AT&T E, How do I make it work?

Contributor

AT&T E, How do I make it work?

I was using my iPad 2for the first time in the car and the AT&T 3G turned into At&t E. Every net app stopped working and the only thing that still worked was the map. It showed us moving along so it was still connected and had full signal but no connectivity. Do I need to turn on roaming? It warns that roaming could cause additional charges, will that deduct mb faster or will it bill my card?
Message 1 of 2 (1,213 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: AT&T E, How do I make it work?

the "E" symbol means your devce s no longer able to connect to the AT&T 3G network, and has dropped back to the ole "2G" network - "Edge".  This network is much slower, and quite possibly your device is still connected and working, but at such a slow pace that the large amounts of data the application s requestng is not getting to the devce fast enough.With your map app, try using ony a simple map, anotnot usng any form of satellite imagery, that should reduce the bandwidth needs and allow the data to transfer ina more timely manner...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (1,195 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.