ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Professor

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

[ Edited ]

Share your android app experience with others.  Have you found the absolute must-have tool and recommend it to others? How about apps you sampled and would never install on your android phone? Looking for something that you can't find in the android market "or" amazon appstore?   Reply with your personal experience to the following bullet items and share any additional comments and thoughts.

Smiley MSN Emoticon alien bot 045.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon bot 192.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon space critter 047.gif

Message 1 of 401 (8,962 Views)
Master

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Rico wanted me to post a great screenshot/screen capture app, so here it is. This is the one I use, and it works great. It's so incredibly simple to just tap the virtual camera lens on the upper left hand corner of my phone than to try and figure out how to to do it manually on my phone pressing the Home and Back buttons numerous times and failing miserably. Smiley Wink

Here it is, everyone - Shortcut Screen Capture Free: https://market.android.com/details?id=jp.tomorrowkey.android.screencaptureshortcutfree&hl=en

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 346 of 401 (1,294 Views)
Professor

Cool app WB! I will give this app a try muself! Soumds really nice!
Message 347 of 401 (1,289 Views)
Mentor

I've got:

-Dam* You AutoCorrect...freakin' hilarious!
-Where's My Droid?
-Smart Transit
-Speed Test
-Zedge
-Live Profile (think BBM for Androids)
-YouTube Remote
-Mr Number (fantastic call blocker!)
-My Shopping List

And Angry Birds, of course! xD
Message 348 of 401 (1,287 Views)
Professor

KittySmurf wrote:
I've got:

-Dam* You AutoCorrect...freakin' hilarious!
-Where's My Droid?
-Smart Transit
-Speed Test
-Zedge
-Live Profile (think BBM for Androids)
-YouTube Remote
-Mr Number (fantastic call blocker!)
-My Shopping List

And Angry Birds, of course! xD

Hi KittySmurf! Whats the first app? What does it do and do you have that link (hehe, got my interest by name alone).

Live Profile:

Ive  been looking for an app that will change certain settings throughout the day so that , say, during business hours, my phone will use a basic 'ringtone' like a simple office phone ringer instead of some of the "cheezy" ringtones i have (hehe)   and if i am in a meeting at a particluar time same time each day, like the profile to go silent, etc.

I am using Sound Manager (I see Anndroid154 has it too)  but it only adjusts the volume controls on a scheduled basis (but not profile driven to include ringtones, etc).

Mr. Number:

Does this app block calls that are "unknown"  or displayed "Private"?

Message 349 of 401 (1,278 Views)
Professor

ANDROID APP: MEMENTO (Portable Database on your Android)

For the Database-type-geeks (like me!)

M E M E N T O

This is a portable database right on your android device! You can create multible databasees to store personal information such as collectibles, purchases , inventories, web links, even MP3! Collections and Ringtones.

You can set a password for  each database for protection!

I recently set up a custom database to track my Ringtones. I name the database, add fields, set the data types for each, even.  Entered my records including attaching the ringtone mp3 to each record entry.  Added a comment field and a auto datetimestamp when i created the ringtone and a date field that autofills when the record was entered to the database.

You can be very creative if you are the database kind. I plan to build a SpeedTest database, set up the approprioate fields to keep a log of my speed tests ! (inspired by none other than Anndroid154!!!)

Check it out:

Message 350 of 401 (1,271 Views)
Highlighted
Master

That application looks interesting and I will keep it in mind if I ever need something like it.

This application also looks intriguing. I wish there was a free version, but the price isn't too bad.

http://m.androidcentral.com/android-app-review-spelling-bee
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 351 of 401 (1,443 Views)
Professor

Youll be amazed at what a portable database can do. I have been looking for a way to do batch imports, or export comma or tab delimited columns but I guess cant have everything. This database app does just about what you would need for its compact portable size!

I have seen Spelling Bee flash across my Market Widget on the home screen! Nice. I too wish it was free.
Message 352 of 401 (1,448 Views)
Professor

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have (GET HUMAN)

[ Edited ]

I was online looking for a number to a company (not AT&T) and came across a site that had exactly what in needed!  I saw where they had an app advertised on their site but never checked it out in the Android Market until now.

GetHuman

Description:

This app provide a quick way to look up phone numbers and other shortcuts to get you to a person for companies you may have to reach! If

Cuts a lot of searching online for numbers, or being placed "on hold" for hours (sometimes even cut off) while someone transfers you from department to department.  This app may have the number you need and cuts out the wait.

Has shortcut codes to put you in touch with a real person (no more automated menu options to select over and over and..)

Email and mailing info also available . 

Not bad for a free app!

Message 353 of 401 (1,432 Views)
Professor

Re: ANDROID APP: Color Note Interactive Notepad

[ Edited ]

RicoLX wrote:

COLOR NOTE 3.0

Interactive notes that lets you paste notes to your screen, or open the app to view and edit all notes.  HTML links supported as well as you can set a password on individual notes to "keep those prying eyes away from some juicy info (heh-heh)"

Click here to go to the market   or click the pic   below for a video demo!

".. best of all!..........

Hey WB! how did that sticky-note widget work on your home screen?

Message 354 of 401 (1,417 Views)
Professor

Re: ANDROID APP: Color Note Interactive Notepad

[ Edited ]

I wonder whats a good data usage app in the market? I have the unlimited plan but want to see my daily usage just to compare to what att will be reporting in months to come, now that theyve thrown in a new twist around our necks to squeeze the unlimited plan out of our grabby hands.

Any suggestions?

Message 355 of 401 (1,401 Views)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
I am going to check this application out more later. Very interesting!

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/12/seven-releases-notification-bar-changer-no-root-required/

Hey Anndroid154, have you checked into this Notification Bar Changer App yet?  Whats your recommendations?

(love that droid life site.. the splash colors on the main screen reminds me of 'chocolate covered cherries...mmm)

Message 356 of 401 (1,393 Views)
Professor

Thanks Anndroid154 for recommending this app!  I have been looking for an app that lets me crop  section or capture the entire web page in a browser!  You are a genius!!!

DOLPHIN SCREEN CUT

(require having Dolphin HD Browser installed)

Message 357 of 401 (1,385 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Ann(droid154) :

How do you like the Elixir App that you've installed and briefly commented on a few months ago ( See Message #62 )?  Does this app track data usage per app such as, say, if i used "Twitter" (which do do not) for a certain period, would Elixir track the amount of data used when this app is activated?  Or is this mainly a resource to track battery usage ?

ELIXIR

Message 358 of 401 (1,366 Views)
Master

The screenshots for this app look like it would be something useful that I would like to use. I'll look for this in the Android Market.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 359 of 401 (1,360 Views)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:
The screenshots for this app look like it would be something useful that I would like to use. I'll look for this in the Android Market.

Me too, WB, i just downloaded and giving it a try! its got lots of info it feeds back to the screen , i mean LOTS.  will keep looking it over.  hey if you get to , post your analysis of it ok?

Message 360 of 401 (1,358 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.