Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 31, 2011
3:28:14 AM
View profile
ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have
Edited by RicoLX on Mar 31, 2011 at 4:06:16 AM

Share your android app experience with others.  Have you found the absolute must-have tool and recommend it to others? How about apps you sampled and would never install on your android phone? Looking for something that you can't find in the android market "or" amazon appstore?   Reply with your personal experience to the following bullet items and share any additional comments and thoughts.

Smiley MSN Emoticon alien bot 045.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon bot 192.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon space critter 047.gif

Share your android app experience with others.  Have you found the absolute must-have tool and recommend it to others? How about apps you sampled and would never install on your android phone? Looking for something that you can't find in the android market "or" amazon appstore?   Reply with your personal experience to the following bullet items and share any additional comments and thoughts.

Smiley MSN Emoticon alien bot 045.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon bot 192.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon space critter 047.gif

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

[ Edited ]
400 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(400)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 12:47:00 PM
(0)
Master

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

211 of 401 (647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 2:21:19 PM
(0)
Professor
Lolx2 thats drooling for sure, buddy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink
Lolx2 thats drooling for sure, buddy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

212 of 401 (641 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 5:16:00 PM
(0)
Expert

OK, I guess we can dare to say we know that isn't ATT's. Smiley Very Happy

OK, I guess we can dare to say we know that isn't ATT's. Smiley Very Happy

213 of 401 (630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 7:56:46 PM
(0)
Master
Yep! I was not expecting to see it where I live. The screenshot was from my home. I was expecting it where I work today.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Yep! I was not expecting to see it where I live. The screenshot was from my home. I was expecting it where I work today.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

214 of 401 (625 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 8:00:55 PM
(0)
Professor
Expexting wbat? Do tell
Expexting wbat? Do tell

215 of 401 (621 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 8:11:52 PM
(0)
Master

RicoLX wrote:
Expexting wbat? Do tell
Verizon's "4G LTE" signal/service. I'm wondering if it's classified as REAL "4G". Until then, I will continue to put "4G" in quotation marks.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

RicoLX wrote:
Expexting wbat? Do tell
Verizon's "4G LTE" signal/service. I'm wondering if it's classified as REAL "4G". Until then, I will continue to put "4G" in quotation marks.

216 of 401 (617 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 8:15:11 PM
(0)
Master
The high speed went officially live in the largest metro in my state today. My home is not considered part of the same metro area so I was not expecting it. Plus my home is part of the area where Verizon technically doesn't exist because of the Alltel/Verizon merger. The former Verizon towers are now ATT towers. The Alltel is the same area hasn't begun its transition to Verizon yet, but hopefully soon.
The high speed went officially live in the largest metro in my state today. My home is not considered part of the same metro area so I was not expecting it. Plus my home is part of the area where Verizon technically doesn't exist because of the Alltel/Verizon merger. The former Verizon towers are now ATT towers. The Alltel is the same area hasn't begun its transition to Verizon yet, but hopefully soon.

217 of 401 (616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 8:20:38 PM
(0)
Master

Wild Banchi wrote:

RicoLX wrote:
Expexting wbat? Do tell
I believe that LTE was officially classified as 4G long before HSPDA+ ("4G") was. The speeds are a significant jump from the 3G on at least my network.

Wild Banchi wrote:

RicoLX wrote:
Expexting wbat? Do tell
I believe that LTE was officially classified as 4G long before HSPDA+ ("4G") was. The speeds are a significant jump from the 3G on at least my network.

218 of 401 (613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 8:22:21 PM
(0)
Professor
Oh cool, the V rolled out over double the citis and metros than Att did. But I am glad I was part of atts recent upgrade. I can actually browse, etc without using my home dsl wifi. And of course, spd, at work in the Galleria area, its total 4g "Lte" which is no more than HSDPA+

I like what wb posted.... Currently we are experiencing whats called the "backhaul"
Oh cool, the V rolled out over double the citis and metros than Att did. But I am glad I was part of atts recent upgrade. I can actually browse, etc without using my home dsl wifi. And of course, spd, at work in the Galleria area, its total 4g "Lte" which is no more than HSDPA+

I like what wb posted.... Currently we are experiencing whats called the "backhaul"

219 of 401 (611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 8:28:10 PM
(0)
Master
Backhaul, schmackhaul. As smartphone customers, we should be getting the REAL deal. Smiley Indifferent

Backhaul, schmackhaul. As smartphone customers, we should be getting the REAL deal. Smiley Indifferent

220 of 401 (609 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2011 4:51:19 AM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

AYYYYMEN bro WB!

Wild Banchi wrote:

AYYYYMEN bro WB!

221 of 401 (689 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2011 5:52:43 AM
(0)
Master
Interesting application for the day.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.openbuildings.buildings

222 of 401 (684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2011 9:02:36 AM
(0)
Master

Ann154 wrote:

Agreed. It should come in handy for the people who like to travel places and explore new things. Perhaps I'll take a look at this when we go to Florida for Spring Break next year. Of course, we never leave the beach anyway... Smiley Wink

Ann154 wrote:

Agreed. It should come in handy for the people who like to travel places and explore new things. Perhaps I'll take a look at this when we go to Florida for Spring Break next year. Of course, we never leave the beach anyway... Smiley Wink

223 of 401 (681 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2011 3:35:07 PM
(0)
Professor
Now, I certainly DO like this app. I started out my career in drafting and architecturall design. I was the original "Ted Mosby" I used to take pictures of old bldgs and structures. Thanks Ann(droid154)
Now, I certainly DO like this app. I started out my career in drafting and architecturall design. I was the original "Ted Mosby" I used to take pictures of old bldgs and structures. Thanks Ann(droid154)

224 of 401 (674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2011 4:02:54 PM
(0)
Master

RicoLX wrote:

I knew there was a reason I liked your posts. I take an interest in architecture too. I took this picture in Des Moines, IA last year.

RicoLX wrote:

I knew there was a reason I liked your posts. I take an interest in architecture too. I took this picture in Des Moines, IA last year.

225 of 401 (667 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2011 3:16:13 AM
(0)
Expert

Not to stray OT, but can you buy Apps for Droids from a main store (like iTunes for iPhone)?  Or are the Apps restricted by carrier?

Not to stray OT, but can you buy Apps for Droids from a main store (like iTunes for iPhone)?  Or are the Apps restricted by carrier?

226 of 401 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2011 4:29:39 AM
(0)
Master
It is Android and not Droid. DROID is licensed by VZW from LucasFilm for some of their Android Devices.

You can buy or install (the free ones) for any Android phone from the the Android Market. The carriers can restrict you from seeing certain applications, mostly ones that go against their terms of service like the tethering applications. The developers can also select which devices are compatible with their own application. For example, phones running android 2.1 and lower can't install a newer version of the gmail application. AT&T applications like Mark the Spot and ATT Navigator available on the Market can't be installed on devices from T-Mobile, Sprint, VZW, etc. SwiftKey for Tablets can only be seen on tablet devices and not on phones.

You can also use the Amazon App Store for your purchase and installation of applications. There are also some other third party app stores, but I'm not familiar with them.
It is Android and not Droid. DROID is licensed by VZW from LucasFilm for some of their Android Devices.

You can buy or install (the free ones) for any Android phone from the the Android Market. The carriers can restrict you from seeing certain applications, mostly ones that go against their terms of service like the tethering applications. The developers can also select which devices are compatible with their own application. For example, phones running android 2.1 and lower can't install a newer version of the gmail application. AT&T applications like Mark the Spot and ATT Navigator available on the Market can't be installed on devices from T-Mobile, Sprint, VZW, etc. SwiftKey for Tablets can only be seen on tablet devices and not on phones.

You can also use the Amazon App Store for your purchase and installation of applications. There are also some other third party app stores, but I'm not familiar with them.

227 of 401 (660 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2011 5:59:30 AM
(0)
Professor
You can also "root" your device and open up t ok more features. Ann(droid154), tell spd about the app that lets you oberride tethering restrictions.
You can also "root" your device and open up t ok more features. Ann(droid154), tell spd about the app that lets you oberride tethering restrictions.

228 of 401 (657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2011 10:19:27 AM
(0)
Professor
Ann(droid154 ) that is a great photo! Did you take that with the cellular cam? I,should see if I can locate some and post
Ann(droid154 ) that is a great photo! Did you take that with the cellular cam? I,should see if I can locate some and post

229 of 401 (652 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2011 11:02:53 AM
(0)
Master
I think I took it with the Droid Eris.

I have to downsize the pictures to post on here. There is one of a bridge I took with the Tbolt uploaded to my Gallery on my "other" home.

Plus the ones I sent you of CWS opening night, were taken with the Tbolt.

I have to downsize the pictures to post on here. There is one of a bridge I took with the Tbolt uploaded to my Gallery on my "other" home.

230 of 401 (650 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2011 4:26:40 AM
(0)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:

Wow, and very colorful too. id like to see the other one.  I am looking for some i had taken (with camera, not my trusty T.E.D.) and transfer some structures here.

Ann154 wrote:

Wow, and very colorful too. id like to see the other one.  I am looking for some i had taken (with camera, not my trusty T.E.D.) and transfer some structures here.

231 of 401 (668 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2011 4:35:21 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Aug 24, 2011 at 4:45:01 AM

Ann(droid154) have you seen the latest Android Market Release version 3.13?  Its got an even nicer layout then the last release thats only a  month or so old.

There's a link here regarding the com.android.vending.3.13.apk.  Aside from the new layout, you can now 'password' your downloads'.  For those who want to control what others (kids) install onto their androids, you can now set the account where each download/install require a password or pin.

Some other nice updates to the market... Go check it out

Account Change PIN and now include a new Purchase PIN

Ann(droid154) have you seen the latest Android Market Release version 3.13?  Its got an even nicer layout then the last release thats only a  month or so old.

There's a link here regarding the com.android.vending.3.13.apk.  Aside from the new layout, you can now 'password' your downloads'.  For those who want to control what others (kids) install onto their androids, you can now set the account where each download/install require a password or pin.

Some other nice updates to the market... Go check it out

Account Change PIN and now include a new Purchase PIN

New Android Market (Ver 3.13) Release

[ Edited ]
232 of 401 (668 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2011 7:18:18 AM
(0)
Master
I read about that new market version. I haven't had it pushed to my phones yet.

I'm just tickled that the 3.0.27 version pushed itself to my rooted phone without me manually installing it in the last week or so. I wasn't expecting to ever get that version through the ota method on that phone. Smiley Happy Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

I'm just tickled that the 3.0.27 version pushed itself to my rooted phone without me manually installing it in the last week or so. I wasn't expecting to ever get that version through the ota method on that phone. Smiley Happy Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

233 of 401 (655 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2011 3:30:13 PM
(0)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:

yep, i have the latest installed, its  got some nice updates to it. nicer flow and for sure , the extra security level isnt too bad.

Ann154 wrote:

yep, i have the latest installed, its  got some nice updates to it. nicer flow and for sure , the extra security level isnt too bad.

234 of 401 (649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2011 3:32:57 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Aug 24, 2011 at 3:38:51 PM

If you are looking for an app that  Manages your SMS Texts in folders instead of a continued string, check out this FREE app

S M S  - F O L D E R

If you are looking for an app that  Manages your SMS Texts in folders instead of a continued string, check out this FREE app

S M S  - F O L D E R

SMS FOLDER (Android Market App)

[ Edited ]
235 of 401 (649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2011 3:38:14 PM
(0)
Master
I was used to the old way of text messaging conversation like that app, (separate Inbox and Outbox folders) but ever since I bought my Android phone and learned that the threaded view is stock and cannot be removed, I kind of like it better. It took some getting-used to, but it's actually rather convenient. For me, that means no more looking back at my Inbox to see what the last person had said.

If this app would have been brought up earlier, Rico, I definitely would have checked it out. Smiley Tongue

I was used to the old way of text messaging conversation like that app, (separate Inbox and Outbox folders) but ever since I bought my Android phone and learned that the threaded view is stock and cannot be removed, I kind of like it better. It took some getting-used to, but it's actually rather convenient. For me, that means no more looking back at my Inbox to see what the last person had said.

If this app would have been brought up earlier, Rico, I definitely would have checked it out. Smiley Tongue

236 of 401 (645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2011 3:46:22 PM
(0)
Professor
I hear you WB, i like it both ways myself. I tend to load the text via this app when i want to see separate folders and see "only" the ones ive sent out to various people" or when i want to see only the "incoming" messages and not the full string.

But when i am conversing with someone via text, i load the sting'ed format
I hear you WB, i like it both ways myself. I tend to load the text via this app when i want to see separate folders and see "only" the ones ive sent out to various people" or when i want to see only the "incoming" messages and not the full string.

But when i am conversing with someone via text, i load the sting'ed format

237 of 401 (641 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2011 3:53:20 PM
(0)
Master
I loathed the inbox and outbox style. I could never keep track of the conversations I had going. Much happier now Smiley Happy

The only reason I would use it now was to find out how much I sent vs how much I receive.
I loathed the inbox and outbox style. I could never keep track of the conversations I had going. Much happier now Smiley Happy

The only reason I would use it now was to find out how much I sent vs how much I receive.

238 of 401 (637 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2011 3:57:13 PM
(0)
Professor
you SEE, Ann(droid154)... there IS a good use for the old format. right? Id like to see how many went out and coming in. and opening that app does just that even if you dont drill into any of the folders. at least it shows you a count of incoming, outgoing, draft,etc
you SEE, Ann(droid154)... there IS a good use for the old format. right? Id like to see how many went out and coming in. and opening that app does just that even if you dont drill into any of the folders. at least it shows you a count of incoming, outgoing, draft,etc

239 of 401 (635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2011 3:59:35 PM
(0)
Master
No reviews!? I'm going to have to wait before loading that application on my phone.
No reviews!? I'm going to have to wait before loading that application on my phone.

240 of 401 (633 Views)