Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 25, 2010
6:49:20 AM
AT&T Family Map Dead after update

I've tried deleting the app, restarting, reinstalling, restarting, logging back in...

I get "There has been an error"

every single time.  None of the steps mentioned on this forum seem to work.  Beyond that the new iPhone update seems to be ok.  Of course I needed the family map last night to locate a kid and it didn't work...

I've tried deleting the app, restarting, reinstalling, restarting, logging back in...

I get "There has been an error"

every single time.  None of the steps mentioned on this forum seem to work.  Beyond that the new iPhone update seems to be ok.  Of course I needed the family map last night to locate a kid and it didn't work...

AT&T Family Map Dead after update

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2010 7:05:22 AM
(0)
Scholar

Working on our iPhone 4 phones running 4.2.1

Working on our iPhone 4 phones running 4.2.1

Re: AT&T Family Map Dead after update

2 of 9 (2,264 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2010 11:17:55 AM
(0)
Professor
It's up to the app developer to make it work with the new software.
It's up to the app developer to make it work with the new software.

3 of 9 (2,205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2010 3:07:28 PM
(0)
Employee
The app doesn't work at this time but can can go to the mobile url for the time bring
The app doesn't work at this time but can can go to the mobile url for the time bring
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 9 (2,170 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2010 5:12:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

Doesn't work on my Iphone 4, either.  Tried everything, even restoring the phone and reupdating.  GG AT&T.

Doesn't work on my Iphone 4, either.  Tried everything, even restoring the phone and reupdating.  GG AT&T.

5 of 9 (2,032 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2010 5:43:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

Mine is dead too after the iPhone 4.2 update...spent an hour on the phine with tech support to no avail...finally got someone from the tech side that said the app won't work with the update, expect a fix in 1-2 weeks.  Lovely!

Mine is dead too after the iPhone 4.2 update...spent an hour on the phine with tech support to no avail...finally got someone from the tech side that said the app won't work with the update, expect a fix in 1-2 weeks.  Lovely!

6 of 9 (2,021 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2010 6:23:01 PM
(0)
Scholar

Odd, I wonder why the app is working on my phone.

Odd, I wonder why the app is working on my phone.

7 of 9 (2,008 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2010 12:08:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

The worst part is that I have been on the phone with support twice and the first time they just told me that it was all set and i just had to reset my password.  That was bull.

The second time I was on the phone for over 1/2 hour and they couldn't figure out what was wrong.  Finally I got disconnected.  I can't call them back without going through a long wait time and I wouldn't get the same person.  Wouldn't you think they would have called me back?  Nope!  They certainly had my phone number. 

Now I find out that the App doesn't work.  Why didn't anyone tell me?

Can't wait for Verizon or someone else to put out competing software product.

The worst part is that I have been on the phone with support twice and the first time they just told me that it was all set and i just had to reset my password.  That was bull.

The second time I was on the phone for over 1/2 hour and they couldn't figure out what was wrong.  Finally I got disconnected.  I can't call them back without going through a long wait time and I wouldn't get the same person.  Wouldn't you think they would have called me back?  Nope!  They certainly had my phone number. 

Now I find out that the App doesn't work.  Why didn't anyone tell me?

Can't wait for Verizon or someone else to put out competing software product.

8 of 9 (1,839 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2010 2:40:36 PM
(0)
Professor
This happens every time there is an OS update. A number of apps don't work right with the new OS and the app developer will do an update of their app to work with 4.2. All people have to do is wait a week or two for the new version of the app to come out. That's it. Alternately, one could wait on downloading 4.2 until the apps are updated. You don't have to be first on the block to get the new OS!

It's not Apple's job to make sure every single app on the planet works with their OS, it's the app developers job to make sure their third party app works with Apple's OS. People can pine for Verizon or whatever, but that doesn't change what the issue is.
This happens every time there is an OS update. A number of apps don't work right with the new OS and the app developer will do an update of their app to work with 4.2. All people have to do is wait a week or two for the new version of the app to come out. That's it. Alternately, one could wait on downloading 4.2 until the apps are updated. You don't have to be first on the block to get the new OS!

It's not Apple's job to make sure every single app on the planet works with their OS, it's the app developers job to make sure their third party app works with Apple's OS. People can pine for Verizon or whatever, but that doesn't change what the issue is.

9 of 9 (1,808 Views)