ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Professor

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

[ Edited ]

Share your android app experience with others.  Have you found the absolute must-have tool and recommend it to others? How about apps you sampled and would never install on your android phone? Looking for something that you can't find in the android market "or" amazon appstore?   Reply with your personal experience to the following bullet items and share any additional comments and thoughts.

Smiley MSN Emoticon alien bot 045.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon bot 192.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon space critter 047.gif

Message 1 of 401 (8,822 Views)
Master

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

See!?

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 331 of 401 (1,271 Views)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:

See!?

WOW thats odd! I see what you are saying.  have you relogged back onto the market to see if an additional update was there?  I did last night and there was another one. I am guessing the developer hd to do a quick fix (ironic timing since your post).   

Also, what happens when you uninstall and roll back to a backup copy before the updates?

Better yet, what happens if you uninstall then reinstall direct from the market again?

Message 332 of 401 (1,267 Views)
Master

I will try uninstalling and reinstall later. I need to export all of my test results out of the application first. I don't change servers often so I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it.
Message 333 of 401 (1,266 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Yup, after seeing that white blank space where a scrolling list of server location should appear was an eyeopener. Anxious to see what the cause is and what resolves it. You are exporting your test results? You are keeping a running log of your speed tests? Ive been deleting them... I guess i should start saving/archiving them. thanks!

How are you exporting the log?  I can only see an email option (one by one)?

Message 334 of 401 (1,264 Views)
Master

Speedtest.net responded quickly to my email and and have notified me that a bug fix will be released on the Market shortly. Smiley Happy Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy
Message 335 of 401 (1,252 Views)
Master

In the results tab, press menu and then export results to csv and email. It only grabs the top 100 results so if you have more you have to export the first 100, delete those 100 and export the next 100.

Rinse and repeat...

Yes I have started keeping a running excel file with my results. Both to see the differences in speeds vs connection and a chance to learn how to work with Office 2007 at home.
Message 336 of 401 (1,251 Views)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
Speedtest.net responded quickly to my email and and have notified me that a bug fix will be released on the Market shortly. Smiley Happy Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy
WOW! Smiley Happy Talk about CLOUT! Somebody got some serious " pull" who I know, im not naming names! Smiley Wink Please let me know when the modification hits the market! I too, will download the Android154 initiated update!

"Rinse and Repeat", haha, I likes! I will do just that right now!
Message 337 of 401 (1,249 Views)
Master

I think it is available now Speedtest.net 2.0.5 version.
Message 338 of 401 (1,242 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Great, Anndroid154! I am going to go give it a go! I cant wait to see your screenshots where its working for you!
Message 339 of 401 (1,240 Views)
Professor

Anndroid154! i see the updaet on the market as we speak (well, type).. I just read a very recent review whre someone is asking why so many updates... lol, i sent my review to follow up with saying i know someone who... and the developer followup was prompt, and accurate.    lemme know when you see my review on the product in the market!  

Message 340 of 401 (1,237 Views)
Professor

hmmm, looks like a 'rollback' to a prior copy of the app. i guess they pulled what ever update they made to it yesterday and placed a prior version out there to fix what your device revealed. let me know if whats out there now workes on your phone. hmmmm.
Message 341 of 401 (1,312 Views)
Master

I don't see your review yet.

Message 342 of 401 (1,310 Views)
Professor

Hmmm, i wonder if online reviews gets posted later than reviews submited from the device? Let me log back on and see (ive downloaded from the computer this time instead of my phone). do you see a comment from an "alex" as recent as today asking why so many app updates?
Message 343 of 401 (1,307 Views)
Master

"Data Thief" Alex?
Message 344 of 401 (1,305 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Yep, the rascal... no wait! Data Thief Alex is not me! lol, i posted after he did to  say i know somone who prompted the recent modification. u see it yet?

Message 345 of 401 (1,300 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.