Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 2, 2011
11:55:42 PM
View profile
APPS functioning on EDGE

Hi: Will there be a problem running apps on an unlocked smartphone that only picks up "G" and "Edge" ? I am interested in the weather widgets and some of the games from the apps store, but am unsure if they would work if I downloaded them...

Hi: Will there be a problem running apps on an unlocked smartphone that only picks up "G" and "Edge" ? I am interested in the weather widgets and some of the games from the apps store, but am unsure if they would work if I downloaded them...

APPS functioning on EDGE

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2011 5:28:35 PM
(0)
Master
They should work, just really sloooow. At least the parts that use the Internet.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
They should work, just really sloooow. At least the parts that use the Internet.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

Re: APPS functioning on EDGE

2 of 3 (215 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 4:45:02 AM
(0)
Professor

Anndroid154 is right! They will still work as long as you have service connection, whetehr its edge to wifi (lol i typed wif"e"!)  I live in an area that was "EDGE" for years, now i am picking up hsdpa.  But when I would turn off my wi-fi and use an app that required internet connection, it still worked... slower than normal, but worked.

I am not sure about the latest version of Android Market but 2 or 3 mods back, it used to kick in my data service just to load the market, as if overriding wi-fi.  It still navigated rather nicely even it was a slight slower than normal.

Anndroid154 is right! They will still work as long as you have service connection, whetehr its edge to wifi (lol i typed wif"e"!)  I live in an area that was "EDGE" for years, now i am picking up hsdpa.  But when I would turn off my wi-fi and use an app that required internet connection, it still worked... slower than normal, but worked.

I am not sure about the latest version of Android Market but 2 or 3 mods back, it used to kick in my data service just to load the market, as if overriding wi-fi.  It still navigated rather nicely even it was a slight slower than normal.

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

Re: APPS functioning on EDGE

3 of 3 (200 Views)