Helpful Links

AT&T Does not want me to buy the new Galaxy Note!!! On back-order unless you ordered on the 5th??

AT&T Does not want me to buy the new Galaxy Note!!! On back-order unless you ordered on the 5th??

So after pre-ordering my Samsung Galaxy Note on Tuesday Feb. 7th of last week (only 2 days after they began accepting pre-orders) I get an email at 2AM (completely useless time for an email), that my order was cancelled with this exact text, "Unfortunately, either we have not heard from you in several days, or you have chosen to cancel your order. In either case, this e-mail confirms your order cancellation."

So considering I had already recieved and email on Feb 7th. stating that my order could not be cancelled at this point, I was confused to say the least.

After a long chat with the WORST AT&T supervising representative on the face of the planet, named Ashley {Personal content removed}, they eventually tell me that my credit card company has declined the transaction. Now I must call my credit card company.

After a short chat with a very helpful representative from my credit card company, they say that no charge was ever attempted from AT&T; also stating that either the charge was never made from AT&T's end, or they entered the incorrect card information.

So I call AT&T back only to get the same supervising representative, Ashley {Personal content removed}, who continued to deny that wrong information was entered and that the credit card company has declined the transaction. I explain that the credit company has absolutely verified that it never recieved any such transaction, but she still continues to blame them. At this point her tone and word choice are quite rude and I'm assuming she is very annoyed with me expecting the most basic of customer service.

Now I need the communities feedback as to what the status of your pre-orders are, because she told me that even if the original transaction I had made on the 7th had gone through, that it would be backordered and wouldn't have arrived tomorrow any ways. She claimed that even some people who pre-ordered on the 5th were not going to have their devices arrive tomorrow.

Everyone let me know if you have recieved shipping confirmation on your Galaxy Note and what day you pre-ordered on, I think the rep. was full of complete Bee-Es!

Message 1 of 25

Re: AT&T Does not want me to buy the new Galaxy Note!!! On back-order unless you ordered on the

I finally received confirmation (sort of) that my Note should arrive tomorrow. I received the email with the shipping and tracking number, but the USPS website does not have an estimated delivery time, only an arrival at the sorting center in memphis, tn. I hope it arrives in Tulsa, Ok tomorrow, as promised.

Message 16 of 25

Re: AT&T Does not want me to buy the new Galaxy Note!!! On back-order unless you ordered on the

I finally received my confirmation just short of 6pm central. If it makes it to Lubbock, it oughta make it to Tulsa for sure. *crosses fingers*

Message 17 of 25
Contributor

There's rumors that the Note will get ICS around March along with the SII. Not sure if there's truth to this. I read in one of the tech forums.

I still haven't gotten any tracking # like everyone else. Well, this is frustrating...:smileyfrustrate Smiley Frustrated 

Message 18 of 25
Contributor

I ordered on the 6th and says should arrive at 3 tomrro,Talked  to a AT&T rep this morning and she said that anyone that preordered before 3 today will get it by tomorrow.

Message 19 of 25
Tutor

Cool...so Im not the only who witnessed how incompetent this company is... here is my experience

Message 20 of 25
Master

NR017 wrote:

There's rumors that the Note will get ICS around March along with the SII. Not sure if there's truth to this. I read in one of the tech forums.

That's for international vesions. AT&T versions won't  be that fast. I'd say late summer at the earliest.

Galaxy Note is an older phone than Galaxy Nexus (US always late to get the latest and greatest phones). And currently only Nexus phones have ICS because they get the update straight from Google. Others have to wait their manufacturers to customize and stablilize before we see it.

Message 21 of 25

Anyone receive their phone yet? Just checked with my mail lady and she told me it will arrive tomorrow. I am, needless to say, FURIOUS! Did At&t not send them overnight?!(it's coming throuhg USPS for me)

-If I do not receive it tomorrow I am going to raise all kinds of heck with that company!

Message 22 of 25

If mine does not arrive today, I will be calling Customer Service and demanding a credit in the amount of $25 per day that it is late. I would have purchased it in store on Sunday, if I didn't care about getting it early.

Message 23 of 25
Contributor

AT&T sucks! I pre-ordered the Note on the 5th of Febuary (the first day you could) and have gone through a nerve racking day since. This evil company only sent the phone out yesterday (16th) from Memphis, TN and thought that it one day it could magically come to San Francisco in a truck. The AT&T store that I was shipping the Note ignored my calls for hours and at 4 PM finally picked up saying they have nothing. Of course AT&T chooses the cheepest shipping option so I don't even know if my package left yet. I am thinking strongly about just leaving this horid company for good. Man Mad

Message 24 of 25
Highlighted
Scholar

Sjberlyant, just by saying Memphis you probably are having your shipped from usps. Apparently there was a big issue with usps shipping the phones from their memo is hub. Especially since the phone actually came from fort worth Texas. Its a shame as it seems usps is to blame not att.
Message 25 of 25
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support