AT&T Announces Atrix Release Date and Pricing???

Scholar

AT&T Announces Atrix Release Date and Pricing???

[ Edited ]

Wow!

I hope this isn't true...

AT&T CMO David Christopher talks Android, Atrix pricing - Google 24/7 - Fortune Tech

Bad move if it is.

If this is the announcement it looks like AT&T/Moto are begging people to buy the Inspire instead. Feb 13/$99 is gold compared to this.

Message 1 of 5 (1,158 Views)
Professor

Re: AT&T Announces Atrix Release Date and Pricing???

das8nt wrote:

Wow!

I hope this isn't true...

AT&T CMO David Christopher talks Android, Atrix pricing - Google 24/7 - Fortune Tech

Bad move if it is.

If this is the announcement it looks like AT&T/Moto are begging people to buy the Inspire instead. Feb 13/$99 is gold compared to this.

The Atrix will be a better phone than the Inspire. It will be a little bigger with better screen resolution, have a dual core processor with a bigger battery, and have a better camera. It would probably be worth the extra $100. I will be looking at jumping to Android with one of these new upcoming phones. Since I will be buying at a non contract price, I will probably go with the Inspire. I'm expecting the Inspire to retail around $499, while my expectations for the Atrix are a much steeper $699 to $799. I see no point in investing that much in the Atrix when it will become obsolete by the end of year. Without out a doubt, AT&T will most likely not update the operating system and you will not be able to get LTE speeds with it once LTE is deployed.

Message 2 of 5 (1,110 Views)
Professor

My bad, actually the Inspire is slightly larger and will have the better camera of the two. Head to head and pricing wise, I'm seeing the Inspire as much more attractive. The Atrix with the dock would have been nice, but it looks like the usual AT&T greed took over.

Message 3 of 5 (1,043 Views)
Scholar

I would have put myself in the top 10% of people excited about the release of the Atrix. That was yesterday.

The dock pricing and requirement of the Tethering plan to be able to use the Laptop dock (Firefox) has reduced my excitement for this phone nearly to the point that I'm considering not getting it at all and picking up the lesser phone out of spite. I refuse to pay an additional $20/ a month for tethering when I'm only using the phone the way it was designed, which was for the webtop interface. That is on top of having to shell out just as much money as I paid for my last laptop for their 'laptop' to consist of only a shell, screen, battery, keyboard and trackpad. That just can't make sense. Sure, you'll probably be able to get the laptop dock elsewhere for less, but then you're going to be forced into the tethering plan?? Bad move AT&T. You're alienating a lot of potential buyers with this decision.

Message 4 of 5 (1,035 Views)
Scholar

Very well said. Ditto.
Message 5 of 5 (991 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.