Ask a question

Posted Mar 31, 2011
3:28:14 AM
View profile
ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Share your android app experience with others.  Have you found the absolute must-have tool and recommend it to others? How about apps you sampled and would never install on your android phone? Looking for something that you can't find in the android market "or" amazon appstore?   Reply with your personal experience to the following bullet items and share any additional comments and thoughts.

Smiley MSN Emoticon alien bot 045.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon bot 192.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon space critter 047.gif

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)
400 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(400)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2011 1:41:26 PM
(0)
Professor
I may have "just" installed the version you mentioned Ann(DROID154), its a coincidence you post that when I was updating my googlemap app Smiley Very Happy

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

151 of 401 (488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2011 4:44:21 PM
(0)
Professor
The Weather Channel has improved the User Interface for its application.

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.weather.Weather
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

152 of 401 (475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 3:18:44 AM
(0)
Professor
I am not entirely sure how, but I have Teddy back as my Avatar!

If you don't have a built in Ringtone Trimmer, I have used this one and it worked well. The bonus, the application creates and the default folder structure that the Android OS prefers.

153 of 401 (470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 8:53:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
I noticed Teddy in a Samsung/Android-related thread this morning not too long ago! He must be "grandfathered" because you saved "him" to your uploaded images?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

154 of 401 (465 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 9:23:53 AM
(0)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
I am not entirely sure how, but I have Teddy back as my Avatar!

If you don't have a built in Ringtone Trimmer, I have used this one and it worked well. The bonus, the application creates and the default folder structure that the Android OS prefers.
Oops! I had meant to post a link to Ringdroid. Oh well. Smiley Sad

155 of 401 (457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 1:15:58 PM
(0)
Professor
WB, he was an uploaded image. Smiley Surprised However it happened, I'm glad to have Teddy back. Bugdroid was okay, but Teddy is better. Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

156 of 401 (450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 1:25:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ann154 wrote:
Bugdroid was okay, but Teddy is better. Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy
I'm going to have to agree with that. Smiley Tongue I wonder where RicoLX has been?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

157 of 401 (445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 4:47:47 PM
(0)
Professor
Don't know. I hope there is rain in RicoLX's future.

158 of 401 (439 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 7:39:57 PM
(0)
Professor
Hey guys, been sick..will have to rejoin you all and catch up when feeling better. I think its food poisoning....

159 of 401 (432 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 10:06:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Oh no... Not the Nachos Bel Grande from Taco Bell! Smiley Surprised

I knew it! Smiley Wink

160 of 401 (430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2011 10:59:21 AM
(0)
Professor
Feel better, RicoLX. Smiley Happy

161 of 401 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2011 9:45:32 AM
(0)
Mentor

I liked these games:

Golf Solitare.  Card game but with a  golf theme. (paid ver $1.99) Each hand is a "hole" that has a "par"

set - 3 for 3 cards left 2 for 2 cards left. You play Golf solitaire (easy game - play cards seqentially) After each hole, if you have done well, you get applause. If you have a bunch of cards left, you get a crowd grown.

Fun Putt Deluxe Mini Golf.  miniture golf game. Graphics aren't much but it's fun.

Labyrinth lite - free- Like the wooden labyrinth game with the little silver ball, controlled by dials on the sides. You rotate the phone around to to tilt the course and negotiate the labyrinth.  Probably won't get the paid version because its in foreign currency.Don't know what kind of charge my bank would charge tor currency conversion.

Solitaire MegaPack - a group of card games including my favs Spider &  Freecell

162 of 401 (473 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2011 9:52:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Nan2007 wrote:

I liked these games:

Golf Solitare.  Card game but with a  golf theme. (paid ver $1.99) Each hand is a "hole" that has a "par"

set - 3 for 3 cards left 2 for 2 cards left. You play Golf solitaire (easy game - play cards seqentially) After each hole, if you have done well, you get applause. If you have a bunch of cards left, you get a crowd grown.

Fun Putt Deluxe Mini Golf.  miniture golf game. Graphics aren't much but it's fun.

Labyrinth lite - free- Like the wooden labyrinth game with the little silver ball, controlled by dials on the sides. You rotate the phone around to to tilt the course and negotiate the labyrinth.  Probably won't get the paid version because its in foreign currency.Don't know what kind of charge my bank would charge tor currency conversion.

Solitaire MegaPack - a group of card games including my favs Spider &  Freecell

Sounds interesting enough. I'm guessing that you're a fan of golf and card games? Smiley Wink Labyrinth Lite sounds especially fun to me. Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy

163 of 401 (470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2011 11:23:49 AM
(0)
Professor
If you like golf games, you'll love the 131 mb piece of bloatware on my phone. If I could remove it I would.

164 of 401 (465 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2011 9:07:20 AM
(0)
Professor
The latest version of SwiftKey X keyboard is out of beta and available as a update to users who previously purchased SwiftKey and is selling for a reduced price for new users!

165 of 401 (458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2011 1:44:53 PM
(0)
Professor
Cool, what are some updates in the new Swiftkey release?

166 of 401 (452 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2011 5:45:11 PM
(0)
Professor
RicoLX! Feeling better?

Keyboard theming, dark, light, and neon

The prediction learning introduced in the beta

It can learn from your gmail, facebook and twitter accounts if you wish

Support for three languages at the same time

167 of 401 (449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2011 10:56:02 AM
(0)
Scholar

So, I'm running the following apps on my Motorola Atrix.

Audio & Video

Doggcatcher, Netflix, Google Music Beta, Youtube, SoundHound, Spotify, PlayOn Mobile, IMDb, Movies (Flixster)

Books & Reference

Bible

Communication & Social

XDA Premium, Gmail, Google Voice, Google+, TweetDeck

Games

Angry Birds (all 3), Drag Racing, Fruit Slice, Pirates & Traders

Personalization

Smooth Calendar, Fancy Widget, Taskos To Do List, Pattern Wallpapers, PicSpeed HD Wallpapers

Productivity

Google Chrome to Phone, Adobe Reader, Dropbox, Google Goggles, Google Docs, Google Reader, SwiftKey X

Shopping

Starbucks, Amazon.com, Amazon App Store, Groupon, LivingSocial, Google Shopper, Key Ring

Tools

Titanium Backup Pro, SetCPU, SeekDroid, Speedtest.net, ConvertPad, 3G Watchdog, Root Explorer, JuiceDefender Ultimate, Smart Rotator, Droidlight, SQLite Editor, Screen Grabber

Travel & Local

Google Maps, Street View, AAA Roadside

168 of 401 (439 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2011 4:39:33 PM
(0)
Professor
Just reloaded this on my phone. It will rescan the sd card without rebooting the phone. Especially handy if you just added files or pictures and the phone does recognize that the files are there.

SDrescan
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bero.sdrescan

169 of 401 (428 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2011 8:40:52 AM
(0)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
Just reloaded this on my phone. It will rescan the sd card without rebooting the phone. Especially handy if you just added files or pictures and the phone does recognize that the files are there.

SDrescan
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bero.sdrescan

whats the purpose of this app again? it looks for istallations that "i' didnt initiate?

170 of 401 (414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2011 9:41:48 AM
(0)
Professor
Sometimes the sd card doesn't recognize pictures or music you have downloaded from the web or email. This application forces a rescan of the sd card without rebooting the phone.

Normally when the phone is booting, it will scan the sd card for changes.

171 of 401 (501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2011 10:27:59 AM
(0)
Professor
Hmmm, thats a neat app. That process would be a lot better than rebooting the device .

172 of 401 (498 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2011 12:06:42 PM
(0)
Professor
Havent heard of or read any online notifications of rogue apps removed from the market lately. Thats a good thing. I am however always online looking for that latest doohickie that will keep my Streak feeling fresh and new!

173 of 401 (479 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 7:43:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I just downloaded a neat new battery percentage app. It's plain and simple - it's called "BatteryLife". I've been looking to see if my phone had a stock battery percentage app that I could use on my homescreen, but found extra time to go to the Android Market and get that cool one.

Hooray for Android!

174 of 401 (471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 2:23:55 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Aug 16, 2011 at 2:25:39 PM

Hey thanks for that tip, WB, my fellow ANDROIDIAN! I just installed it will give it a go!

[ Edited ]
175 of 401 (464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 3:42:10 PM
(0)
Professor
I have been trying this replacement keyboard. While I have decided to go back to SwiftKey, it worked fairly well and did its job.

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.cdeguet.smartkeyboardtrial

I have been using Battery Left for my battery stats and have been happy enough to not look for a different one.

176 of 401 (460 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 3:45:36 PM
(0)
Professor
BTW, "kewl" Andy is going to be sticking around for my avatar. I can't seem to able to change back to "Teddy" anymore. Smiley Sad As least I enjoy this Andy more. Smiley Happy

177 of 401 (460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 4:10:37 PM
(0)
Professor
I like Andy! E's kewl fer-shure! Was that keypad easier to use or did it flow easy compared to the stockpad?

178 of 401 (456 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 4:31:09 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Aug 16, 2011 at 4:38:37 PM

Now, THIS has got to be the koolest wallpaper yet! VIDEO LIVE WALLPAPER is a free install from the Android Market!

This app lets you take any video clip saved on  your android device and uses it as a "live wallpaper".  I have been looking for something like this  where i can use a video clip as a moving wallpaper. Now THATS customization!

Click HERE to go to the Market and install.  Or click the pic below for a YouTube review.

Give it a try, its nice! (*like any other live wallpaper, Video Live Wallpaper can be a battery drainer but I've monitored it for a few hours today and it didnt burn that much) Even so, this is a fun app have and run every now and then for something different or when you want to show off and impress someone with what YOUR android can do!

videowallpaper.JPG

VIDEO LIVE WALLPAPER!

[ Edited ]
179 of 401 (453 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 9:34:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

RicoLX wrote:

Hey thanks for that tip, WB, my fellow ANDROIDIAN! I just installed it will give it a go!

You're welcome! I customized mine a little bit to have it turn orange at 50% remaining, and red at 25%.

I actually really enjoy participating in this thread and sharing app ideas with one another - some of my favorite apps I have now were suggested here. RicoLX, you saved me from a music-phone crisis from when I had to sync my iPod music onto my phone. But using that MP3 Music Downloader app, I can download all the music I want and the best part is - it's all free! I'd like to re-thank you for the suggestion. Smiley Happy

As for the video live wallpaper app, that would be very cool. I just don't have very many good videos on my phone that are worth keeping, let alone setting them as the wallpaper/background on my phone. Smiley Tongue

Ann154, I think "Andy" is cool, also. I think it's unique that you named "him". And as Rico said, "'e's kewl fer-shure!"

180 of 401 (437 Views)