AT&T Apple forum readers...

Scholar

AT&T Apple forum readers...

go enjoy a good laugh...go to verizons apple forums and see all the whining and crying that the iphone has generated on the other side of the fence,after just a couple of days, the grass isnt allways greener...

http://community.vzw.com/t5/iPhone-4/bd-p/iPhone

Message 1 of 29 (1,973 Views)
Master

Re: AT&T Apple forum readers...

Elwood61 wrote:

go enjoy a good laugh...go to verizons apple forums and see all the whining and crying that the iphone has generated on the other side of the fence,after just a couple of days, the grass isnt allways greener...

Been there, done that, found it wasn't worth the time.  People complain no matter what the situation.

Message 2 of 29 (1,964 Views)
Master

Ha! Although we don't often agree on much, thanks for the laugh.  I love the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Elwood61 wrote:

Message 3 of 29 (1,922 Views)
Teacher

BrianfromNO wrote:

Ha! Although we don't often agree on much, thanks for the laugh.  I love the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Elwood61 wrote:

Then you should become an AT&T customer service rep! LOL

Message 4 of 29 (1,898 Views)
Scholar

Verizon ran out of pre-orders after about 18 hrs. They are telling their customers to wait until 3:01 am on the 9th, or get in line for the store opening at 7am on the 9th.

It appears that Apple is having the same problem supplying the CDMA phone is it is having supplying the GSM phone.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I don't think Verizon was even close to being aware of the pent up demand for an iPhone on their system, and not just from people who want to switch to Verizon. They are going to have the same issues that AT&T has. You can't put 10 Lbs of flour in a 5 Lb bag.

Message 5 of 29 (1,894 Views)
Expert

sdlemonhead wrote:

BrianfromNO wrote:

Elwood61 wrote:

Then you should become an AT&T customer service rep! LOL

While that whining and gnashing of teeth is amusing, the next stage of tearing out hair and yell about crass action suits are light years ahead of stage 1

Message 6 of 29 (1,865 Views)
Professor

Message 7 of 29 (1,861 Views)
Scholar

Most of the whining appeared to be about delivery.  Wait until all of the new units are activated on the data network.  I'm betting the weight of all of those simultaneous connections won't be easy to carry for very long.  Is AT&T perfect?  Nope.  Am I staying put?  You betcha!

Message 8 of 29 (1,819 Views)
Former Employee

Some interesting lines I found especially amusing:

"It's cheaper for me to cancel my contract and go to AT&T!"

"Why have I stuck with VW so long?  I have no idea....we will be looking for a new carrier soon."

"This is clearly a slap in the face to existing Verizon customers."

So, there are a lot of people being upset because they can't upgrade and have to pay full price, I have a legit question though:

Don't VZ have an early upgrade option like AT&T does for higher price but still with discount? 

Message 9 of 29 (1,814 Views)
Master

It looks just like this here Apple board when the iPhone 4 came out for AT&T. "Where's my order?" "Where's my e-mail?!?" "How long do I have to wait?" Smiley Very Happy Seems pretty peaceful over here than it does over there in the Apple board... Well done, guys. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 10 of 29 (1,763 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

drumn_bass wrote:

Some interesting lines I found especially amusing:

"It's cheaper for me to cancel my contract and go to AT&T!"

"Why have I stuck with VW so long?  I have no idea....we will be looking for a new carrier soon."

"This is clearly a slap in the face to existing Verizon customers."

So, there are a lot of people being upset because they can't upgrade and have to pay full price, I have a legit question though:

Don't VZ have an early upgrade option like AT&T does for higher price but still with discount? 

VZW's early upgrade option appears to be different from AT&T's.  VZW offers early upgrade for select lines.  There is no price difference for iPhone 4 early upgrades, as VZW waived the fee.  People are complaining because their line is not one of those that is eligible for an early upgrade, which doesn't kick in until a year after the previous upgrade.  Keep in mind that many VZW customers have purchased Droid phones in the last year.  Those are the loudest complainers now.

Message 11 of 29 (1,401 Views)
Professor

smalcom wrote:

Verizon ran out of pre-orders after about 18 hrs. They are telling their customers to wait until 3:01 am on the 9th, or get in line for the store opening at 7am on the 9th.

It appears that Apple is having the same problem supplying the CDMA phone is it is having supplying the GSM phone.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I don't think Verizon was even close to being aware of the pent up demand for an iPhone on their system, and not just from people who want to switch to Verizon. They are going to have the same issues that AT&T has. You can't put 10 Lbs of flour in a 5 Lb bag.

It took a whole 18 hours?  Must not be too popular then. Smiley Wink  The iPhone 4 preorder crashed AT&T's servers in a few hours IIRC.

If they opened the orders for only existing customers, and sold out in less than a day, imagine what it's going to be like when they open it for everyone.  I'd hate to be near an Apple or Verizon store on lauch day!

Message 12 of 29 (1,391 Views)
Scholar

the real amusement will begin when the iphone 5 comes out in a few months and the majority of people who were 'on the cutting edge' will be behind their friends and screaming bloody murder. no matter how obvious the situations are, people still have the shocked and betrayed reaction to these things. people never cease to amaze me.

Message 13 of 29 (1,372 Views)

[ Edited ]

browski wrote:

the real amusement will begin when the iphone 5 comes out in a few months and the majority of people who were 'on the cutting edge' will be behind their friends and screaming bloody murder. no matter how obvious the situations are, people still have the shocked and betrayed reaction to these things. people never cease to amaze me.

No, the real amusement is that Verizon broke their presales record in two hours and had to shut down their preorder site.

Who's laughing now AT&T?

iPhone 5 should have the ability to do calls and data at the same time, and when that comes early termination fee for me AT&T, good riddance.

Message 14 of 29 (1,355 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Reading through the site is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!!

I can't wait until their launch day, and all those activations come online at once. That'll be the real knee slapper!

I said a couple of years back when so many were complaining that who EVER gets the iPhone will have issues. It's amuch lauded, much desired device that broke sales and activations by the multiples of millions. NO ONE had an inkling that even 1/10th of those numbers would have hit as they did, so of course they were unprepared.

Imagine, Verizon is having and will have these issues AFTER the iPhone has been in existence on AT&T's network for the FOURTH YEAR, and they've had all that time to prepare for it. And the problems will still come. Just goes to show what many of us have been saing on this site all along: there IS NO perfect carrier. Even beyond that, complainers will ALWAYS find a reason to complain.

These Verizon posters are cracking me up. I lost count of how many times on I've read the phrase, "I'm going to go to AT&T!"

Priceless!

Message 15 of 29 (1,332 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.