AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

Tutor

AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

Almost some hope for those of us with the crappiest reception for our iPhones. The new AT&T Magazine related the "10 Reasons AT&T and your iPhone work best together." Reason No 3 is a iPhone app "Mark the Spot," however when you go there, there is no app. This app was supposed to help with "service issues sent directly to our network planning team who will further fine-tune the network."

Please, how dumb do you think we are. You have not, or will not do anything about service issues. I am bummed with the report that the Verizon iPhone will most certainly not happen. My final hope for a good iPhone is now "pie in the sky" hope by us desperate AT&T customers.

I loose and miss far more calls than receive, pretty hard to take in 2010. I have used cell phones from the very beginning back in the early 1990's. But I have worse reception now than I did in the beginning of those giant cell phones. Feel like I'm being held At&T iPhone hostage, because you apparently can :-( 

Message 1 of 30 (1,955 Views)
Tutor

Re: AT&T Magazine has a "Mark The Spot" app for the iPhone (Not)

Not available now in app store, doubt it's because they are working on an update (that would be too practical), probably tired of complaints. Has anyone, i mean anyone had lack of service corrected? For sure, the CDMA iPhone is coming, just not going to be Verizon, more likely T-Mobil or Sprint (which both have worse reception than AT&T). :-( 

Message 16 of 30 (876 Views)
Guru

I though the CDMA iPhone was manufactured to be released in China.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 30 (868 Views)
Expert

JUSTLARRY wrote:

Not available now in app store, doubt it's because they are working on an update (that would be too practical), probably tired of complaints. Has anyone, i mean anyone had lack of service corrected? For sure, the CDMA iPhone is coming, just not going to be Verizon, more likely T-Mobil or Sprint (which both have worse reception than AT&T). :-( 

don;t hold your breath, chances are at least 2 years.

Would believe more it was abused by people for false reports then complaints.

Message 18 of 30 (862 Views)
Tutor

It's in final testing stage right now, will be available by January 2011, not sure to which carriers will be chosen, just know that Verizon has cut off it's own foot (will not be one of the selected carriers). The CDMA Markets are gigantic, Europe, China, India and parts of S. America (all basically untouched by Apple's iPhone).

Message 19 of 30 (859 Views)
Guru

Sprint and Verizon are the only national CDMA providers in the US. T-Mo is GSM like AT&T. I can't imagine why Apple would make an iPhone for Sprint. Doesn't seem worth the cost.
Message 20 of 30 (837 Views)
Scholar

davidusr wrote:
Sprint and Verizon are the only national CDMA providers in the US. T-Mo is GSM like AT&T. I can't imagine why Apple would make an iPhone for Sprint. Doesn't seem worth the cost.

I don't believe they will. Everyone has been saying since the fist iPhone that they will eventually make a CDMA version, and it hasn't yet. If they were gonna do anything, why not just make it work on T-Mobile if anything and they want have to change much at all.

Message 21 of 30 (1,167 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Most because they need to keep the new iPhone plant in China busy, it is a massive undertaking including { Uncalled for comment removed } . Most likely, no more exclusive contracts like the past 3 years with AT&T (they failed to live up to at least half their promises for service and innovation). 

Message 22 of 30 (1,163 Views)
Expert

JUSTLARRY wrote:

Most because they need to keep the new iPhone plant in China busy, it is a massive undertaking including { Uncalled for comment removed } . Most likely, no more exclusive contracts like the past 3 years with AT&T (they failed to live up to at least half their promises for service and innovation). 

then why are you still with them if you are so unhappy?

Exclusive contracts are the bread and butter of the mobile provider industry - don;t expect them to go away, when and if they do you will probably be paying full retail for a phone since the providers will have no incentvie to subsidize. Don;t hold your breath

Message 23 of 30 (1,118 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

JUSTLARRY wrote:

It's in final testing stage right now, will be available by January 2011, not sure to which carriers will be chosen, just know that Verizon has cut off it's own foot (will not be one of the selected carriers). The CDMA Markets are gigantic, Europe, China, India and parts of S. America (all basically untouched by Apple's iPhone).

you might want to review some other posts that have links to statements made by Verizon that there is no verizon iphone for the foreseeable future. Sprint is to small to support the iphone and they are concentrating on their lte network. Apple Iphone in Europe is not cdma, I believe the only cdma iphone is in china and there is nothing int eh fcc databases to indicate they are trying to get it approved. BTW "CDMA also is used by Sprint Nextel and by a handful of operators in other countries, including South Korea and Japan. Most carriers, including AT&T, use the technology that is in the iPhone now, called GSM."

So you don;t have to make the effort, fresh news on the verizon iphone - just 8 days old and by a verizon executive

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2010/09/23/a-verizon-iphone-eternal-wait-brings-frustration-rumors/

Message 24 of 30 (1,116 Views)

Do you think that there will be an LTE version of iPhone that will work with any carrier using the technology?

Is Verizon's implementation of 4G LTE based?

Message 25 of 30 (1,108 Views)
Expert

DimentoGraven wrote:

Do you think that there will be an LTE version of iPhone that will work with any carrier using the technology?

Is Verizon's implementation of 4G LTE based?

not privy to any marketing or engineering plans that apple has in the making, that would be considered corproate confidential and neither myself nor any marketing sales weasel that writes a column has a need to know.

If they bring one out - so what, my home location is the pits for verizon coverage, so neither myself, my family nor my business will ever have a use for a verizon based phone in the home area.  Thing to remember - Steve Jobs has a long memory when it comes to holding a grudge (one of the few things I admire in him), verizon angered him with their recent commercials on the android, even the verizon executives state that they need to earn the iphone, so speculation would be - not for a long, long time

Message 26 of 30 (1,086 Views)
Tutor

So what are you some AT&T fan, I'm with AT&T because of the iPhone only being with them, I am an iPhone fan (I go where I have to go). The new china iPhone plant alone will be making 200,000 iPhones a day, 73 million a year. Where do you think all these iPhones are going to be sold (In Canada, S. America, China, India & of course the U.S..

Don't you be spreading old news, the CDMA phone is out there right now being tested, will be ready January 2011...

Message 27 of 30 (1,076 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

JUSTLARRY wrote:

So what are you some AT&T fan, I'm with AT&T because of the iPhone only being with them, I am an iPhone fan (I go where I have to go). The new china iPhone plant alone will be making 200,000 iPhones a day, 73 million a year. Where do you think all these iPhones are going to be sold (In Canada, S. America, China, India & of course the U.S..

Don't you be spreading old news, the CDMA phone is out there right now being tested, will be ready January 2011...

{Please keep it courteous} You came to a phone company, for a phone. In that transfer you were willing to deal with bad service {Please keep it courteous} Now you cry and complain because of something you don't like with AT&T. Go back to VZW and buy a Droid. Then wait and see how many more years VZW keeps getting the iPhone...LOL

Message 28 of 30 (1,070 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

JUSTLARRY wrote:

really? the cdma phone is out there already? Care to supply validatable proof, or are you just reading the marketing weasel's comments? Considering Verizon's own executive;s have already supplied proof that there is no iphone coming to verizon soon. By the way - do the research - cdma is not a major player in the mobile world

http://blogote.com/2010/cell-phones/comparing-cdma-gsm-phones.html

this one points at the simple fact that your claim for cdma phones may be feasible, but the target country is China, which is one of the larger remaining CDMA users in the world

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/pegatron_said_to_be_building_cdma_iphones/?utm_campaign=short...

Message 29 of 30 (1,020 Views)
Highlighted

It wasn't too long after the iPhone was released that China had a "knock off" CDMA/GSM version anyway, so it isn't actually all that unrealistic that Apple would try and recapture some of that market.

Message 30 of 30 (991 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.