Posted Mar 31, 2011
3:28:14 AM
View profile
ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Share your android app experience with others.  Have you found the absolute must-have tool and recommend it to others? How about apps you sampled and would never install on your android phone? Looking for something that you can't find in the android market "or" amazon appstore?   Reply with your personal experience to the following bullet items and share any additional comments and thoughts.

Smiley MSN Emoticon alien bot 045.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon bot 192.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon space critter 047.gif

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)
400 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(400)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2011 6:19:47 PM
(0)
Professor

droidblack.jpg

droidblack.jpg

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

31 of 401 (582 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2011 6:23:41 PM
(0)
Professor
I meant to say in the kast post. I found this static background on xda developers site. its nice how I can center the jpeg where I want, then when loaded as a static, it gives the screen a 3d look
I meant to say in the kast post. I found this static background on xda developers site. its nice how I can center the jpeg where I want, then when loaded as a static, it gives the screen a 3d look

32 of 401 (581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2011 6:25:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I cannot paste the link, as I do not know where it is... :smileytongue: But the falling Android robots wallpaper is called "Shake Them All!" Maybe that could help...

Live wallpapers do use a little bit extra of your battery. That is because the phone has to keep up with the animation/moving parts in your wallpaper, therefore, using more of your battery to keep it going. I think it's worth it, though. There are definitely some very cool live wallpapers.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

I cannot paste the link, as I do not know where it is... :smileytongue: But the falling Android robots wallpaper is called "Shake Them All!" Maybe that could help...

Live wallpapers do use a little bit extra of your battery. That is because the phone has to keep up with the animation/moving parts in your wallpaper, therefore, using more of your battery to keep it going. I think it's worth it, though. There are definitely some very cool live wallpapers.

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

33 of 401 (580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2011 6:32:04 PM
(0)
Professor
Thanks WB, going to git' me a download. Brb!
Thanks WB, going to git' me a download. Brb!

34 of 401 (575 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2011 6:33:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
I agree WB, the live wallpapers are worth the battery drain. I had Thunderstorm Live and was so mesmerized by it that I had to uninstall it. It was making me dizzy when I looked at other things on my homescreen!
I agree WB, the live wallpapers are worth the battery drain. I had Thunderstorm Live and was so mesmerized by it that I had to uninstall it. It was making me dizzy when I looked at other things on my homescreen!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

35 of 401 (575 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2011 6:42:32 PM
(0)
Professor
I love that Live Thunderstorm! I used to chase storms back in the 90's. WB,just installed fallng androids. Cool.
I love that Live Thunderstorm! I used to chase storms back in the 90's. WB,just installed fallng androids. Cool.

36 of 401 (573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2011 6:57:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

RicoLX wrote:

Yes, the live wallpapers are worth it. I will have to give "Thunderstorm Live" a peek/try. Rico, it's great to know that you have the falling robots wallpaper. You can configure the settings to make up to 50 robots instead of just the standard 10. You can also change the colors, etc. I wish it was a little cooler, but it still is acceptable for my taste.

RicoLX wrote:

Yes, the live wallpapers are worth it. I will have to give "Thunderstorm Live" a peek/try. Rico, it's great to know that you have the falling robots wallpaper. You can configure the settings to make up to 50 robots instead of just the standard 10. You can also change the colors, etc. I wish it was a little cooler, but it still is acceptable for my taste.

37 of 401 (571 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2011 7:06:53 PM
(0)
Professor
Yeah, cool having a couple of apps that can be adjusted. I am watching my battery usage as well as performance aftr saving each new app just in case , lol.
Yeah, cool having a couple of apps that can be adjusted. I am watching my battery usage as well as performance aftr saving each new app just in case , lol.

38 of 401 (564 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2011 7:08:47 PM
(0)
Professor
Was this the robot wallpaper, WB?

http://market.android.com/details?id=net.yougli.shakethemall
Probably from mobile, maybe. :smileyhappy:
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

39 of 401 (565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2011 7:12:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ann154 wrote:

Indeed it is. Nice search. :smileyhappy:

Ann154 wrote:

Indeed it is. Nice search. :smileyhappy:

40 of 401 (561 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 4:41:42 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Apr 15, 2011 at 4:55:19 AM

Call History

CALL HISTORY (by TAN)

I needed an app that would allow me to filter incoming, outgoing and missed calls the way my trusty old HTC Tilt2 (TED1) used to do.  This app does just that.  It tells me when the call was made and tyhe duration. You can also click on the number and call the person back from within this app.

ADDED Feature:

Before installation, my android would always stay on the dialer screen after hanging up a call. After installation, I get a pop-up allowing me to set the on-call-end action to display either  the Call History or the Dialer Screen. I set it only once, an now at call end, my android navigates to the call history . COOL?

(Note: the app interfacing is smaller than shown here, this is magnified to give you a good view of what it contain)

Call History

CALL HISTORY (by TAN)

I needed an app that would allow me to filter incoming, outgoing and missed calls the way my trusty old HTC Tilt2 (TED1) used to do.  This app does just that.  It tells me when the call was made and tyhe duration. You can also click on the number and call the person back from within this app.

ADDED Feature:

Before installation, my android would always stay on the dialer screen after hanging up a call. After installation, I get a pop-up allowing me to set the on-call-end action to display either  the Call History or the Dialer Screen. I set it only once, an now at call end, my android navigates to the call history . COOL?

(Note: the app interfacing is smaller than shown here, this is magnified to give you a good view of what it contain)

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have ( Call History )

[ Edited ]
41 of 401 (591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 4:29:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I'll have to give that CallHistory app a try later on tonight. I haven't been able to find a solid call log on my Captivate, most of which just include messages and just a few calls. I would like to have a log specific for calling that is unique to itself.

I also plan on downloading a few other apps tonight such as games and maybe some more live wallpapers. Maybe there's even some good utility apps out there too that I have left undiscovered. I really like the flashlight one that I currently have. Doubletwist and CallHistory are at the top of my list. :smileywink:

I'll have to give that CallHistory app a try later on tonight. I haven't been able to find a solid call log on my Captivate, most of which just include messages and just a few calls. I would like to have a log specific for calling that is unique to itself.

I also plan on downloading a few other apps tonight such as games and maybe some more live wallpapers. Maybe there's even some good utility apps out there too that I have left undiscovered. I really like the flashlight one that I currently have. Doubletwist and CallHistory are at the top of my list. :smileywink:

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have ( Call History )

42 of 401 (574 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 4:40:13 PM
(0)
Professor
I havent installed flashlight app yet but will do that tonite. Hey if you come across a neat app, id like to give'em a try!
I havent installed flashlight app yet but will do that tonite. Hey if you come across a neat app, id like to give'em a try!

43 of 401 (572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 4:51:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

RicoLX wrote:

Will do. I am mainly searching for live wallpapers. I have had my current one for almost a week now and am sort of getting "too used" to it. :smileytongue: I like that one that Ann154 posted in a screenshot of her Aria. That one is pretty cool.

RicoLX wrote:

Will do. I am mainly searching for live wallpapers. I have had my current one for almost a week now and am sort of getting "too used" to it. :smileytongue: I like that one that Ann154 posted in a screenshot of her Aria. That one is pretty cool.

44 of 401 (571 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 5:04:34 PM
(0)
Professor
Oh yeah, Anns screenshots are nice. I also saw a nice live wallpaper demoed on youtube but cant find it again :smileysad:

I cant wait to load some live wallpapers!
Oh yeah, Anns screenshots are nice. I also saw a nice live wallpaper demoed on youtube but cant find it again :smileysad:

I cant wait to load some live wallpapers!

45 of 401 (570 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 5:13:49 PM
(0)
Professor
Which screen shot? I'm not running any live wallpapers. Only static wallpapers.
Which screen shot? I'm not running any live wallpapers. Only static wallpapers.

46 of 401 (567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 5:58:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I was referring to the middle one on the Aria. I find that pretty neat. The one on the Eris is pretty cool, too.

I was referring to the middle one on the Aria. I find that pretty neat. The one on the Eris is pretty cool, too.

47 of 401 (562 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 6:11:06 PM
(0)
Professor

medium.jpeg

Yep I like android bee looking graphic. I like the colors too.

medium.jpeg

Yep I like android bee looking graphic. I like the colors too.

48 of 401 (556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 7:20:49 PM
(0)
Professor
Oh! I got those from android central in their forums. I have to dig up the thread
Oh! I got those from android central in their forums. I have to dig up the thread

49 of 401 (548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 7:24:31 PM
(0)
Professor
And the bee is the Honeycomb wallpaper that was pulled out of the Honeycomb 3.0 preview that Google released before the Motorola Xoom was available.
And the bee is the Honeycomb wallpaper that was pulled out of the Honeycomb 3.0 preview that Google released before the Motorola Xoom was available.

50 of 401 (546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 9:17:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Wow. There are so many cool wallpapers. Thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

Wow. There are so many cool wallpapers. Thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

52 of 401 (606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2011 2:59:45 AM
(0)
Professor

I'm going to have to start browsing AndroidCentral.com more than before. Ive logged on over there but looks like some good android activity happening there too. Looks like they cover every phone even.

Nice. thanks ANN(droid154)

I'm going to have to start browsing AndroidCentral.com more than before. Ive logged on over there but looks like some good android activity happening there too. Looks like they cover every phone even.

Nice. thanks ANN(droid154)

53 of 401 (600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2011 4:50:13 AM
(0)
Professor
You're welcome. :smileyhappy: :smileywink: :smileyvery-happy:
You're welcome. :smileyhappy: :smileywink: :smileyvery-happy:

54 of 401 (595 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2011 10:44:42 AM
(0)
Professor

VTL.Launcher

• This is an alternate Home Screen Launcher posted on XDA-Developers Forum.
  • Nice glassy dimensional look, docking scrolls left and right at the bottom of the screen instead of to the right (like Launcher Pro).
  • Easy to install / uninstall

I have tried it on the Streak, its ok, it's got all the  setting options including number of rows and columns per screen to display app shortcuts,  but I like my Laucher Pro!

From your android browser, go to this link (it will download)  http://vegantab.gojimi.com/download/Launcher_1_5.apk .

VTL.Launcher

• This is an alternate Home Screen Launcher posted on XDA-Developers Forum.
  • Nice glassy dimensional look, docking scrolls left and right at the bottom of the screen instead of to the right (like Launcher Pro).
  • Easy to install / uninstall

I have tried it on the Streak, its ok, it's got all the  setting options including number of rows and columns per screen to display app shortcuts,  but I like my Laucher Pro!

From your android browser, go to this link (it will download)  http://vegantab.gojimi.com/download/Launcher_1_5.apk .

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have (VTL Launcher)

55 of 401 (586 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2011 8:31:43 PM
(0)
Professor
The Speedtest.net app for android was updated today. Love the new UI and look of the application!
The Speedtest.net app for android was updated today. Love the new UI and look of the application!

56 of 401 (567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2011 3:16:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
I downloaded "Nexus Revamped" for my Captivate and it is now my new live wallpaper. Much like the original pre-installed one, but this one is completely customizable and has a cleaner look. That's one nice wallpaper. :smileywink:

I downloaded "Nexus Revamped" for my Captivate and it is now my new live wallpaper. Much like the original pre-installed one, but this one is completely customizable and has a cleaner look. That's one nice wallpaper. :smileywink:

57 of 401 (564 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2011 3:38:11 AM
(0)
Professor
Cant wait to see what that screen looks like. I still only have just one or two installed live wallpapers. Nexus Revamp sounds interesting. Im logging into the market now to also see Speedtest updates. I wonder if theres any feature updates in addition to UI?
Cant wait to see what that screen looks like. I still only have just one or two installed live wallpapers. Nexus Revamp sounds interesting. Im logging into the market now to also see Speedtest updates. I wonder if theres any feature updates in addition to UI?

58 of 401 (560 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2011 3:04:10 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Apr 20, 2011 at 3:05:15 AM

ee_041911.JPG

ENHANCED EMAIL provide added options not included in the stock email tool.

• Supports POP/IMAP Exchange and other platforms.
  • View combined or individual email accounts (similar to the stock version of email setup)
  • "Select All' button batch delete/cleanup old or unwanted emails (no more manually deleting one by one)
  • "Move" button moves selected email(s) to another folder (i.e. SAVE folder)

This resolved mass the mass cleanup of hundreds of emails sitting in other folders that woudn't sync after i've cleared them out on the client side. Now, my phone "and" the client side folders are manageable from my android.

ee_041911.JPG

ENHANCED EMAIL provide added options not included in the stock email tool.

• Supports POP/IMAP Exchange and other platforms.
  • View combined or individual email accounts (similar to the stock version of email setup)
  • "Select All' button batch delete/cleanup old or unwanted emails (no more manually deleting one by one)
  • "Move" button moves selected email(s) to another folder (i.e. SAVE folder)

This resolved mass the mass cleanup of hundreds of emails sitting in other folders that woudn't sync after i've cleared them out on the client side. Now, my phone "and" the client side folders are manageable from my android.

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have (Enhanced Email)

[ Edited ]
59 of 401 (553 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2011 8:13:39 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Apr 23, 2011 at 8:29:33 AM

TEXT WIDGET (by Tampiss)

android3.png

Text Labeling Widget (not a text messaging app)

This is a basic widget for labeling your home screen(s) to give them a custom title. 

You can also create shortcuts out of the labels such as make a "Facebook" label and assign a click event to it that takes you to Facebook.

Home Screen Custom Titles

I am using it to give each of my five home screens a title that sum up what the related set of widgets and shortcuts are on each page: i.e. "Phone and Messaging", "Office and Calendars", "Games", "Online Connections" displaying set of browser link icons, radio streaming, and the market connection, and finally "Android Settings"

Create Custom Interactve Shortcuts

This is an Android Market screenshot where someone using the text widget to creat distinct labels formating the fonts and background, then setting the click event that navigates the screen to each respective location or other phone function.

TEXT WIDGET (by Tampiss)

android3.png

Text Labeling Widget (not a text messaging app)

This is a basic widget for labeling your home screen(s) to give them a custom title. 

You can also create shortcuts out of the labels such as make a "Facebook" label and assign a click event to it that takes you to Facebook.

Home Screen Custom Titles

I am using it to give each of my five home screens a title that sum up what the related set of widgets and shortcuts are on each page: i.e. "Phone and Messaging", "Office and Calendars", "Games", "Online Connections" displaying set of browser link icons, radio streaming, and the market connection, and finally "Android Settings"

Create Custom Interactve Shortcuts

This is an Android Market screenshot where someone using the text widget to creat distinct labels formating the fonts and background, then setting the click event that navigates the screen to each respective location or other phone function.

ANDROID APP: TEXT WIDGET by Tampiss (Screen Labeling App, not a text messaging tool)

[ Edited ]
60 of 401 (528 Views)