ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Professor

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

[ Edited ]

Share your android app experience with others.  Have you found the absolute must-have tool and recommend it to others? How about apps you sampled and would never install on your android phone? Looking for something that you can't find in the android market "or" amazon appstore?   Reply with your personal experience to the following bullet items and share any additional comments and thoughts.

Smiley MSN Emoticon alien bot 045.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon bot 192.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon space critter 047.gif

Message 1 of 401 (8,905 Views)
Professor

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Wild Banchi wrote:
I think Ringdroid is something that would be helpful to me. I have songs that have my favorite parts in them, but I can never find a ringtone to have exactly that specific part. This would probably work very well.

I'll add this to my download list, as well as Elixir or whatever the name of that other cool app was.

Oh WB, this is the coolest app! You'll find yourself very excited of the customization this app provide.  Anndroid154 mentioned it in a recommendation earlier in the string, but I couldn't locate it or any screenshots posted.  Sorry Anndroid154 if I double posted.  I know we corresponded here a few times about this app because I think we found out that the other uses it.

Hope you don't mind the additional post otherwise..

Message 376 of 401 (1,060 Views)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
+1 on the Ringdroid. Although I am sure I recommended it before here "somewhere".

I don't use it very much myself because I have all the custom ringtones I want already and HTC has a ringtone trimmer built in to their phones.

The one thing I do like about the application is it creates the same folder structure on the SD card that the android system defaults to looking for when loading the ringtones.

Hi Anndroid154, yes you did recommend this app and either I downloaded it after your recommendation or had it and we talked about how useful Ringdroid is.  Ive tried to locate the message number in this folder but couldnt find one with the link back to the market, etc.  So, thought it wouldnt hurt to repost with some screenshots. I wish i could edit the entry but its passed the 15 min window.  I would definitely post your name in the write up

Message 377 of 401 (1,059 Views)
Professor

BUSINESS CALENDAR (call reminder setup)

[ Edited ]

Revisiting

BUSINESS CALENDR (Call Reminder)

I came across the need to schedule call backs at work and needed a way to cut the time looking up the callback number  .  Simply adding the phone number to the BUSINESS CALENDAR Agenda, the scheduled pop-up  reminders displayed on your screen contains the callback number as a hotlink.  Click and call.  No need to browse your Contact List .   

Fig 1: BUSINESS CALENDAR (Pop-up Reminder with call number hot link)

Fig 2: Dial pad activates and call is made.

Post edited: {Personal content removed for your safety}

Message 378 of 401 (1,037 Views)
Master

Message 379 of 401 (1,015 Views)
Master

Very festive, Ann154! Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 380 of 401 (1,010 Views)
Expert

Ann154 wrote:
Hehe!

http://m.androidcentral.com/let-skulls-fly-across-your-screen-halloween-skulls-live-wallpaper

Cool!! It makes me want to get one of those Androids....Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 381 of 401 (1,047 Views)
Tutor

Here are some free apps which I find very useful for my android:

* Where's My Droid - Helps you find a lost phone by texting a keyword to make it ring or make it use GPS to locate it.

* GoLauncher and GoSMS - Customizes the phone interface Smiley Happy

* Advanced Task Killer - kills apps running in the background

* Do it Tomorrow - a  to-do list app

*Kakaotalk - IM app Smiley Happy

Message 382 of 401 (1,029 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Straight from the Androidcentral.com Editors' weekly app reviews and just in time for Halloween. The best part is that one version is FREE!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gentlemandroid.android.CreatureLite
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 383 of 401 (1,018 Views)
Master

Whew! That's creepy! Smiley Very Happy

Message 384 of 401 (1,014 Views)
Master

I have been using this app recently to help track the planet positions in the sky. Jupiter has been exceptionally bright lately.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.stardroid
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 385 of 401 (995 Views)
Expert

Looks cool, Ann154. You're doing a GOOD job at trying to make me get myself an Android Smartphone. Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 386 of 401 (988 Views)
Master

If you do end up giving in Dcookie, Android is definitely the way to go! Smiley Very Happy

Message 387 of 401 (986 Views)
Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:
If you do end up giving in Dcookie, Android is definitely the way to go! Smiley Very Happy

Oh, I KNOW!! I don't want an iPhone. Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 388 of 401 (984 Views)
Master

If you said that to AT&T, Dcookie, they'd think you were with the wrong carrier... Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

Message 389 of 401 (979 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Wild Banchi wrote:
If you said that to AT&T, Dcookie, they'd think you were with the wrong carrier... Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy I like to be able to get at my battery when I want to. Smiley Wink Ya know, it's nice to be able to LOOK at it every now and then..you never know when it's going to go bad, RIGHT?? Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 390 of 401 (977 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.