AT&T Approval

Tutor

AT&T Approval

So I just ordered a blackberry torch on cartoys and now im waiting for them to tell me if AT&T will approve me for service.

I have a credit score of 700+, no debts or anything. So they should approve me for service Smiley Happy

How long does it usually take for them to tell you?

Message 1 of 7
Scholar

Re: AT&T Approval

Soon as they run a credit check i believe. Those things take like 2 secs.

Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Tutor

Got approved but with a 500 deposit! Smiley Sad

That's insane! i have a very good credit and  will be double checking my score tomorow,

i asked a coworker and she told me 500 as well but she has no credit.

Message 3 of 7
Scholar

I feel ya. They release those deposits after a year though.

Message 4 of 7
Mentor

Hey I don't know a whole lot about new activations or cartoys I'm just speaking from experience...if you brought in your own equiptment there shouldnt be a deposit because there is no contract...when i first got service I had no deposit because I used an old phone and i had zero credit because i had just turned 18...not sure if your situation is the same though or if anything like that has changed.   Good luck!

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 7
Employee

a credit check is still required for postpaid even if no contract with your own phone.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 7

Yup, even without contract there would still be a depowsit because there is still a credit risk of not paying the bill.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support