Ask a question

Posted Mar 31, 2011
3:28:14 AM
View profile
ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Share your android app experience with others.  Have you found the absolute must-have tool and recommend it to others? How about apps you sampled and would never install on your android phone? Looking for something that you can't find in the android market "or" amazon appstore?   Reply with your personal experience to the following bullet items and share any additional comments and thoughts.

Smiley MSN Emoticon alien bot 045.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon bot 192.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon space critter 047.gif

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)
400 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(400)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 12:33:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Okay! I will be sure to when I have more time later tonight or tomorrow!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

361 of 401 (402 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 1:22:46 PM
(0)
Professor

RicoLX wrote:

Ann(droid154) :

How do you like the Elixir App that you've installed and briefly commented on a few months ago ( See Message #62 )?  Does this app track data usage per app such as, say, if i used "Twitter" (which do do not) for a certain period, would Elixir track the amount of data used when this app is activated?  Or is this mainly a resource to track battery usage ?

ELIXIR

Sorry, I never did get a chance to test it out. Smiley Sad The person who brought it up at the "other" home might still be using it, but I would need to search over there for posts mentioning it.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

362 of 401 (398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 8:09:40 AM
(0)
Professor

Anndroid154 wrote:

ELIXIR

Sorry, I never did get a chance to test it out. Smiley Sad The person who brought it up at the "other" home might still be using it, but I would need to search over there for posts mentioning it.

Yes, if you could!  I think this app's got WB's interest too!  Ive downloaded it and see so much info it spits out! but like to see what others have said about it and how its been useful to others.

363 of 401 (394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 9:17:58 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Oct 10, 2011 at 9:31:47 AM

Ok, I took the plunge and purchased the full version of PowerAmp. Its the same full options you get in the 14-day trial version, just an unlock key. It does enhance the sound from my Streak, especially when its connected to computer/stereo speakers or in the aux input in the car... I just got tired of reloading and rescanning album art every 2weeks... Especially when mp3 counts in upwards of 300+ Any other equalizer app anyone recommends?

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer&feature=related_apps

(the home screen widget has a transparent setting , blends into any theme)
.IMG_20111010_075347-1.jpg

.IMG_20111010_075656-1.jpg

.IMG_20111010_074815-1.jpg

.IMG_20111010_075035-1.jpg

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have: POWERAMP (purchased)

[ Edited ]
364 of 401 (385 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:07:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Rico, is this a nice music app? I currently have the MP3 Music Download app on my phone that syncs my downloaded music to my phone's integrated Music Player. I like this app because it's simple to use and all of the music is free.

Does this app - PowerAmp - have any advantages over the other, would you say?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

365 of 401 (372 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:45:59 PM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:
Rico, is this a nice music app? I currently have the MP3 Music Download app on my phone that syncs my downloaded music to my phone's integrated Music Player. I like this app because it's simple to use and all of the music is free.

Does this app - PowerAmp - have any advantages over the other, would you say?

Hey WB, I love MP3 Downloader too! Really meat! Actually found "Tonight Tonight" by Hot Chelle Ray, new somg. Hey if you got it where your music player is already synced, stick with what you are using. I just like tje interface on this app. But u should dowload the trial copy and see if it adds additional layers for you? Smiley Tongue

366 of 401 (367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 3:05:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Okay. I'll test it out and see if I'm interested in buying the paid version.

367 of 401 (362 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 3:33:43 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Oct 11, 2011 at 3:38:59 AM

Buddy, tell me more how you got the Mp3 Music Downloader to sync with yoir stock music layer? I like a setting like that! One thing I do like about PowerAmp is that its an amplifier/equelizer type app. Tons of settings and you can create ringtones from within the app but I like Ringdroid for making ringtones and syste notification sounnds. I lt helps enrich the sound . Adds more crisp, treb/bass to the output.

[ Edited ]
368 of 401 (360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 2:11:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
With the MP3 Music Download application open, I think I remember going to some setting in the Settings that enabled new songs to sync with my phone's stock Music Player. It wasn't very easy, if I remember correctly, but at least I was able to do it. Smiley Happy

369 of 401 (355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 4:24:18 PM
(0)
Professor
I never noticed that option! Let me toy around with my copy of MP3 Donload and see if i can do that! i like that feature!

370 of 401 (350 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 5:33:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Believe me, I do, too. Smiley Wink

371 of 401 (493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 3:58:52 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Oct 12, 2011 at 4:02:51 PM

Ann154 wrote:
Heard of but have not used (a paid application) My Backup Pro

Free app combination
Backup of SMS > sms backup & restore - saves to sd card
There are others that send sms to an email address.
If you want mms messages to be backed up, you will have to go with a paid application.

Estrongs or Astro to backup your applications. Data and settings for the applications won't be saved (Backup Pro is supposed to do this)

Unsure about the call log if there is an individual application. I am sure that there is one out there. Lookout (antivirus app) will backup the call log and is what I currently use.

Anything else you want to backup that hasn't been mentioned?

Anndroid154! Thank you for remembering this posting! Ive added tags to it this time round.  I was searching by tag and just couldnt locate anything.... and here it was on page 1!    I am royally embarassed!!!

bashful1.jpg

[ Edited ]
372 of 401 (486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 9:08:56 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Oct 16, 2011 at 9:16:29 AM

I've found the best ringtone app for the android device is none other than:

R I N G D R O I D

Create your own custom ringtones from mp3s you have saved on your android device. You can also create custom Notification Alerts and assign these to events such as New Message, New Email  and other system alerts performed on your android.

ringdroid1.JPGfreesign.jpg

I've created several "NIFTY" ringtones using the exact portion of the song I wanted by

1. Starting the application

2. Load the mp3 from my library

3. drag the start and end gray sliders to the specific location in the song.

4. Preview and adjust the gray sliders until the prefered clip is highlighted

5. Save (I like saving my custom ringtones with the rt_ prefix ie. rt_Calling All Angels)

This way, it helps group all of my custom ringtones together when viewing in file explorer.

Android Market Rating:

Number of Downloads to-date and 5 Star Overall Rating

ringdroidrating.JPG

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have: RINGDROID RIngtone Maker

[ Edited ]
373 of 401 (465 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 10:07:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
I think Ringdroid is something that would be helpful to me. I have songs that have my favorite parts in them, but I can never find a ringtone to have exactly that specific part. This would probably work very well.

I'll add this to my download list, as well as Elixir or whatever the name of that other cool app was.

374 of 401 (458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 10:13:40 AM
(0)
Professor
+1 on the Ringdroid. Although I am sure I recommended it before here "somewhere".

I don't use it very much myself because I have all the custom ringtones I want already and HTC has a ringtone trimmer built in to their phones.

The one thing I do like about the application is it creates the same folder structure on the SD card that the android system defaults to looking for when loading the ringtones.

375 of 401 (456 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 1:21:00 PM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:
I think Ringdroid is something that would be helpful to me. I have songs that have my favorite parts in them, but I can never find a ringtone to have exactly that specific part. This would probably work very well.

I'll add this to my download list, as well as Elixir or whatever the name of that other cool app was.

Oh WB, this is the coolest app! You'll find yourself very excited of the customization this app provide.  Anndroid154 mentioned it in a recommendation earlier in the string, but I couldn't locate it or any screenshots posted.  Sorry Anndroid154 if I double posted.  I know we corresponded here a few times about this app because I think we found out that the other uses it.

Hope you don't mind the additional post otherwise..

smileyorange.jpg

376 of 401 (454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 1:24:00 PM
(0)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
+1 on the Ringdroid. Although I am sure I recommended it before here "somewhere".

I don't use it very much myself because I have all the custom ringtones I want already and HTC has a ringtone trimmer built in to their phones.

The one thing I do like about the application is it creates the same folder structure on the SD card that the android system defaults to looking for when loading the ringtones.

Hi Anndroid154, yes you did recommend this app and either I downloaded it after your recommendation or had it and we talked about how useful Ringdroid is.  Ive tried to locate the message number in this folder but couldnt find one with the link back to the market, etc.  So, thought it wouldnt hurt to repost with some screenshots. I wish i could edit the entry but its passed the 15 min window.  I would definitely post your name in the write up

377 of 401 (453 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2011 3:41:35 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by pamelaz on Oct 20, 2011 at 9:08:53 AM

Revisiting

BUSINESS CALENDR (Call Reminder)

businesscalendar.JPG

I came across the need to schedule call backs at work and needed a way to cut the time looking up the callback number  .  Simply adding the phone number to the BUSINESS CALENDAR Agenda, the scheduled pop-up  reminders displayed on your screen contains the callback number as a hotlink.  Click and call.  No need to browse your Contact List .   

Fig 1: BUSINESS CALENDAR (Pop-up Reminder with call number hot link)

original (1).jpg

Fig 2: Dial pad activates and call is made.

original.jpg

Post edited: {Personal content removed for your safety}

BUSINESS CALENDAR (call reminder setup)

[ Edited ]
378 of 401 (431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2011 10:55:27 AM
(0)
Professor

379 of 401 (409 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2011 3:28:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Very festive, Ann154! Smiley Very Happy

380 of 401 (404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2011 4:59:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Ann154 wrote:
Hehe!

http://m.androidcentral.com/let-skulls-fly-across-your-screen-halloween-skulls-live-wallpaper

Cool!! It makes me want to get one of those Androids....Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

381 of 401 (441 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 2:38:19 AM
(0)
Tutor

Here are some free apps which I find very useful for my android:

* Where's My Droid - Helps you find a lost phone by texting a keyword to make it ring or make it use GPS to locate it.

* GoLauncher and GoSMS - Customizes the phone interface Smiley Happy

* Advanced Task Killer - kills apps running in the background

* Do it Tomorrow - a  to-do list app

*Kakaotalk - IM app Smiley Happy

382 of 401 (423 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2011 4:41:26 AM
(0)
Professor
Straight from the Androidcentral.com Editors' weekly app reviews and just in time for Halloween. The best part is that one version is FREE!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gentlemandroid.android.CreatureLite

383 of 401 (412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2011 7:28:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Whew! That's creepy! Smiley Very Happy

384 of 401 (408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 2:55:42 PM
(0)
Professor
I have been using this app recently to help track the planet positions in the sky. Jupiter has been exceptionally bright lately.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.stardroid

385 of 401 (389 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 4:00:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Looks cool, Ann154. You're doing a GOOD job at trying to make me get myself an Android Smartphone. Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

386 of 401 (382 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 4:13:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
If you do end up giving in Dcookie, Android is definitely the way to go! Smiley Very Happy

387 of 401 (380 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 4:16:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:
If you do end up giving in Dcookie, Android is definitely the way to go! Smiley Very Happy

Oh, I KNOW!! I don't want an iPhone. Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

388 of 401 (378 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 4:26:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
If you said that to AT&T, Dcookie, they'd think you were with the wrong carrier... Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

389 of 401 (373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2011 4:30:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by Dcookie on Nov 3, 2011 at 4:31:08 PM

Wild Banchi wrote:
If you said that to AT&T, Dcookie, they'd think you were with the wrong carrier... Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy I like to be able to get at my battery when I want to. Smiley Wink Ya know, it's nice to be able to LOOK at it every now and then..you never know when it's going to go bad, RIGHT?? Smiley Wink

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

[ Edited ]
390 of 401 (371 Views)