Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 14, 2012
7:47:07 AM
View profile
AT&T Had to Provision My Sim - Any Penalties from Retailer?
Edited by mac911 on Jun 14, 2012 at 7:48:31 AM

I wanted to buy my family member's iPhone from AT&T or Apple.  However, other stores (Radio Shack, Target, and WalMart) were just so much cheaper.

I finally chose Radio Shack as Wal Mart was a complete disaster (don't know why I even considered going in there, long story).  Radio Shack had $50 off.  

Radio Shack was pretty nice actually even though at first they told me the iPhone couldn't have a $20 data plan. Must be part of their trick.  

To the point, when I got home with the phone and went to set it up before Father's Day to give it, it didn't have any AT&T signal even though my phone had 4 bars (iPhone on AT&T as well).

I called AT&T and they confirmed the sim must not have been provisioned.  They provisioned the sim by having me pop out the sim card, give them the number, and all was well.  

I just want to make sure...you guys don't think having AT&T provision the sim could cause me any of the Radio Shack penalities that are listed on their receipt do you?  You know the terms about keeping the device activated and everything? I didn't know if maybe they had provisioned the wrong sim or something and then would think the phone is not being used, but they probably use the IMEI to track it which is of course the same still?

Thanks so much.   

I wanted to buy my family member's iPhone from AT&T or Apple.  However, other stores (Radio Shack, Target, and WalMart) were just so much cheaper.

I finally chose Radio Shack as Wal Mart was a complete disaster (don't know why I even considered going in there, long story).  Radio Shack had $50 off.  

Radio Shack was pretty nice actually even though at first they told me the iPhone couldn't have a $20 data plan. Must be part of their trick.  

To the point, when I got home with the phone and went to set it up before Father's Day to give it, it didn't have any AT&T signal even though my phone had 4 bars (iPhone on AT&T as well).

I called AT&T and they confirmed the sim must not have been provisioned.  They provisioned the sim by having me pop out the sim card, give them the number, and all was well.  

I just want to make sure...you guys don't think having AT&T provision the sim could cause me any of the Radio Shack penalities that are listed on their receipt do you?  You know the terms about keeping the device activated and everything? I didn't know if maybe they had provisioned the wrong sim or something and then would think the phone is not being used, but they probably use the IMEI to track it which is of course the same still?

Thanks so much.   

AT&T Had to Provision My Sim - Any Penalties from Retailer?

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2012 9:40:51 AM
(0)
Guru
No. You're fine
No. You're fine

Re: AT&T Had to Provision My Sim - Any Penalties from Retailer?

2 of 2 (1,539 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments