ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Professor

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

[ Edited ]

Share your android app experience with others.  Have you found the absolute must-have tool and recommend it to others? How about apps you sampled and would never install on your android phone? Looking for something that you can't find in the android market "or" amazon appstore?   Reply with your personal experience to the following bullet items and share any additional comments and thoughts.

Smiley MSN Emoticon alien bot 045.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon bot 192.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon space critter 047.gif

Message 1 of 401 (8,854 Views)
Professor

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Message 31 of 401 (1,122 Views)
Professor

I meant to say in the kast post. I found this static background on xda developers site. its nice how I can center the jpeg where I want, then when loaded as a static, it gives the screen a 3d look
Message 32 of 401 (1,121 Views)
Master

I cannot paste the link, as I do not know where it is... Smiley Tongue But the falling Android robots wallpaper is called "Shake Them All!" Maybe that could help...

Live wallpapers do use a little bit extra of your battery. That is because the phone has to keep up with the animation/moving parts in your wallpaper, therefore, using more of your battery to keep it going. I think it's worth it, though. There are definitely some very cool live wallpapers.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 33 of 401 (1,120 Views)
Professor

Thanks WB, going to git' me a download. Brb!
Message 34 of 401 (1,115 Views)
Professor

I agree WB, the live wallpapers are worth the battery drain. I had Thunderstorm Live and was so mesmerized by it that I had to uninstall it. It was making me dizzy when I looked at other things on my homescreen!
Message 35 of 401 (1,115 Views)
Professor

I love that Live Thunderstorm! I used to chase storms back in the 90's. WB,just installed fallng androids. Cool.
Message 36 of 401 (1,113 Views)
Master

RicoLX wrote:
I love that Live Thunderstorm! I used to chase storms back in the 90's. WB,just installed fallng androids. Cool.

Yes, the live wallpapers are worth it. I will have to give "Thunderstorm Live" a peek/try. Rico, it's great to know that you have the falling robots wallpaper. You can configure the settings to make up to 50 robots instead of just the standard 10. You can also change the colors, etc. I wish it was a little cooler, but it still is acceptable for my taste.

Message 37 of 401 (1,111 Views)
Professor

Yeah, cool having a couple of apps that can be adjusted. I am watching my battery usage as well as performance aftr saving each new app just in case , lol.
Message 38 of 401 (1,104 Views)
Master

Was this the robot wallpaper, WB?

http://market.android.com/details?id=net.yougli.shakethemall
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 39 of 401 (1,105 Views)
Master

Ann154 wrote:
Was this the robot wallpaper, WB?

http://market.android.com/details?id=net.yougli.shakethemall

Indeed it is. Nice search. Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 401 (1,101 Views)
Professor

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have ( Call History )

[ Edited ]

Call History

CALL HISTORY (by TAN)

I needed an app that would allow me to filter incoming, outgoing and missed calls the way my trusty old HTC Tilt2 (TED1) used to do.  This app does just that.  It tells me when the call was made and tyhe duration. You can also click on the number and call the person back from within this app.

ADDED Feature:

Before installation, my android would always stay on the dialer screen after hanging up a call. After installation, I get a pop-up allowing me to set the on-call-end action to display either  the Call History or the Dialer Screen. I set it only once, an now at call end, my android navigates to the call history . COOL?

(Note: the app interfacing is smaller than shown here, this is magnified to give you a good view of what it contain)

Message 41 of 401 (1,131 Views)
Master

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have ( Call History )

I'll have to give that CallHistory app a try later on tonight. I haven't been able to find a solid call log on my Captivate, most of which just include messages and just a few calls. I would like to have a log specific for calling that is unique to itself.

I also plan on downloading a few other apps tonight such as games and maybe some more live wallpapers. Maybe there's even some good utility apps out there too that I have left undiscovered. I really like the flashlight one that I currently have. Doubletwist and CallHistory are at the top of my list. Smiley Wink

Message 42 of 401 (1,114 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

I havent installed flashlight app yet but will do that tonite. Hey if you come across a neat app, id like to give'em a try!
Message 43 of 401 (1,112 Views)
Master

RicoLX wrote:
I havent installed flashlight app yet but will do that tonite. Hey if you come across a neat app, id like to give'em a try!

Will do. I am mainly searching for live wallpapers. I have had my current one for almost a week now and am sort of getting "too used" to it. Smiley Tongue I like that one that Ann154 posted in a screenshot of her Aria. That one is pretty cool.

Message 44 of 401 (1,111 Views)
Professor

Oh yeah, Anns screenshots are nice. I also saw a nice live wallpaper demoed on youtube but cant find it again Smiley Sad

I cant wait to load some live wallpapers!
Message 45 of 401 (1,110 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.