ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Professor

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

[ Edited ]

Share your android app experience with others.  Have you found the absolute must-have tool and recommend it to others? How about apps you sampled and would never install on your android phone? Looking for something that you can't find in the android market "or" amazon appstore?   Reply with your personal experience to the following bullet items and share any additional comments and thoughts.

Smiley MSN Emoticon alien bot 045.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon bot 192.gifSmiley MSN Emoticon space critter 047.gif

Message 1 of 401 (8,830 Views)
Professor

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have

Rico, search for "Screen Capture Shortcut" in the Market.  This app will work on an unrooted phone.  Rumor has it that there is a way to do screenshots built into Froyo using the back and home keys, but we haven't been able to do this on purpose yet.  Many people have done it accidentally.

Message 16 of 401 (2,051 Views)
Professor

Thanks 21stNow, i will do that this weekend!

Message 17 of 401 (2,040 Views)
Master

It doesn't work for an HTC Aria Smiley Sad
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 401 (2,028 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Is your Aria running Android 2.2? I think that Screen Capture Shortcut will only run on Android 2.2.
Message 19 of 401 (2,021 Views)
Master

Yep upgraded the weekend that the FroYo 2.2.2 update was released. When I tried to open the app to view any settings and to find out how it worked, it gave a message "this device is not supported" and went to the home screen.
Message 20 of 401 (2,017 Views)
Professor

Sorry about that. I saw this on the Vibrant forum and didn't realize it only works for the Galaxy series.
Message 21 of 401 (1,931 Views)
Professor

No prob. I tried it to. It must be for Galexy only like you stated.
Message 22 of 401 (1,928 Views)
Professor

ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have (MyBackupPro)

MyBackupPro (www.rerware.com)

I have installed MyBackupPro that allows you to backup to your SD Card and/or to an online repository thats password protected. I have run several at my SD Card level only and like the app.  Compared to the Dell  backup that came with the phone, this app works for both unrooted and rooted androids .  The Dell restore would constantly throw an error when i tested restoring a backup file.

You can download a free 100% fully functional (for 30 days) version from the Android Market .  Purchasing the app is very inexpensive .

Message 23 of 401 (1,927 Views)
Master

Re: ANDROID: Which Apps Do You Have (MyBackupPro)

I was finally able to download apps from the Android Market last night (over Wi-Fi), and I am very pleased and excited to finally be able to have them on my Android phone. Here is what I have...

Angry Birds

Angry Birds Rio

Angry Birds Seasons

Ant Smasher

Fruit Slice

Action Potato (Smiley Very Happy)

Flashlight Professional (Awesome!)

As well as some awesome live wallpapers.

This is absolutely amazing. I never knew that Android could be this cool. I am so happy I have decided to go with an Android phone!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 24 of 401 (1,917 Views)
Professor

Doesnt make your android fresh and new all over again? And the neatpart, you can add, change, redo, I mean good alternatives. I got some of yours apps. I leftout live wallpapers from my list
Message 25 of 401 (1,913 Views)
Master

Live wallpapers really are neat. I just downloaded this one particular one where there are the Android robots crawling and wiggling around all over the screen. You can ever change the colors of the Droids and the background. I also have this one that looks like a galaxy of stars - it fits my phone perfectly, as it is a part of the "Galaxy S" series. Smiley Wink

I love how customizable Android is. It sure beats Apples iOS... Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 26 of 401 (1,911 Views)
Master

LOL that last comment WB! Smiley Very Happy

Since they actually work on the Aria, I too have downloaded the Angry Birds trio. I'm terrible at getting a good score, but it is a good time waster.

Learning to like WeatherBug. The Weather Channel application was been disappointing lately. I had to try something different.
Message 27 of 401 (1,904 Views)
Professor

Oh man and android is much better tgan "sticky", freezy winmo too. Can yu paste the market link to the crawly androids? I also have the Galaxy of Stars! Cool that fit your phone series Smiley Very Happy
Message 28 of 401 (1,902 Views)
Professor

And that accuweathers is reeking havoc. I will need to root to uninstall it.
Message 29 of 401 (1,899 Views)
Master

While live wallpapers are cool. I have read that they can add extra drain to the battery.

I found some wonderful static "android" wallpapers on Android Central forum.
Message 30 of 401 (1,895 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.