Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 26, 2011
2:48:44 PM
View profile
AT&T Customer Retention

In this era of many options for SmartPhones the question I need to ask is what is AT&T going to do to retain their current customers?  I am coming to the end of my contract with AT&T...I have an iPhone 3Gs.  I want to eventually upgrade to a new iPhone (hopefully 5 if it comes out soon) but wonder what AT&T will do with all of us who are now coming to our contract end?  I have found that other carriers are offering what I currently have with unlimited everything at a far cheaper price.  When I do finally upgrade it is going to be because I want to add tethering to my phone service.  Now the other carriers that I am considering don't have the iPhone (sad!) but it is not about the phone anymore for me but rather what the carrier can offer me.  Right now there are two companies that are beating AT&T with service and plans.  I currently pay for $125.00/mo for 900/unlimited data/unlimited text.  I have unlimited everything on two carrires for under $100 with tethering!  Can or will AT&T try and stay competitive with other carriers?

If I upgrade with AT&T I will be forced to reduce my data plan, add on a tethering plan, might even have to reduce my minutes to get a new phone and pay more than I do now.  I have to ask AT&T, how do you feel that are still competitive and how will you retain current customers?

In this era of many options for SmartPhones the question I need to ask is what is AT&T going to do to retain their current customers?  I am coming to the end of my contract with AT&T...I have an iPhone 3Gs.  I want to eventually upgrade to a new iPhone (hopefully 5 if it comes out soon) but wonder what AT&T will do with all of us who are now coming to our contract end?  I have found that other carriers are offering what I currently have with unlimited everything at a far cheaper price.  When I do finally upgrade it is going to be because I want to add tethering to my phone service.  Now the other carriers that I am considering don't have the iPhone (sad!) but it is not about the phone anymore for me but rather what the carrier can offer me.  Right now there are two companies that are beating AT&T with service and plans.  I currently pay for $125.00/mo for 900/unlimited data/unlimited text.  I have unlimited everything on two carrires for under $100 with tethering!  Can or will AT&T try and stay competitive with other carriers?

If I upgrade with AT&T I will be forced to reduce my data plan, add on a tethering plan, might even have to reduce my minutes to get a new phone and pay more than I do now.  I have to ask AT&T, how do you feel that are still competitive and how will you retain current customers?

AT&T Customer Retention

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2011 4:11:04 PM
(0)
Employee
I don't think they'll be able to match those plans. different carriers charge different amounts and those are the amounts at&t charges. you might get a deal on a minute plan but nit the data plan
I don't think they'll be able to match those plans. different carriers charge different amounts and those are the amounts at&t charges. you might get a deal on a minute plan but nit the data plan
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: AT&T Customer Retention

2 of 5 (3,542 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2011 10:35:46 PM
(0)
Contributor
@JFizDaWiz Thank you for the reply. That is awfully sad that AT&T is drawing the lines with their phone plans. I believe it it getting harder for customers to stay with them as the monopoly of the iPhone is coming to an end; and that there is a new slew of smartphones that are comparable and even superior to the iPhone. As I have said, I don't think that the smartphone is the issue any more with Apple, HTC, and Motorola putting out great phones. However, it is the plans and what people have to pay that is making up their minds.

Sprint and Verizon both will have the plans and prices that will definitely beat that of AT&T. however, AT&T still has the best service for the iPhone...talk/text/internet all at once. I really wish AT&T would listen to their customers and remain vigilant and competitive with the other carriers. It will be interesting to see what happens in June and September.

Thanks!
@JFizDaWiz Thank you for the reply. That is awfully sad that AT&T is drawing the lines with their phone plans. I believe it it getting harder for customers to stay with them as the monopoly of the iPhone is coming to an end; and that there is a new slew of smartphones that are comparable and even superior to the iPhone. As I have said, I don't think that the smartphone is the issue any more with Apple, HTC, and Motorola putting out great phones. However, it is the plans and what people have to pay that is making up their minds.

Sprint and Verizon both will have the plans and prices that will definitely beat that of AT&T. however, AT&T still has the best service for the iPhone...talk/text/internet all at once. I really wish AT&T would listen to their customers and remain vigilant and competitive with the other carriers. It will be interesting to see what happens in June and September.

Thanks!

3 of 5 (3,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 1:04:51 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by JFizDaWiz on Apr 30, 2011 at 1:06:12 AM

if I remember correctly Verizon's plans are about the same price as AT&T. Sprint is the cheapest. Now if you have a 4G device in 4G coverage with Verizon and Sprint you can do voice and data at he same time.

also every carrier can talk and text at the same time

if I remember correctly Verizon's plans are about the same price as AT&T. Sprint is the cheapest. Now if you have a 4G device in 4G coverage with Verizon and Sprint you can do voice and data at he same time.

also every carrier can talk and text at the same time
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (3,470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2011 3:34:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

There is a very small chance that AT&T will modify their already existing prices to better fit customers' needs. They have at least been sacrificial in messaging I know of, and have done other things to make their pricing structure/allotment for what you get in return more attractive/beneficial to buyers.

I think Sprint still has the $69.99 Unlimited Everything plan, by do not carry the iPhone. It sure would be nice if AT&T could do something like this, but we all know that's not going to happen unless they were to make some big sacrifices...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

There is a very small chance that AT&T will modify their already existing prices to better fit customers' needs. They have at least been sacrificial in messaging I know of, and have done other things to make their pricing structure/allotment for what you get in return more attractive/beneficial to buyers.

I think Sprint still has the $69.99 Unlimited Everything plan, by do not carry the iPhone. It sure would be nice if AT&T could do something like this, but we all know that's not going to happen unless they were to make some big sacrifices...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (3,442 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments