ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Professor

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

[ Edited ]

Share your android app experience with others.  Have you found the absolute must-have tool and recommend it to others? How about apps you sampled and would never install on your android phone? Looking for something that you can't find in the android market "or" amazon appstore?   Reply with your personal experience to the following bullet items and share any additional comments and thoughts.

Smiley MSN Emoticon alien bot 045.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon bot 192.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon space critter 047.gif

Message 1 of 401 (8,967 Views)
Master

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Which screen shot? I'm not running any live wallpapers. Only static wallpapers.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 46 of 401 (1,111 Views)
Master

I was referring to the middle one on the Aria. I find that pretty neat. The one on the Eris is pretty cool, too.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 47 of 401 (1,106 Views)
Professor

Yep I like android bee looking graphic. I like the colors too.
Message 48 of 401 (1,100 Views)
Master

Oh! I got those from android central in their forums. I have to dig up the thread
Message 49 of 401 (1,092 Views)
Master

And the bee is the Honeycomb wallpaper that was pulled out of the Honeycomb 3.0 preview that Google released before the Motorola Xoom was available.
Message 50 of 401 (1,090 Views)
Master

Message 51 of 401 (1,156 Views)
Master

Wow. There are so many cool wallpapers. Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

Message 52 of 401 (1,150 Views)
Professor

I'm going to have to start browsing AndroidCentral.com more than before. Ive logged on over there but looks like some good android activity happening there too. Looks like they cover every phone even.

Nice. thanks ANN(droid154)

Message 53 of 401 (1,144 Views)
Master

You're welcome. Smiley Happy Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy
Message 54 of 401 (1,139 Views)
Professor

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have (VTL Launcher)

VTL.Launcher

• This is an alternate Home Screen Launcher posted on XDA-Developers Forum.
  • Nice glassy dimensional look, docking scrolls left and right at the bottom of the screen instead of to the right (like Launcher Pro).
  • Easy to install / uninstall

I have tried it on the Streak, its ok, it's got all the  setting options including number of rows and columns per screen to display app shortcuts,  but I like my Laucher Pro!

From your android browser, go to this link (it will download)  http://vegantab.gojimi.com/download/Launcher_1_5.apk .

Message 55 of 401 (1,130 Views)
Master

The Speedtest.net app for android was updated today. Love the new UI and look of the application!
Message 56 of 401 (1,111 Views)
Master

I downloaded "Nexus Revamped" for my Captivate and it is now my new live wallpaper. Much like the original pre-installed one, but this one is completely customizable and has a cleaner look. That's one nice wallpaper. Smiley Wink

Message 57 of 401 (1,108 Views)
Professor

Cant wait to see what that screen looks like. I still only have just one or two installed live wallpapers. Nexus Revamp sounds interesting. Im logging into the market now to also see Speedtest updates. I wonder if theres any feature updates in addition to UI?
Message 58 of 401 (1,104 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have (Enhanced Email)

[ Edited ]

ENHANCED EMAIL provide added options not included in the stock email tool.

• Supports POP/IMAP Exchange and other platforms.
  • View combined or individual email accounts (similar to the stock version of email setup)
  • "Select All' button batch delete/cleanup old or unwanted emails (no more manually deleting one by one)
  • "Move" button moves selected email(s) to another folder (i.e. SAVE folder)

This resolved mass the mass cleanup of hundreds of emails sitting in other folders that woudn't sync after i've cleared them out on the client side. Now, my phone "and" the client side folders are manageable from my android.

Message 59 of 401 (1,097 Views)
Professor

ANDROID APP: TEXT WIDGET by Tampiss (Screen Labeling App, not a text messaging tool)

[ Edited ]

TEXT WIDGET (by Tampiss)

Text Labeling Widget (not a text messaging app)

This is a basic widget for labeling your home screen(s) to give them a custom title. 

You can also create shortcuts out of the labels such as make a "Facebook" label and assign a click event to it that takes you to Facebook.

Home Screen Custom Titles

I am using it to give each of my five home screens a title that sum up what the related set of widgets and shortcuts are on each page: i.e. "Phone and Messaging", "Office and Calendars", "Games", "Online Connections" displaying set of browser link icons, radio streaming, and the market connection, and finally "Android Settings"

Create Custom Interactve Shortcuts

This is an Android Market screenshot where someone using the text widget to creat distinct labels formating the fonts and background, then setting the click event that navigates the screen to each respective location or other phone function.

Message 60 of 401 (1,072 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.