Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 3, 2011
7:01:05 PM
View profile
AT&T Apple forum readers...

go enjoy a good laugh...go to verizons apple forums and see all the whining and crying that the iphone has generated on the other side of the fence,after just a couple of days, the grass isnt allways greener...

http://community.vzw.com/t5/iPhone-4/bd-p/iPhone

go enjoy a good laugh...go to verizons apple forums and see all the whining and crying that the iphone has generated on the other side of the fence,after just a couple of days, the grass isnt allways greener...

AT&T Apple forum readers...

28 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(28)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 7:06:22 PM
(0)
Master

Elwood61 wrote:

Been there, done that, found it wasn't worth the time.  People complain no matter what the situation.

Elwood61 wrote:

Been there, done that, found it wasn't worth the time.  People complain no matter what the situation.

Re: AT&T Apple forum readers...

2 of 29 (1,574 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 8:29:40 PM
(0)
Master

Ha! Although we don't often agree on much, thanks for the laugh.  I love the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Elwood61 wrote:

Ha! Although we don't often agree on much, thanks for the laugh.  I love the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Elwood61 wrote:

3 of 29 (1,532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 11:07:57 PM
(0)
Teacher

BrianfromNO wrote:

Elwood61 wrote:

Then you should become an AT&T customer service rep! LOL

BrianfromNO wrote:

Elwood61 wrote:

4 of 29 (1,508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 11:32:22 PM
(0)
Scholar

Verizon ran out of pre-orders after about 18 hrs. They are telling their customers to wait until 3:01 am on the 9th, or get in line for the store opening at 7am on the 9th.

It appears that Apple is having the same problem supplying the CDMA phone is it is having supplying the GSM phone.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I don't think Verizon was even close to being aware of the pent up demand for an iPhone on their system, and not just from people who want to switch to Verizon. They are going to have the same issues that AT&T has. You can't put 10 Lbs of flour in a 5 Lb bag.

Verizon ran out of pre-orders after about 18 hrs. They are telling their customers to wait until 3:01 am on the 9th, or get in line for the store opening at 7am on the 9th.

It appears that Apple is having the same problem supplying the CDMA phone is it is having supplying the GSM phone.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I don't think Verizon was even close to being aware of the pent up demand for an iPhone on their system, and not just from people who want to switch to Verizon. They are going to have the same issues that AT&T has. You can't put 10 Lbs of flour in a 5 Lb bag.

5 of 29 (1,504 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 3:43:13 AM
(0)
Expert

sdlemonhead wrote:

BrianfromNO wrote:

Elwood61 wrote:

While that whining and gnashing of teeth is amusing, the next stage of tearing out hair and yell about crass action suits are light years ahead of stage 1

sdlemonhead wrote:

BrianfromNO wrote:

Elwood61 wrote:

While that whining and gnashing of teeth is amusing, the next stage of tearing out hair and yell about crass action suits are light years ahead of stage 1

6 of 29 (1,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 3:49:07 AM
(0)
Professor

7 of 29 (1,471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 6:43:52 AM
(0)
Scholar

Most of the whining appeared to be about delivery.  Wait until all of the new units are activated on the data network.  I'm betting the weight of all of those simultaneous connections won't be easy to carry for very long.  Is AT&T perfect?  Nope.  Am I staying put?  You betcha!

Most of the whining appeared to be about delivery.  Wait until all of the new units are activated on the data network.  I'm betting the weight of all of those simultaneous connections won't be easy to carry for very long.  Is AT&T perfect?  Nope.  Am I staying put?  You betcha!

8 of 29 (1,429 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 6:46:27 AM
(0)
Former Employee

Some interesting lines I found especially amusing:

"It's cheaper for me to cancel my contract and go to AT&T!"

"Why have I stuck with VW so long?  I have no idea....we will be looking for a new carrier soon."

"This is clearly a slap in the face to existing Verizon customers."

So, there are a lot of people being upset because they can't upgrade and have to pay full price, I have a legit question though:

Don't VZ have an early upgrade option like AT&T does for higher price but still with discount? 

"Why have I stuck with VW so long?  I have no idea....we will be looking for a new carrier soon."

So, there are a lot of people being upset because they can't upgrade and have to pay full price, I have a legit question though:

Don't VZ have an early upgrade option like AT&T does for higher price but still with discount? 

9 of 29 (1,424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 9:03:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It looks just like this here Apple board when the iPhone 4 came out for AT&T. "Where's my order?" "Where's my e-mail?!?" "How long do I have to wait?" Smiley Very Happy Seems pretty peaceful over here than it does over there in the Apple board... Well done, guys. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

It looks just like this here Apple board when the iPhone 4 came out for AT&T. "Where's my order?" "Where's my e-mail?!?" "How long do I have to wait?" Smiley Very Happy Seems pretty peaceful over here than it does over there in the Apple board... Well done, guys. Smiley Wink

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 29 (1,373 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 9:14:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

drumn_bass wrote:

VZW's early upgrade option appears to be different from AT&T's.  VZW offers early upgrade for select lines.  There is no price difference for iPhone 4 early upgrades, as VZW waived the fee.  People are complaining because their line is not one of those that is eligible for an early upgrade, which doesn't kick in until a year after the previous upgrade.  Keep in mind that many VZW customers have purchased Droid phones in the last year.  Those are the loudest complainers now.

drumn_bass wrote:

VZW's early upgrade option appears to be different from AT&T's.  VZW offers early upgrade for select lines.  There is no price difference for iPhone 4 early upgrades, as VZW waived the fee.  People are complaining because their line is not one of those that is eligible for an early upgrade, which doesn't kick in until a year after the previous upgrade.  Keep in mind that many VZW customers have purchased Droid phones in the last year.  Those are the loudest complainers now.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 29 (1,011 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 9:33:05 AM
(0)
Professor

smalcom wrote:

It took a whole 18 hours?  Must not be too popular then. Smiley Wink  The iPhone 4 preorder crashed AT&T's servers in a few hours IIRC.

If they opened the orders for only existing customers, and sold out in less than a day, imagine what it's going to be like when they open it for everyone.  I'd hate to be near an Apple or Verizon store on lauch day!

smalcom wrote:

It took a whole 18 hours?  Must not be too popular then. Smiley Wink  The iPhone 4 preorder crashed AT&T's servers in a few hours IIRC.

If they opened the orders for only existing customers, and sold out in less than a day, imagine what it's going to be like when they open it for everyone.  I'd hate to be near an Apple or Verizon store on lauch day!

12 of 29 (1,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 10:21:03 AM
(0)
Scholar

the real amusement will begin when the iphone 5 comes out in a few months and the majority of people who were 'on the cutting edge' will be behind their friends and screaming bloody murder. no matter how obvious the situations are, people still have the shocked and betrayed reaction to these things. people never cease to amaze me.

the real amusement will begin when the iphone 5 comes out in a few months and the majority of people who were 'on the cutting edge' will be behind their friends and screaming bloody murder. no matter how obvious the situations are, people still have the shocked and betrayed reaction to these things. people never cease to amaze me.

13 of 29 (982 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 10:53:28 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by IPhone3GSOwner on Feb 4, 2011 at 10:54:27 AM

browski wrote:

No, the real amusement is that Verizon broke their presales record in two hours and had to shut down their preorder site.

Who's laughing now AT&T?

iPhone 5 should have the ability to do calls and data at the same time, and when that comes early termination fee for me AT&T, good riddance.

browski wrote:

No, the real amusement is that Verizon broke their presales record in two hours and had to shut down their preorder site.

Who's laughing now AT&T?

iPhone 5 should have the ability to do calls and data at the same time, and when that comes early termination fee for me AT&T, good riddance.

[ Edited ]
14 of 29 (965 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 11:12:22 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by SLIKRICK on Feb 4, 2011 at 11:13:16 AM

Reading through the site is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!!

I can't wait until their launch day, and all those activations come online at once. That'll be the real knee slapper!

I said a couple of years back when so many were complaining that who EVER gets the iPhone will have issues. It's amuch lauded, much desired device that broke sales and activations by the multiples of millions. NO ONE had an inkling that even 1/10th of those numbers would have hit as they did, so of course they were unprepared.

Imagine, Verizon is having and will have these issues AFTER the iPhone has been in existence on AT&T's network for the FOURTH YEAR, and they've had all that time to prepare for it. And the problems will still come. Just goes to show what many of us have been saing on this site all along: there IS NO perfect carrier. Even beyond that, complainers will ALWAYS find a reason to complain.

These Verizon posters are cracking me up. I lost count of how many times on I've read the phrase, "I'm going to go to AT&T!"

Priceless!

Reading through the site is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!!

I can't wait until their launch day, and all those activations come online at once. That'll be the real knee slapper!

I said a couple of years back when so many were complaining that who EVER gets the iPhone will have issues. It's amuch lauded, much desired device that broke sales and activations by the multiples of millions. NO ONE had an inkling that even 1/10th of those numbers would have hit as they did, so of course they were unprepared.

Imagine, Verizon is having and will have these issues AFTER the iPhone has been in existence on AT&T's network for the FOURTH YEAR, and they've had all that time to prepare for it. And the problems will still come. Just goes to show what many of us have been saing on this site all along: there IS NO perfect carrier. Even beyond that, complainers will ALWAYS find a reason to complain.

These Verizon posters are cracking me up. I lost count of how many times on I've read the phrase, "I'm going to go to AT&T!"

Priceless!

[ Edited ]
15 of 29 (942 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 11:40:36 AM
(0)
Professor
Seems like verizon also has a new policy where they can reduce your speed if you use a lot of data http://bit.ly/fAhcLH
Seems like verizon also has a new policy where they can reduce your speed if you use a lot of data http://bit.ly/fAhcLH

16 of 29 (922 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 11:51:58 AM
(0)
Scholar

it has nothing to do with att vs. verizon. i watched similar events unfold here with the data cap and those that missed the cutoff.

my personal beef with att was actually resolved today. 3g was opened up in my area and now i can fully use the service i have been paying for.

it's wonderful that verizon is selling massive amounts of iphones. i wish them all the best. in fact, i hope they steal millions of iphone users from att so the network will be even faster.

as mentioned before, both companies have their downfalls. even if lte allows simultaneous voice/data on verizon, it won't make verizon a flawless provider.

my whole point was people are so eager to have the newest shiny toy, knowing a new model will be out in a few months. the trend is moving towards 4g service and dual core processing with the release of the motorola atrix. for apple not to follow this model would be a terrible business move that motorola and htc will take full advantage of. it's not difficult to predict, it's just difficult for many to accept.

it has nothing to do with att vs. verizon. i watched similar events unfold here with the data cap and those that missed the cutoff.

my personal beef with att was actually resolved today. 3g was opened up in my area and now i can fully use the service i have been paying for.

it's wonderful that verizon is selling massive amounts of iphones. i wish them all the best. in fact, i hope they steal millions of iphone users from att so the network will be even faster.

as mentioned before, both companies have their downfalls. even if lte allows simultaneous voice/data on verizon, it won't make verizon a flawless provider.

my whole point was people are so eager to have the newest shiny toy, knowing a new model will be out in a few months. the trend is moving towards 4g service and dual core processing with the release of the motorola atrix. for apple not to follow this model would be a terrible business move that motorola and htc will take full advantage of. it's not difficult to predict, it's just difficult for many to accept.

17 of 29 (912 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 1:25:54 PM
(0)
Expert

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

browski wrote:

Who's laughing now AT&T?

So did ATT so your point is what? It still took them a day to sell out, where as ATT was sold out a lot faster.

Unless the Iphone 5 uses something other then stock CDMA technolgy you will NOT be able to do data and voice at the same time, and as of right now there is 0 information on what technology it will use on verizon's network.

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

browski wrote:

Who's laughing now AT&T?

So did ATT so your point is what? It still took them a day to sell out, where as ATT was sold out a lot faster.

Unless the Iphone 5 uses something other then stock CDMA technolgy you will NOT be able to do data and voice at the same time, and as of right now there is 0 information on what technology it will use on verizon's network.

18 of 29 (888 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 2:08:29 PM
(0)
Scholar

dwill05 wrote:

smalcom wrote:

I'd hate to be near Verizon when they activate all of those phones at the same time.

dwill05 wrote:

smalcom wrote:

I'd hate to be near Verizon when they activate all of those phones at the same time.

19 of 29 (868 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 3:29:07 PM
(0)
Teacher

smalcom wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

smalcom wrote:

That's what I'm saying! They should (and may in fact be doing) ship out the pre-ordered phones early to avoid having a billion people all activate there phone on the same day. The phones are paid for and in stock, so why delay shipment until the 10th? Some people on Verizon's MB claim that there order has been processed, shipped, and is currently in transit. I never got my shipping conformation, nor was I billed yet, so I don't know how true these claims are. I would definitely hate being a Verizon customer service rep on the 10th because activating all these phones on the same day WILL be a nightmare.

smalcom wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

smalcom wrote:

That's what I'm saying! They should (and may in fact be doing) ship out the pre-ordered phones early to avoid having a billion people all activate there phone on the same day. The phones are paid for and in stock, so why delay shipment until the 10th? Some people on Verizon's MB claim that there order has been processed, shipped, and is currently in transit. I never got my shipping conformation, nor was I billed yet, so I don't know how true these claims are. I would definitely hate being a Verizon customer service rep on the 10th because activating all these phones on the same day WILL be a nightmare.

20 of 29 (860 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 5:19:47 AM
(0)
Master

I've yet to see a definitive statement about Voice Over Rev. A (VORA), the technology that is supposed to allow for simultaneous voice & data over Verizon.  I've read that it's supposed to be implemented this year, but I don't know anything about whether the current lineup of phones will support this...if it's a firmware/software tweak for existing phones, going to require new hardware, etc.  Then again, I also really don't care.

wingrider01 wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

browski wrote:

Who's laughing now AT&T?

I've yet to see a definitive statement about Voice Over Rev. A (VORA), the technology that is supposed to allow for simultaneous voice & data over Verizon.  I've read that it's supposed to be implemented this year, but I don't know anything about whether the current lineup of phones will support this...if it's a firmware/software tweak for existing phones, going to require new hardware, etc.  Then again, I also really don't care.

wingrider01 wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

browski wrote:

Who's laughing now AT&T?

21 of 29 (944 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 7:27:15 AM
(0)
Professor

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

browski wrote:

Who's laughing now AT&T?

AT&T has been laughing all the way to the bank in the 3 1/2 years that they have had exclusive control of the iPhone, including making money off the suckers who hate AT&T but felt compelled to stay with them just because they absolutely positively HAD to have an iPhone.  They knew that one day the exclusitivity would end and I'm sure they are prepared for it.  Besides, AT&T will still sell a lot of iPhones because for many people 1)  AT&T service is better in the areas they use than Verizon, 2) CDMA phones have limited use outside the US, and 3) some people want simultaneous voice and data.

I know some people fantasize that the announcement of a Verizon iPhone means that 80-90% of AT&T iPhone users will go over the Verizon, and that AT&T will subsequently collapse of their own inner rottenness, but that's not going to happen.  Not even close.

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

browski wrote:

Who's laughing now AT&T?

AT&T has been laughing all the way to the bank in the 3 1/2 years that they have had exclusive control of the iPhone, including making money off the suckers who hate AT&T but felt compelled to stay with them just because they absolutely positively HAD to have an iPhone.  They knew that one day the exclusitivity would end and I'm sure they are prepared for it.  Besides, AT&T will still sell a lot of iPhones because for many people 1)  AT&T service is better in the areas they use than Verizon, 2) CDMA phones have limited use outside the US, and 3) some people want simultaneous voice and data.

I know some people fantasize that the announcement of a Verizon iPhone means that 80-90% of AT&T iPhone users will go over the Verizon, and that AT&T will subsequently collapse of their own inner rottenness, but that's not going to happen.  Not even close.

22 of 29 (918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 9:05:34 AM
(0)
Expert

Thanks for the laughs!  And they use Lithium for their forums, too?  Do they copy everything ATT does? Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the laughs!  And they use Lithium for their forums, too?  Do they copy everything ATT does? Smiley Very Happy

23 of 29 (901 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 12:35:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

spd2demun wrote:

It seems like it... Smiley Wink But I hate how their Forum is set up. It's a lot different from the AT&T ones. In order to reply on this Forum through mobile devices (iPod Touch), I have to use the "HTML" option. They don't even have that option over there, so there's no way for me to post there... Smiley Indifferent Not that I'd really want to, anyway... Smiley Wink

spd2demun wrote:

It seems like it... Smiley Wink But I hate how their Forum is set up. It's a lot different from the AT&T ones. In order to reply on this Forum through mobile devices (iPod Touch), I have to use the "HTML" option. They don't even have that option over there, so there's no way for me to post there... Smiley Indifferent Not that I'd really want to, anyway... Smiley Wink

24 of 29 (872 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 1:11:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
It doesn't seem like they moderate their forum well, either. They desperately need to combine similar threads into one. T-Mobile does this well. I think that Verizon is trying to build hype with leaving all those threads open.
It doesn't seem like they moderate their forum well, either. They desperately need to combine similar threads into one. T-Mobile does this well. I think that Verizon is trying to build hype with leaving all those threads open.

25 of 29 (856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 7:13:54 AM
(0)
Professor

He He.  All of the same old shipping complaints.  Why haven't I gotten my shipping notice?  How come people who ordered after me have already gotten their tracking number?  How come my tracking number doesn't work?  Same old stuff.

Just goes to show you, nothing is really different elsewhere.

He He.  All of the same old shipping complaints.  Why haven't I gotten my shipping notice?  How come people who ordered after me have already gotten their tracking number?  How come my tracking number doesn't work?  Same old stuff.

Just goes to show you, nothing is really different elsewhere.

26 of 29 (811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 9:18:20 AM
(0)
Professor
Unfortunately, common sense ain't so common.

Some folks need to experience things in order to see what's what. Others already know issues, problems, shortcomings etc., can and do happen with any business.

When a customer has a problem with a particular issue, it's easy to become unrealistically, singularly focused on it. If the response to that issue is deemed as unsatisfactory, some folks lose -- or in some cases never had -- their sense of objectivity, and look at other companies as perfect. None are.

Some, as we're witnessing now, have to learn that the hard way.

Unfortunately, common sense ain't so common.

Some folks need to experience things in order to see what's what. Others already know issues, problems, shortcomings etc., can and do happen with any business.

When a customer has a problem with a particular issue, it's easy to become unrealistically, singularly focused on it. If the response to that issue is deemed as unsatisfactory, some folks lose -- or in some cases never had -- their sense of objectivity, and look at other companies as perfect. None are.

Some, as we're witnessing now, have to learn that the hard way.

27 of 29 (789 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 2:14:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
It's pure chaos over there. I was over there about an hour ago - there's much more than just "wailing and gnashing of teeth". There's a bunch of people complaining, blah, blah, blah.

Verizon's Forum is not moderated well... I've seen some words that have somehow managed to evade the word filter, and the posters there are just flat out rude. The "tagging" option is being misused...posters have gotten away with outrageous tags, not even relative to the subject.

Can't say I'd want to be there right now...that's why I logged out. Smiley Wink I hate the way their Forum is set up, anyway.

Their Apple board is just as busy as this one was back in July..."where's my iPhone, this is not fair, I don't like it." I don't even want to look at it.

Yikes. I just thought I'd come back here to "report".

It's pure chaos over there. I was over there about an hour ago - there's much more than just "wailing and gnashing of teeth". There's a bunch of people complaining, blah, blah, blah.

Verizon's Forum is not moderated well... I've seen some words that have somehow managed to evade the word filter, and the posters there are just flat out rude. The "tagging" option is being misused...posters have gotten away with outrageous tags, not even relative to the subject.

Can't say I'd want to be there right now...that's why I logged out. Smiley Wink I hate the way their Forum is set up, anyway.

Their Apple board is just as busy as this one was back in July..."where's my iPhone, this is not fair, I don't like it." I don't even want to look at it.

Yikes. I just thought I'd come back here to "report".

28 of 29 (722 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 4:45:18 PM
(0)
Professor

I guess it shows that people are the same everywhere.  Verizon customer, Apple customer, AT&T customer, we're all the same.  There are always going to be some people who complain about anything that doesn't go their way.

I guess it shows that people are the same everywhere.  Verizon customer, Apple customer, AT&T customer, we're all the same.  There are always going to be some people who complain about anything that doesn't go their way.

29 of 29 (701 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments