Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 7, 2011
5:59:39 PM
View profile
AT&T Iphone 4s shipping problems

Anyone else finding AT&T to be very frustrating with trying to upgrade to an iPhone 4s? You would think that when they are trying to lock you in to a new 2 yr agreement they would be more accommodating.

This morning after waiting on hold for a half hour I think spoke with a rep for 45 minutes and they confirmed that they would be able to ship my iPhone 4s to an address different from the one on my family billing account.  They asked me for this new address multiple times and I thought everything was fine. Then tonight I get the Terms and Conditions email and when I go to accept it says its being shipping to the billing account address. So I call AT&T yet again and this rep doesn't even see the other address anywhere. This is so insanely frustrating because if I just wanted it shipped to the billing address I would have just ordered online and not wasted now 2 hours today on the phone to get it shipped elsewhere. 

Anyway now they are supposed to let me know what happened but at this point I'm just so fed up that I'm probably just going to end up switching to Verizon. 

Anyone else finding AT&T to be very frustrating with trying to upgrade to an iPhone 4s? You would think that when they are trying to lock you in to a new 2 yr agreement they would be more accommodating.

This morning after waiting on hold for a half hour I think spoke with a rep for 45 minutes and they confirmed that they would be able to ship my iPhone 4s to an address different from the one on my family billing account.  They asked me for this new address multiple times and I thought everything was fine. Then tonight I get the Terms and Conditions email and when I go to accept it says its being shipping to the billing account address. So I call AT&T yet again and this rep doesn't even see the other address anywhere. This is so insanely frustrating because if I just wanted it shipped to the billing address I would have just ordered online and not wasted now 2 hours today on the phone to get it shipped elsewhere. 

Anyway now they are supposed to let me know what happened but at this point I'm just so fed up that I'm probably just going to end up switching to Verizon. 

AT&T Iphone 4s shipping problems

29 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(29)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 6:16:37 PM
(0)
Scholar

If you want to be locked into slower EV-DO and no simultaneous data & talk with Verizon, ok.

If you want to be locked into slower EV-DO and no simultaneous data & talk with Verizon, ok.

Re: AT&T Iphone 4s shipping problems

2 of 30 (13,644 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 9:30:34 PM
(0)
Guru

I ordered my 4S from Apple, but I had no problems specifying a different address (my work address at the time) when I pre-ordered the iPhone 4.

I ordered my 4S from Apple, but I had no problems specifying a different address (my work address at the time) when I pre-ordered the iPhone 4.

3 of 30 (13,423 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 12:56:37 PM
(0)
Teacher

ou think yours was bad? this happened to me 3 times and could still be a problem.

The first time I called it took about an hour to order and explain I wanted the shipping address to be my address and not my moms, the service lady was not even sure it was possible but in the end confirmed it was. I got my order conformation and it was to my moms address.

I called back 15mins later and the new lady had to cancel the old and retake the order. It took about an hour total for this second order.

On sunday I finally have internet access again and I go to check and just as I had thought I look at my terms of service agreement to confirm and it is still set to ship to the wrong address.

So I call again and explain I want to talk to a manager because it doesn’t seem like they can enter the right address. The service lady assures me she will fix it and stay on the phone to confirm that it gets set to ship to the right place. We go through the hour long process of cancel and reorder. I check my email on while on the phone to make sure the shipping is right and once again it is wrong. The service lady spends about 30mins trying to figure out whats wrong and then tells me when it ships the shipping address should be correct once it ships if not to call back.

Today I get a att order status and it says my iphone will ship in 21-28 days... and that is if it even ships to the right address...

What was supposta be a faster and painless process of pre ordering has turned into about 4 hours wasted on the phone and a atleast 18 day delay on getting the new phone. On top of that there are 3 charges on my debit card for the amount of 233 that went through with none of them canceled.

Honestly this is BBS any ideas of what I should do? at this point I am about to just go to a best buy or apple store and get it in person and let att deal with the returned phone they shipped.  

edit:

ou think yours was bad? this happened to me 3 times and could still be a problem.

The first time I called it took about an hour to order and explain I wanted the shipping address to be my address and not my moms, the service lady was not even sure it was possible but in the end confirmed it was. I got my order conformation and it was to my moms address.

I called back 15mins later and the new lady had to cancel the old and retake the order. It took about an hour total for this second order.

On sunday I finally have internet access again and I go to check and just as I had thought I look at my terms of service agreement to confirm and it is still set to ship to the wrong address.

So I call again and explain I want to talk to a manager because it doesn’t seem like they can enter the right address. The service lady assures me she will fix it and stay on the phone to confirm that it gets set to ship to the right place. We go through the hour long process of cancel and reorder. I check my email on while on the phone to make sure the shipping is right and once again it is wrong. The service lady spends about 30mins trying to figure out whats wrong and then tells me when it ships the shipping address should be correct once it ships if not to call back.

Today I get a att order status and it says my iphone will ship in 21-28 days... and that is if it even ships to the right address...

What was supposta be a faster and painless process of pre ordering has turned into about 4 hours wasted on the phone and a atleast 18 day delay on getting the new phone. On top of that there are 3 charges on my debit card for the amount of 233 that went through with none of them canceled.

Honestly this is BBS any ideas of what I should do? at this point I am about to just go to a best buy or apple store and get it in person and let att deal with the returned phone they shipped.  

edit:

4 of 30 (12,278 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 2:49:24 PM
(0)
Explorer

FWIW, I went to an AT&T store to order the upgrade and the rep had no trouble putting in an alternate shipping address. It was printed on the receipt so I know it was handled right.

FWIW, I went to an AT&T store to order the upgrade and the rep had no trouble putting in an alternate shipping address. It was printed on the receipt so I know it was handled right.

5 of 30 (12,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 5:57:24 AM
(0)
Contributor

It looks like AT&T is starting to ship iPhone 4S to those that ordered online, see:

http://blog.3gstore.com/2011/10/iphone-4s-shipping-from-at.html

It looks like AT&T is starting to ship iPhone 4S to those that ordered online, see:

http://blog.3gstore.com/2011/10/iphone-4s-shipping-from-at.html

6 of 30 (9,597 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 8:43:56 AM
(0)
Contributor
What time did you place your order on Friday? I placed mine at 6:00 am and it still shows processing.
What time did you place your order on Friday? I placed mine at 6:00 am and it still shows processing.

7 of 30 (9,243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 11:16:19 AM
(0)
Contributor

I "pre-ordered" mine on the 7th before noon over the phone & was told it had a 10/14 delivery date - On Tuesday I was unable to locate my order info online so i called & spoke with a rep that confirmed they saw it in their system & again confirmed the 10/14 delivery date - today I checked the site &  the phone number they provided in the email & still nothing - spoke to a rep and was told my order showed  it came in today & it was processing the estimated delivery time was 21 to 28 days - I cancelled my order - this "pre-order" was a joke and a waste of time

I "pre-ordered" mine on the 7th before noon over the phone & was told it had a 10/14 delivery date - On Tuesday I was unable to locate my order info online so i called & spoke with a rep that confirmed they saw it in their system & again confirmed the 10/14 delivery date - today I checked the site &  the phone number they provided in the email & still nothing - spoke to a rep and was told my order showed  it came in today & it was processing the estimated delivery time was 21 to 28 days - I cancelled my order - this "pre-order" was a joke and a waste of time

8 of 30 (8,833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 11:26:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

Wait we can still cancel? I was told we couldn't.... At this point I'd rather just try my luck waiting on line at an Apple store Friday morning.

Wait we can still cancel? I was told we couldn't.... At this point I'd rather just try my luck waiting on line at an Apple store Friday morning.

9 of 30 (8,793 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 11:39:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

OK all for a follow up, I just got off the phone with a very nice rep from AT&T. Shipping to a different address other than your billing one is possible, she confirmed mine was going to the right place. She also said everyone getting their phones on Friday should have a tracking number e-mailed to them by the end of the day tomorrow. And finally, she said everyone who pre-ordered by the 5 p.m. on Oct 7th will get their phone this Friday.

OK all for a follow up, I just got off the phone with a very nice rep from AT&T. Shipping to a different address other than your billing one is possible, she confirmed mine was going to the right place. She also said everyone getting their phones on Friday should have a tracking number e-mailed to them by the end of the day tomorrow. And finally, she said everyone who pre-ordered by the 5 p.m. on Oct 7th will get their phone this Friday.

10 of 30 (8,718 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 11:45:27 AM
(0)
Teacher
Do you know what time zone the rep was talking about? I ordered mine at 4:15pm PST and my order status is showing "backordered"
Do you know what time zone the rep was talking about? I ordered mine at 4:15pm PST and my order status is showing "backordered"

11 of 30 (3,786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 11:52:31 AM
(0)
Tutor
Beleive she was referring to EST unfortunately
Beleive she was referring to EST unfortunately

12 of 30 (3,765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 11:53:19 AM
(0)
Teacher
aww shucks! thanks for the information though Smiley Happy
aww shucks! thanks for the information though Smiley Happy

13 of 30 (3,760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 12:03:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have the same problem. I pre-ordered four iphone 4s on the AT&T premier online store. Got four confirmation emails containing a pretty old (the one two years ago) address in the "subscriber" column. 

Today I just got shipping notification email said it would be delivered to my current address. Just to make sure, I chat online with an premier online store agent (logging--check upgrade option-choose your own number--skip the iphone 4s ad and go to the wireless online store, the online chat box is on the right side of the page), but she told me all the orders will be delivered to the old address. 

Shocked.

Go back to my account overview, and click the link "my orders" on the lower right corner of the page, then I can see all the four orders associated with this account. There's also a online chat box, which I think connects more helpful and smarter agents. Chatted with a guy, he told me all the orders would go to my current address, exactly same as what  indicated in the shipping notification email. 

I believe that the two system, the account system and the online store system, are different since they assign different order numbers to each order respectively.  When I chatted with the guy from "my orders", they don't recognize the order number from the online store. They need the order number shown in the list under the tab "my orders".

I have the same problem. I pre-ordered four iphone 4s on the AT&T premier online store. Got four confirmation emails containing a pretty old (the one two years ago) address in the "subscriber" column. 

Today I just got shipping notification email said it would be delivered to my current address. Just to make sure, I chat online with an premier online store agent (logging--check upgrade option-choose your own number--skip the iphone 4s ad and go to the wireless online store, the online chat box is on the right side of the page), but she told me all the orders will be delivered to the old address. 

Shocked.

Go back to my account overview, and click the link "my orders" on the lower right corner of the page, then I can see all the four orders associated with this account. There's also a online chat box, which I think connects more helpful and smarter agents. Chatted with a guy, he told me all the orders would go to my current address, exactly same as what  indicated in the shipping notification email. 

I believe that the two system, the account system and the online store system, are different since they assign different order numbers to each order respectively.  When I chatted with the guy from "my orders", they don't recognize the order number from the online store. They need the order number shown in the list under the tab "my orders".

14 of 30 (3,735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 12:09:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

That seems like its probably right, i can't confirm though because i have never been able to check my order status online. Whenever I go to check under my orders it says no order has been placed and to check back in 24 hours. I brought this up when i called too and the rep just said that this was normal and a lot of people wouldn't be able to track their orders until they ship so we'll see.

That seems like its probably right, i can't confirm though because i have never been able to check my order status online. Whenever I go to check under my orders it says no order has been placed and to check back in 24 hours. I brought this up when i called too and the rep just said that this was normal and a lot of people wouldn't be able to track their orders until they ship so we'll see.

15 of 30 (3,721 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 12:20:40 PM
(0)
Scholar

ap613 wrote:

She also said everyone getting their phones on Friday should have a tracking number e-mailed to them by the end of the day tomorrow. And finally, she said everyone who pre-ordered by the 5 p.m. on Oct 7th will get their phone this Friday.

Good to know. Now that I know both my iPhones are arriving at launch, I'm taking Friday off (doing a complex upgrade so still need to go to AT&T corporate to get all the lines sorted out).

ap613 wrote:

She also said everyone getting their phones on Friday should have a tracking number e-mailed to them by the end of the day tomorrow. And finally, she said everyone who pre-ordered by the 5 p.m. on Oct 7th will get their phone this Friday.

Good to know. Now that I know both my iPhones are arriving at launch, I'm taking Friday off (doing a complex upgrade so still need to go to AT&T corporate to get all the lines sorted out).

16 of 30 (3,688 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 6:37:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

This is a case of ATT false advertising. They said the iphones would arrive on October 14th if you pre ordered.

I was on the phone for an hour today trying to get answers. I was so fed up, I almost cancelled my order.

IF you got a message to check the fedex shipment - and it says it was shipped - THAT IS A LIE.

Apparently that only means that the order was processed by ATT, it is not acurate as a fedex shipping confirmation.

I was told that my ship date says 10/9, and actually the phone might not even ship until 10/14.

OR, it might actually arrive - THEY DO NOT KNOW OR HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT WHEN THE PHONES WILL SHIP. THE INFO ABOUT SHIPPING ON YOUR ONLINE ORDER PAGE CAN NOT BE RELIED UPON

This whole thing is a mess !

I could have gone to the apple store on the 14th and picked up a phone in the store the morning of the 14th.

SO FED UP with ATT, and the service reps are horrible.

I finally asked to be put through to a supervisor - she gave me the answers....no apologies though. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

If the phone does not arrive on the 14th I may cancel and go with Verizon or Sprint

This is a case of ATT false advertising. They said the iphones would arrive on October 14th if you pre ordered.

I was on the phone for an hour today trying to get answers. I was so fed up, I almost cancelled my order.

IF you got a message to check the fedex shipment - and it says it was shipped - THAT IS A LIE.

Apparently that only means that the order was processed by ATT, it is not acurate as a fedex shipping confirmation.

I was told that my ship date says 10/9, and actually the phone might not even ship until 10/14.

OR, it might actually arrive - THEY DO NOT KNOW OR HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT WHEN THE PHONES WILL SHIP. THE INFO ABOUT SHIPPING ON YOUR ONLINE ORDER PAGE CAN NOT BE RELIED UPON

This whole thing is a mess !

I could have gone to the apple store on the 14th and picked up a phone in the store the morning of the 14th.

SO FED UP with ATT, and the service reps are horrible.

I finally asked to be put through to a supervisor - she gave me the answers....no apologies though. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

If the phone does not arrive on the 14th I may cancel and go with Verizon or Sprint

17 of 30 (3,488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 11:01:46 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by benjitek on Oct 12, 2011 at 11:03:30 PM

...pre-ordering is like that.  There's a finite number of devices available for receiving on launch day -- once that supply has run out, shipments are filled in the order received.  What's to complain about?  Switch carriers, you'll find it's the same -- common sense really.

I think you'll find that AT&T has plenty of customers, they won't really notice if you leave -- but go ahead, you can at least feel like you're 'punishing' them, maybe that'll help give you some sort of closure, at least until the next time you pre-order something Smiley Wink

...pre-ordering is like that.  There's a finite number of devices available for receiving on launch day -- once that supply has run out, shipments are filled in the order received.  What's to complain about?  Switch carriers, you'll find it's the same -- common sense really.

I think you'll find that AT&T has plenty of customers, they won't really notice if you leave -- but go ahead, you can at least feel like you're 'punishing' them, maybe that'll help give you some sort of closure, at least until the next time you pre-order something Smiley Wink

[ Edited ]
18 of 30 (3,363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 8:51:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

Aires is 100% correct.

This IS false advertising on ATT's part. Please don’t make excuses such as "well... they only get a finite number, blah, blah, blah".... yes, that may be true, but if this is the case (and i assume ATT knows this is the case) then don’t make promises that you will do something that you cannot do.

I too pre-ordered under the belief that i would get mine the 14th. I ordered at 12pm est on the 7th and still have no updates on tracking, shipment, availability, et cetera... i have called the local corp store as well as the enterprise number and keep getting the same lame answers. oh, and while we are pointing out ATT lies, the statement by them that "anyone who ordered before 4pm on the 7th would get theirs on the 14th" is not true either  (cust srvce rep told me this and i still haven't received anything re shipping yet).

All i will say is that i am glad that the iphone is not exclusive to ATT any more and if they keep pulling these PR nightmares then they can expect to continue in the trend of losing business to other carriers. Remember how big of a-holes sprint was 15 years ago when they had a stranglehold on "camera phones"? well, their acting like clowns caught up to them and now they are trying their hardest to crawl out of the cellar. ATT is heading down the exact same road.

You know, i would expect this kind of opening day confusion for verizon or sprint since they are new or relatively new to the iphone, however with ATT this is not acceptable.  This is ATT's 5th iphone launch... they should have figured it out by now. the fact is, is that ATT would rather let their customers wait and be disappointed than risk the possibility of having too much inventory.

Keep up the lameness ATT...

Aires is 100% correct.

This IS false advertising on ATT's part. Please don’t make excuses such as "well... they only get a finite number, blah, blah, blah".... yes, that may be true, but if this is the case (and i assume ATT knows this is the case) then don’t make promises that you will do something that you cannot do.

I too pre-ordered under the belief that i would get mine the 14th. I ordered at 12pm est on the 7th and still have no updates on tracking, shipment, availability, et cetera... i have called the local corp store as well as the enterprise number and keep getting the same lame answers. oh, and while we are pointing out ATT lies, the statement by them that "anyone who ordered before 4pm on the 7th would get theirs on the 14th" is not true either  (cust srvce rep told me this and i still haven't received anything re shipping yet).

All i will say is that i am glad that the iphone is not exclusive to ATT any more and if they keep pulling these PR nightmares then they can expect to continue in the trend of losing business to other carriers. Remember how big of a-holes sprint was 15 years ago when they had a stranglehold on "camera phones"? well, their acting like clowns caught up to them and now they are trying their hardest to crawl out of the cellar. ATT is heading down the exact same road.

You know, i would expect this kind of opening day confusion for verizon or sprint since they are new or relatively new to the iphone, however with ATT this is not acceptable.  This is ATT's 5th iphone launch... they should have figured it out by now. the fact is, is that ATT would rather let their customers wait and be disappointed than risk the possibility of having too much inventory.

Keep up the lameness ATT...

19 of 30 (3,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 1:18:00 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by benjitek on Oct 13, 2011 at 1:20:33 PM

Maybe you can use some of your time to step outdoors, take a brisk walk -- cook something from a recipe.

It seems to be just a tad too important to you that your device arrive tomorrow.  It may or may not happen.  I ordered mine around 9pm PDT on 10/7.  I called it in as I ran into issues with both the Apple and AT&T ordering web sites.  My contract is up on 12/31.  Apple said no-way to and early upgrade at full discount, but AT&T went ahead and did it.  They said it would be a 2-3 week delay as I'd missed the pre-ordering supply.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive the email this morning with my tracking number for delivery tomorrow.  It's in Texas now Smiley Surprised

Maybe you can use some of your time to step outdoors, take a brisk walk -- cook something from a recipe.

It seems to be just a tad too important to you that your device arrive tomorrow.  It may or may not happen.  I ordered mine around 9pm PDT on 10/7.  I called it in as I ran into issues with both the Apple and AT&T ordering web sites.  My contract is up on 12/31.  Apple said no-way to and early upgrade at full discount, but AT&T went ahead and did it.  They said it would be a 2-3 week delay as I'd missed the pre-ordering supply.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive the email this morning with my tracking number for delivery tomorrow.  It's in Texas now Smiley Surprised

[ Edited ]
20 of 30 (3,018 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 2:36:22 PM
(0)
Mentor

I am glad you got that response. I however did not get the same reponse. I ordered mine on Friday Oct 7th @ 11:34am CA time. I am still on backorder and was told it sould be two more weeks. So much for Pre Order. 

I am glad you got that response. I however did not get the same reponse. I ordered mine on Friday Oct 7th @ 11:34am CA time. I am still on backorder and was told it sould be two more weeks. So much for Pre Order. 

21 of 30 (3,818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 2:40:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

So can we cancel? My order at 8am on the 7th over the phone apparently was not early enough for the competent CSR to proccess the order before the 11th. Nothing like pre-ordering to wait 21-28 days.

So can we cancel? My order at 8am on the 7th over the phone apparently was not early enough for the competent CSR to proccess the order before the 11th. Nothing like pre-ordering to wait 21-28 days.

22 of 30 (3,811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 4:32:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am ready to cancel AT&T over this.  I called in at 7 am on the 7th, and my iPhone 4S has not shipped yet.  Every time I call I get a different story.  I spent over a half an hour on the phone this afternoon (not my first call) and first I was told that it would be 21-28 days from the 7th, then when I spoke with a supervisor told that equipment was set aside for me, and then when he made a call to find out more I was informed there was NOT equipment set aside for me.

I accepted my T&C's as soon as I got them so needless to say, I'm a tad upset, given I know people who ordered later who are getting phones tomorrow.  I've decided to either give up on it all together or if I get tired of waiting just switch carriers and return the phone.  I was ready to cancel over the website telling me I could not keep my unlimited data plan, but decided to call in and give one more chance, but this is terrible customer service. I cannot even see my iPhone status online (and AT&T is supposed to be a technology company ....)

I am ready to cancel AT&T over this.  I called in at 7 am on the 7th, and my iPhone 4S has not shipped yet.  Every time I call I get a different story.  I spent over a half an hour on the phone this afternoon (not my first call) and first I was told that it would be 21-28 days from the 7th, then when I spoke with a supervisor told that equipment was set aside for me, and then when he made a call to find out more I was informed there was NOT equipment set aside for me.

I accepted my T&C's as soon as I got them so needless to say, I'm a tad upset, given I know people who ordered later who are getting phones tomorrow.  I've decided to either give up on it all together or if I get tired of waiting just switch carriers and return the phone.  I was ready to cancel over the website telling me I could not keep my unlimited data plan, but decided to call in and give one more chance, but this is terrible customer service. I cannot even see my iPhone status online (and AT&T is supposed to be a technology company ....)

23 of 30 (3,721 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 11:41:15 PM
(0)
Scholar
I'm sure AT&T will be sorry to see you go -- good luck with your new carrier!
I'm sure AT&T will be sorry to see you go -- good luck with your new carrier!

24 of 30 (3,544 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 5:09:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

Okay I'm mad now.  We went to the AT&T store and pre-ordered the last Friday afternoon and they didn't say a word to us about it possibly being backordered.  We were told it would be delivered today.  When I lookup the status of our order, it shows it's on backorder with no tracking # or any other information. 

Okay I'm mad now.  We went to the AT&T store and pre-ordered the last Friday afternoon and they didn't say a word to us about it possibly being backordered.  We were told it would be delivered today.  When I lookup the status of our order, it shows it's on backorder with no tracking # or any other information. 

25 of 30 (3,458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 6:04:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

I received my tracking information at 11:45 pm last night and it will be here today by 3 pm so hope is not lost everyone.

I received my tracking information at 11:45 pm last night and it will be here today by 3 pm so hope is not lost everyone.

26 of 30 (3,393 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 3:02:42 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am so frustrated..... Ordered my iphone on October 7th before noon at the ATT store.  Was told I would receive it on the 14th. Shipping information off the ATT site has said pending shipment since October 7th.  I have checked it daily since the 7th and it still says pending shipment.  I called at 2:38AM October 14th to inquire about status and was told the phone was backordered and I would get it in 14 to 21 days.  I was furious.  I called back around 8:00AM, only 6 hours later, the att online status still unchanged.  The ATT rep told me that I cold be receiving it within an hour as everything was shipped.  I asked him if he was guessing because he didn't sound reassuring, he told me it should be here anytime.  What an absolute joke, it is now 5:00PM, the ATT order status still shows pending shipment., I have no idea what the deal is.   ATT call reps have no idea what they are talking about and are an absolute joke.    ATT YOU HAVE SOME SERIOUS IMPROVEMENTS TO MAKE<  HERE IS A SOLUTION SEND AN EMAIL TO ALL YOUR REPS TELLING THEM THE RIGHT INFORMATION>   IF YOU WANT PEOPLE TO TRUST YOU FOR COMMUNICATION NEEDS YOU NEED TO START COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR OWN EMPLOYEES.

I am so frustrated..... Ordered my iphone on October 7th before noon at the ATT store.  Was told I would receive it on the 14th. Shipping information off the ATT site has said pending shipment since October 7th.  I have checked it daily since the 7th and it still says pending shipment.  I called at 2:38AM October 14th to inquire about status and was told the phone was backordered and I would get it in 14 to 21 days.  I was furious.  I called back around 8:00AM, only 6 hours later, the att online status still unchanged.  The ATT rep told me that I cold be receiving it within an hour as everything was shipped.  I asked him if he was guessing because he didn't sound reassuring, he told me it should be here anytime.  What an absolute joke, it is now 5:00PM, the ATT order status still shows pending shipment., I have no idea what the deal is.   ATT call reps have no idea what they are talking about and are an absolute joke.    ATT YOU HAVE SOME SERIOUS IMPROVEMENTS TO MAKE<  HERE IS A SOLUTION SEND AN EMAIL TO ALL YOUR REPS TELLING THEM THE RIGHT INFORMATION>   IF YOU WANT PEOPLE TO TRUST YOU FOR COMMUNICATION NEEDS YOU NEED TO START COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR OWN EMPLOYEES.

Re: AT&T Phone 4s shipping problems

27 of 30 (3,101 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 7:25:50 PM
(0)
Scholar

It'll come -- mine did.  You love it once it does arrive, so nice.  So much faster than my 4 Smiley Surprised

It'll come -- mine did.  You love it once it does arrive, so nice.  So much faster than my 4 Smiley Surprised

28 of 30 (3,034 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 8:00:01 PM
(0)
Teacher

I finally got my iPhone but it's Sprint iPhone. AT&T store where I ordered the phone was jerking me around. So... just went to Sprint, got my iPhone. When I got my iPhone from AT&T I just return the phone and cancel the service. A nice way to lose paying customer from AT&T. I have no regret. So far Sprint service in the area where I live just as perfect as AT&T and I save $10 off my bill. Can't beat that.

I finally got my iPhone but it's Sprint iPhone. AT&T store where I ordered the phone was jerking me around. So... just went to Sprint, got my iPhone. When I got my iPhone from AT&T I just return the phone and cancel the service. A nice way to lose paying customer from AT&T. I have no regret. So far Sprint service in the area where I live just as perfect as AT&T and I save $10 off my bill. Can't beat that.

29 of 30 (3,011 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 8:55:47 PM
(0)
Scholar

That's great you got one.  You might want to ignore the info circulating major news and blog sites about the internet speed difference between carriers.  Initial testing shows AT&T iPhone 4S's running at speeds substantially greater than those of Sprint and Verizon.  You may be happier with the few times your require customer service, but you'll be experiencing dialup-like speeds while you're surfing the net, doing email, etc... Smiley Sad

That's great you got one.  You might want to ignore the info circulating major news and blog sites about the internet speed difference between carriers.  Initial testing shows AT&T iPhone 4S's running at speeds substantially greater than those of Sprint and Verizon.  You may be happier with the few times your require customer service, but you'll be experiencing dialup-like speeds while you're surfing the net, doing email, etc... Smiley Sad

30 of 30 (2,986 Views)