's in my iTunes store.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/at-t-mywireless-mobile/id309172177?mt=8

 

I've used it a bunch of times to report issues.


My Wireless Mobile (the application you linked) and Mark The Spot are two different applications. I have both installed.  I find it odd that even though I have Mark The Spot installed I can't find it in the app store.  My guess is that they are working on a new version and don't want anyone downloading the old version, but I don't have any way of telling.

 


 

Wow you are right. 

 

I actually got that link by clicking on the Mark The Spot app in my iTunes and didn't catch that it wasn't actually taking me to the Mark The Spot app until after I posted.

 

I'm guessing that it's a mistake or something that it isn't there.

Message 12 of 30

Re: AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

The AT&T specific apps are available via the App Store, I don't quite follow you as to why Apple wouldn't include the myWireless and Mark the Spot apps (at the very least) as part of the US install image for iPhone.

 

All the other "apps" that are on an "out of the box" iPhone are just that, "apps", they just happen to be direct from Apple and at least a few them can't be "uninstalled" only "hidden", but beyond that, those various apps, Clock, Stocks, notes, etc., aren't required for the phone to function, so it's not like they're limiting out of the box functionality to only that which is required make the phone work...

 

Plus any out of the box apps that get updates would automatically be updated when the phone downloads its first update, and it doesn't seem all that much more of an issue to have the phone run through an App Store update upon activation (in fact I thought it did, but it's been a while so I might be mis-remembering).

 

It's just odd, this seems like such a "no brainer" and a big "low hanging fruit" to embelish the functionality of the "out of the box" iPhone like that.

 

Ultimately it's no big deal (except when the apps aren't easily found apparently Mark the Spot has become), I just found it curious.

Message 13 of 30
Scholar

Re: AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

It really sucks when I go and look at my reports that I have filed a year ago and says that we should expect a new tower up in the next 60-90 days, and nothing has gone up. This was December 2009... nothing has improved in my area. Mark the spot is crap, they don't follow thru with there promises. After 90 days I report the issue, and I get the same d a m n message that says The area will get a new tower within the next 60-90 days.

Message 14 of 30
Tutor

Re: AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

NOT ANY LONGER, CHECK IT OUT

Message 15 of 30
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support