AT&T Increases $25/mo Data Plan from 2GB to 4GB!

Professor

AT&T Increases $25/mo Data Plan from 2GB to 4GB!

[ Edited ]

Mobiledia announced that ATT will increase the $25 Data plan from 2GB to 4GB this month!  I have unlimited data on one line but do have the 2GB on a second line.   I wonder what I need to do to check or ask for this increase for the same price (on the second line only).  I like this.   Also, AT&T will begin offering Mobile to Any Mobile. I like it.  Click below for the full article.

Smiley MSN Emoticon 032.gif

Message 1 of 17 (13,619 Views)
Scholar

Re: AT&T Increases $25/mo Data Plan from 2GB to 4GB!

Any change to the $15/200MB tier? 

Or will they keep it the same and offer a choice of $75/GB or $6.25/GB for the 2 smartphone data plans?

Message 2 of 17 (13,554 Views)
Master

Message 3 of 17 (13,540 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Planet-Ed wrote:

Already posted a week ago here:

http://forums.att.com/t5/MEdia-Net/Hotspot-Tethering-shared-limit-being-incresed-to-4GB/td-p/2669639

Hopefully that post a week ago is old news as it states $45/month for 4GB whereas today's article from Mobiledia quotes ATT as saying they will offer 4GB at its current rate of $25 which makes more sense if it is  to even be considered a 'deal'.  

Planet: I've read between the lines and see where it is referring to a $45 plan and then refer back to the $25 plan for those with tethering.  I will have to do a customer service call and see if the $25/month for 4GB is for those with current 25/mo for 2GB or what this tethering bundle rate is.   hmmmm.

Message 4 of 17 (13,515 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Just spoke with Customer Services at AT&T and the 2 extra GB for $25 is ONLY for those with the Tethering bundle plan.   Soooo, if you (and my second line) have the 2GB for $25 and no tethering deal, then your plan remain the same come Feb 13.  No extra GB  like the Mobiledia  states.

Mobiledia's report just doesnt include the notation that this plan is "only" for those with tethering, insead it says "plus this includes".. . as if its an additional perc provided all at the same price .

Still, im ok with the 2GB for 25$ .  I think the idea for the announcement is to keep ATT customers happy and hold on to its "loyal customers" (lol i said that L word) after Verizon release the Iphone this week.

Message 5 of 17 (13,504 Views)
Master

RicoLX wrote:

Mobiledia's report just doesnt include the notation that this plan is "only" for those with tethering, insead it says "plus this includes".. . as if its an additional perc provided all at the same price .

Still, im ok with the 2GB for 25$ .  I think the idea for the announcement is to keep ATT customers happy and hold on to its "loyal customers" (lol i said that L word) after Verizon release the Iphone this week.

Thats the problem with third party news sources.  I always take them with a grain of salt until they are verified.  Thats why I waited to post last week until I saw the official statement from ATT that I linked to.

Also the original press release was tied to AT&T 4G device announcement and not the iPhone.

Where Verizons tethering allotment (I believe) 2GB is only for tethering, I like AT&T where you get the extra allotment and the entire combined amount can be used however you want (just on the mobile device only, all for tethering, or mixed).

Message 6 of 17 (13,460 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Planet-Ed wrote:

Thats the problem with third party news sources.  I always take them with a grain of salt until they are verified.  Thats why I waited to post last week until I saw the official statement from ATT that I linked to.

Also the original press release was tied to AT&T 4G device announcement and not the iPhone.

Where Verizons tethering allotment (I believe) 2GB is only for tethering, I like AT&T where you get the extra allotment and the entire combined amount can be used however you want (just on the mobile device only, all for tethering, or mixed).

Thats a sweet deal that ATT is offering those with the tethering packet. Would be even nicer if they've offered the extra 2GB for $25 across the board so ALL customers with a 2gb plan feel they are getting a little more for their bucks with aTT.  Looks like a tug of war is going on for 2011 to keep existing and gain new customers with these altered packets.   Appears that most carriers are pushing out revised plans of some sort on 2/13.  All seem to center around Verizons iphone release.

Message 7 of 17 (13,405 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Planet-Ed wrote:

Planet! good news, I just got a callback from ATT Mobility (I never knew that was the actual name of our carrier).  He said that the 2GB/25$ data plan itself is going up to 4GB/25$ across the board.  He explained that the 4GB data will "also include" tethering capabilities but charges beyound 4GB usage will apply as expected.

Thanks to the most Wild Banchi! for posting that link to and online form to reach ATT I got a call back today about the question i posted yesterday. KUDOS to AT&T and KUDOS to the Wild Banchi guys ! punch that Kudo button for him!

Message 8 of 17 (13,320 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Planet-Ed wrote:

Already posted a week ago here:

http://forums.att.com/t5/MEdia-Net/Hotspot-Tethering-shared-limit-being-incresed-to-4GB/td-p/2669639

D O U B L E 

K O O D O S  F O R  T H E

P L A N E T  -   E D

(for posting the original link/alert)

Scroll up this page (Message #3) and punch that Kudos box under the Planet's name)

Message 9 of 17 (13,301 Views)
Professor

Sure Enough! My 2GB/month is now 4GB/Month for 25$ !!! (Sweeeeet)

[ Edited ]

Yep, checked my services online today 2/13 and i do see the second phone line that has the 2gb data plan. The Data Used section of my account for that line shows the 2GB and then says "Addtl 2GB" totalling 4GB and my cost is still at 25$.   I am sure since this is midstream billing the entire CSS will be updated to reflect the updated plan.   Hey thanks AT&T.  I am happy.

Message 10 of 17 (12,974 Views)
Master

Re: Sure Enough! My 2GB/month is now 4GB/Month for 25$ !!! (Sweeeeet)

Mine shows the 

$25 DataPro 2GB plan

$45 DataPro 4GB for Tethering plan.

Message 11 of 17 (6,967 Views)
Professor

Just call Customer Service and ask them about the 2GB Increase and ask them to confirm your adjusted limitation.
Message 12 of 17 (6,965 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

RicoLX wrote:
Just call Customer Service and ask them about the 2GB Increase and ask them to confirm your adjusted limitation.

Nope.  I'm on the unlimited plan and don't want any customer service person eyeballing it and accidentally removing it.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 17 (6,964 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Planet-Ed wrote:

Mine shows the 

$25 DataPro 2GB plan

$45 DataPro 4GB for Tethering plan.

LOL. Planet, i hear you.   Sometimes best to leave tjhings as is.  That was my initial concern as well and I "iterated" and "re-iterated" over and again with  CS to alert them and had them make note on my account that i "DO NOT" want any changes on my primary line and that if any changes made to my second line i want some sort of notification.  No text notification yet, but my acct online shows that theres a 2GB additional on the second line and the price still at $25/month.

I was responding thinking that your prior post was to say that you have te datapro plan.  But now i see, you were referring to what the site itself is still displaying as plan options.

I have unlimited on the primary line and the 2GB on second line (with 2gb increased) .  I am guessing maybe it will take a day or so for the changes to reflect online (even though this is Sunday and one would think they would make the site updates soon).

Message 14 of 17 (6,961 Views)

i just got a 25/month data plan last week, under my business account.  I'm pretty sure she said it was 2GB...but I guess I should call.

Also, what is tethering?

Message 15 of 17 (6,751 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.