ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Professor

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

[ Edited ]

Share your android app experience with others.  Have you found the absolute must-have tool and recommend it to others? How about apps you sampled and would never install on your android phone? Looking for something that you can't find in the android market "or" amazon appstore?   Reply with your personal experience to the following bullet items and share any additional comments and thoughts.

Smiley MSN Emoticon alien bot 045.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon bot 192.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon space critter 047.gif

Message 1 of 401 (8,867 Views)
Professor

Re: ANDROID APP: Watch HULU Free on you Android

[ Edited ]

Does anyone have any new or neat apps theyve installed and/or purchased that we could give it a try? Me and my Android looking for something to do this weekend  Smiley Wink

I've read an article earlier today that seem to just been released stating that you can watch Hulu on the android but would require deleting the current flash 10.2 and installing some other branded flash file.

Message 61 of 401 (1,182 Views)
Master

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

This was mentioned at my "other" home. I am thinking of giving it a try.

https://market.android.com/details?id=bt.android.elixir&feature=search_result

Other than that, I guess I haven't needed to load any new apps. It took me six months or more to find the keepers on my phones. Oh! I did buy Launcher Pro Plus last week. Resizable widgets, yumm. Just the thing I wanted for the soon to be Gingered Eris.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 62 of 401 (1,177 Views)
Professor

Yes, I do like the resizable widgets and customizing widget icons with Launcher Pro Plus. I bought the full version too!

Smiley Wink

Message 63 of 401 (1,171 Views)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
This was mentioned at my "other" home. I am thinking of giving it a try.

https://market.android.com/details?id=bt.android.elixir&feature=search_result

Other than that, I guess I haven't needed to load any new apps. It took me six months or more to find the keepers on my phones. Oh! I did buy Launcher Pro Plus last week. Resizable widgets, yumm. Just the thing I wanted for the soon to be Gingered Eris.

This Elixir looks tempting! Going to give it a try today. Read rviewsm more positive than cons.  Hey, do you use Norton Antivirus for Android? Trying to look for an app that alerts and stop a phishing site to load until we click "ok" or something like that?

Message 64 of 401 (1,166 Views)
Master

Not that I have heard of.

I have used Lookout or AVG DroidSercurity for my antivirus protection.
Message 65 of 401 (1,164 Views)
Professor

I have ESSecurity and AntiVirus. Recently installed Lookout to see if I will switch out securities. Norton , so far, is the only one ive niticed that activates and scans a site as it loads... testing if this effects speed of loading a page, but could be worth it if it stop a phish page from loading.
Message 66 of 401 (1,161 Views)
Professor

Re: ANDROID APP: Gallery Excluder

[ Edited ]

GALLERY EXCLUDER A developer posted his latest app on xda-Developers forum that removes and clears all the duplicate and cached pics, icons, jpegs and other items that shows up multiple copies when viewing your Photo Gallery. It cleans up the back end storage folder good. I have installed it on the Streak and ALL of the duplicated pics are gone, only the pics and objects I wanted are remaining. The clutter is removed. Its located in this XDA-Developer discussion [removed third-party link].

Message 67 of 401 (1,150 Views)
Professor

Re: ANDROID APP: CRACKLE (Watch TV episodes)

LM AO (... thats. laughing my android off!!!)Robot Very Happy   I just installed Crackle (the free version) and watched an early episode of Bewitched that I have NEVER seen before.   The kid who plays Will Robinson from Lost In Space starred. He didnt believe in Santa until after spending Xmas with the Stephens' changed his mind.... now WHY didnt that happen to me when "I" was coming up?!? 

Message 68 of 401 (1,130 Views)
Professor

Re: ANDROID APP: MP3 Music Downloader (Free Download)

[ Edited ]

MP3 Music Downloader

(Android Market : over 12,000 downloads and 5 star rating)

Screenshot of MP3 Music Downloader     Screenshot of MP3 Music Downloader

So far, this has been an mp3 app that seem to locate and download quality mp3s I've searched but could not locate using other mp3 apps.   At first I searched for a hard to find song, and it didnt return anything. Pressed refresh a couple times until it located and downloaded the song i was looking for.  Great app for free and does a good job.

Couldnt locate any negative feedback online in othe forums or app reviews (must be some catch for a free app this good! lol)

https://market.android.com/details?id=mp3.music.search7&feature=search_result

Message 69 of 401 (1,100 Views)
Master

That looks very cool! I will definitely have to give it a try! Smiley Very Happy Who knows, this may be the answer to my iPod music onto my Captivate situation. The only problem is...I wonder if Wi-Fi or 3G would need to be a available to play a song(s)?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 70 of 401 (1,090 Views)
Master

Music Beta from Google is also available. Itunes playlists can be uploaded.

http://www.androidcentral.com/music-beta-video-posted-google-no-cables-needed

BTW love this wallpaper!
http://www.androidcentral.com/android-eats-apple-grab-wallpaper
Message 71 of 401 (1,000 Views)
Professor

L ol thanks Ann[droid154] for those links. I must check out google music! And love that walpaper. I downloaded a copy. Smiley Very Happy
Message 72 of 401 (996 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

WB, nope Smiley Wink only goood connection to download then its a local file independent from a proxy. I turned off data and wifi to test.. You cam turn wifi and data off and its 100% local ... Not bad at all.

Message 73 of 401 (988 Views)
Master

Sounds good to me, then! I'd really like to have some music to put on 'ol "Sam II"... Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 74 of 401 (981 Views)
Professor

TED-III got some of 'es favs downloaded. only had one song I couldnt get.
Message 75 of 401 (978 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.