ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Professor

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Share your android app experience with others.  Have you found the absolute must-have tool and recommend it to others? How about apps you sampled and would never install on your android phone? Looking for something that you can't find in the android market "or" amazon appstore?   Reply with your personal experience to the following bullet items and share any additional comments and thoughts.

Smiley MSN Emoticon alien bot 045.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon bot 192.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon space critter 047.gif

Message 1 of 401
Professor

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Hmmm, iv never thought about it, but i can see the practical usage.. I will give it some ponder'n. Hey i like androidcentral . You caused me to get bitten by that site, so i set up an account... See if u can find me Smiley Wink

Re LTE.. Yay Texas. Something has happened ith our services, tbats for sure. My co..e,tions have been steady, smooth and no probs for awhile now. This is with and without wifi. Hats off to my mama bell. Hope is a prelude to whats to come for all of us'es.
Message 106 of 401
Master

Hehe All of those cities already have VZW 4G LTE.

It will be interesting to compare speeds when they are both up and running.

Does androidcentral.com have their own application on the Market? Hmmm... I think I will have to check.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 107 of 401
Professor

Thats a great idea to begin comparing speed,etc once we are all set. Good question about androidcentral app! Let me know if you locate one. I know appbrain does but i really dont trust linking my android market info to an external site. Adds another layer of vunerability. You know V got those mothershis hovering over ajor cities, preparing to release "red rain" simultaneously just before they rool the air.
Message 108 of 401
Master

Did someone turn into a Czar? I know who, RicoLX!
Message 109 of 401
Professor

Woooooo hooowoo HOO! (said with emphasis Smiley Very Happy ).... I didnt notice the change until WB told me .. Way cool
Message 110 of 401
Master

I suppose I will accept the credit that you have given me... Smiley Wink

Congrats!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 111 of 401
Professor

Yep i ddnt see it change, Buddy WB, i wouldnt habe seen it till tomorrow. Smiley Very Happy
Message 112 of 401
Professor

ANDROID APP: PERMISSIONS DENIED (Control what apps can access on your device)

PERMISSIONS DENIED

Take back control of what apps can access on your device!

This app is great for taking control of what your apps can have access to on your android device.  This app displays everything you have installed,

• shows the total number of prmissions found for an app (example; 10 total permissions for  app; Back My Tones)
  • displays count of "active" permissions for the app (i.e. 7)
  • displays count of ''disabled' permission you've set for the app (i.e. 3)

How it Works:

• run  PERMISSIONS DENIED
  • View list of all installed apps
  • Touch an app (i.e. Back My tones to reveal details for each permission this app has access)
  • Touch one of the permissions to either turn off or on the permission
  • Touch and set each permission to your preference

*Note:

You will need rooted access to system files for your selections to disable permissions to work.

BUT this app still runs on unrooted devices and very useful for app detail info (quick view the developer, count of permisssions, much clearer description for each permission than what you see on the market installation screen)

Message 113 of 401
Professor

Re: ANDROID APP: PERMISSIONS DENIED (Control what apps can access on your device)

I would be very careful about disabling permissions for apps. You could easily be disabling certain functions of the app or the app altogether. A while back, I found an app in the market just for viewing permissions for someone that is not rooted, "Apps by Permission".

Message 114 of 401
Professor

Yes, a vtery cautionary step to make when doing so. Even bloat apps could be tiedvinto the OS system functions to where, disabling might freeze the device. Smiley Surprised
Message 115 of 401
Master

My new applicatiorn for the week is Mapquest Maps. They similar to Google Maps, but have a couple of added benefits. The application had some street names where Google Maps didn't and I am liking the filter for certain types of businesses.

Second application for the week. AAA Roadside. I had this for a short time on the other phone, but had removed it for space. Finally got around to installing it again. It seems AAA has added to their number of Apps in the Market since I had the original application on my phone.
Message 116 of 401
Professor

Wow, i forgot all about mapquest. i'd like to check it out. do you have the market link ? I have tried searching for it but cant get mapquest to come up. Hmmm, another neat one (AAA Roadside Assistance). Definitely will see what this has to offer! Smiley Wink
Message 117 of 401
Master

Message 118 of 401
Master

I hear that there is going to be a update to Angry Birds soon to give everyone a new level.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/06/new-angry-birds-mine-and-dine-episode-on-the-way/
Message 119 of 401
Professor

Droid Life has really interesting articles. I like the link. Thanks for the AAA link. I found why it was not finding the apps when searching. My arket app default settings got reset. I had to manually change the settings to display all, and then were aboe to search and get aaa and mapquest
Message 120 of 401
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support