Posted Sep 1, 2011
12:55:00 PM
View profile
ANDROID SCREEN SHOTS (What Makes Your Android The BEST Device)

Android Devices are uniquely developed, making screen shots 'very special'.  Share your screenshots here in this folder and highlight features that makes your android THE android!

My Dell Streak is using

LauncherPro Plus v 0.8.6 (Full version)

TEXT widget to place custom labels at the top of each screen .

Live Wallpaper : Captain America! (Thanks Anndroid154)

There are currently 5 screens

Screen 1:  ANDROID TABLET AND PHONE

Screen 2:  OFFICE AND DESKTOP APPLICATIONS

Screen 3:  MISCELLANEOUS (WEB LINKS, ETC (currently redoing screen 3 and 4)

Screen 4: (cscreens 3 and 4 currently being reformatted)

Screen  5:  ANDROID SYSTEM SETTINGS

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)
76 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(76)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 3:08:06 PM
(0)
Professor
WB, that sounds like a cool app. Does it work on non-rooted android devices? Hey, why not post a blog about it and it's market link over in the android app folder. Id like to check that one out :smileywink:
WB, that sounds like a cool app. Does it work on non-rooted android devices? Hey, why not post a blog about it and it's market link over in the android app folder. Id like to check that one out :smileywink:

Re: ANDROID SCREEN SHOTS (What Makes Your Android The BEST Device)

61 of 77 (372 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 3:51:56 PM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:
ilikewireless, if your Thrive does not have the automatic ability to take screenshots on your phone, there is an app you can download from the Android Market called 'Screen Capture Shortcut Free'. With this application, it should allow your phone to take screen captures images. The best part of all is that it's free.

I use it all the time on my Samsung Android phone when I want to take a picture of the screen. My phone does have the option to take screenshots on its own without the third-party app, but it's inconvenient to use and the only times I was able to do it was by accident all four times. :smileytongue: This app makes is MUCH easier.

Wild Banchi,

Thanks. I'll browse the Market.

Wild Banchi wrote:
ilikewireless, if your Thrive does not have the automatic ability to take screenshots on your phone, there is an app you can download from the Android Market called 'Screen Capture Shortcut Free'. With this application, it should allow your phone to take screen captures images. The best part of all is that it's free.

I use it all the time on my Samsung Android phone when I want to take a picture of the screen. My phone does have the option to take screenshots on its own without the third-party app, but it's inconvenient to use and the only times I was able to do it was by accident all four times. :smileytongue: This app makes is MUCH easier.

Wild Banchi,

Thanks. I'll browse the Market.

62 of 77 (370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 6:02:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're welcome, ilikewireless. I promise, you will not be disappointed if you do decide to download the app.

Rico, my Captivate isn't rooted, so I guess that answers your question. :smileyhappy: And I'll be sure to post the app/link tomorrow or sometime later this week when I have more time.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

You're welcome, ilikewireless. I promise, you will not be disappointed if you do decide to download the app.

Rico, my Captivate isn't rooted, so I guess that answers your question. :smileyhappy: And I'll be sure to post the app/link tomorrow or sometime later this week when I have more time.

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

63 of 77 (364 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 3:22:11 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Sep 20, 2011 at 3:23:17 AM

Hey, look what happened to the socalled "Gorilla Glass"

badwink.jpg

screen.JPG

Hey, look what happened to the socalled "Gorilla Glass"

badwink.jpg

screen.JPG

[ Edited ]
64 of 77 (348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 4:06:27 AM
(0)
Professor
Fancy wallpaper there, RicoLX.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :smileyhappy:
Fancy wallpaper there, RicoLX.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

65 of 77 (341 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 4:45:04 AM
(0)
Professor

HEH heh, Android154 busted me, again!

screen2.JPG

HEH heh, Android154 busted me, again!

screen2.JPG

66 of 77 (339 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 3:38:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Haha. At first look it looked real, but a few seconds after I noticed that you were fakin' us out. :smileywink:

Speaking of "so-called" Gorilla Glass, my friend's has a Captivate like mine and I noticed today that the glass on her phone is cracked pretty badly/near shattered on the upper right middle of her screen. I was like, "Wow, I didn't think that could happen...yikes!"

Then again, she's the friend of mine that accidentally swiped the same phone into the waterworks express on Friday... :smileyvery-happy:

Haha. At first look it looked real, but a few seconds after I noticed that you were fakin' us out. :smileywink:

Speaking of "so-called" Gorilla Glass, my friend's has a Captivate like mine and I noticed today that the glass on her phone is cracked pretty badly/near shattered on the upper right middle of her screen. I was like, "Wow, I didn't think that could happen...yikes!"

Then again, she's the friend of mine that accidentally swiped the same phone into the waterworks express on Friday... :smileyvery-happy:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

67 of 77 (327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 8:32:25 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Sep 20, 2011 at 8:34:21 PM
Lol you should se peoples first glance at work! Theres several "broken glass" wallpapers that are more realistic. Yep the ads about gorilla glass not breaking or scratching is bad advertisement.

whats the waterworks?
Lol you should se peoples first glance at work! Theres several "broken glass" wallpapers that are more realistic. Yep the ads about gorilla glass not breaking or scratching is bad advertisement.

whats the waterworks?

[ Edited ]
68 of 77 (322 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 5:00:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Hi all!  Sorry that I was missing in action.  I'll try to post some screenshots tonight when I get home.  My screenshots may bore you though, as I don't have any interesting wallpapers.  I'll see if I can make something pop for you!

Hi all!  Sorry that I was missing in action.  I'll try to post some screenshots tonight when I get home.  My screenshots may bore you though, as I don't have any interesting wallpapers.  I'll see if I can make something pop for you!

69 of 77 (314 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2011 4:13:40 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Sep 27, 2011 at 4:17:35 PM

Cropped an old Coca Cola pic, looking for any type of glossy red button.png files with a transparent background to buld out a nostalgic theme.. The black rimmed clock is a transparent, its coincidental that the widget sits right at the tips of the character's fingers as if hes balancing it! . From this theme , you can tell one of my hobby collections :smileyvery-happy: lol.

.HS4.jpg

.IMG_20110927_175221.jpg

IMG_20110927_175446.jpg.

Cropped an old Coca Cola pic, looking for any type of glossy red button.png files with a transparent background to buld out a nostalgic theme.. The black rimmed clock is a transparent, its coincidental that the widget sits right at the tips of the character's fingers as if hes balancing it! . From this theme , you can tell one of my hobby collections :smileyvery-happy: lol.

.HS4.jpg

.IMG_20110927_175221.jpg

IMG_20110927_175446.jpg.

[ Edited ]
70 of 77 (295 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 5:55:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

RicoLX wrote:

whats the waterworks?
Whoops, I didn't see this post until now. The "waterworks express" is a drop drown to death into nothing other than the toilet. :smileyvery-happy:

As for your Coca-Cola wallpaper, that indeed is neat how the character seems to be balancing the clock between his fingers - that's neat! Great job!

RicoLX wrote:

whats the waterworks?
Whoops, I didn't see this post until now. The "waterworks express" is a drop drown to death into nothing other than the toilet. :smileyvery-happy:

As for your Coca-Cola wallpaper, that indeed is neat how the character seems to be balancing the clock between his fingers - that's neat! Great job!

71 of 77 (313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 3:25:02 PM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

RicoLX wrote:

whats the waterworks?

oh i see, "waterworks".. yep i usually called that toilet dip "The Drink" Ive been fortunate not to ever have to go "into the drink" fishing for a phone yet. .haha.

Heres an APP WISHLIST item:

Does anyone know of an app that lets you take snapshots of what you are viewing on the web browser?  Say, i am viewoing a page in the stock or Dolphin HD browser and i want to capture or save the image being displayed, is "there an app for that"? 

Wild Banchi wrote:

RicoLX wrote:

whats the waterworks?

oh i see, "waterworks".. yep i usually called that toilet dip "The Drink" Ive been fortunate not to ever have to go "into the drink" fishing for a phone yet. .haha.

Heres an APP WISHLIST item:

Does anyone know of an app that lets you take snapshots of what you are viewing on the web browser?  Say, i am viewoing a page in the stock or Dolphin HD browser and i want to capture or save the image being displayed, is "there an app for that"? 

72 of 77 (303 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 4:04:15 PM
(0)
Professor
Ask and you shall receive. This is from Dolphin developers

https://market.android.com/details?id=mobi.mgeek.ScreenCut
Ask and you shall receive. This is from Dolphin developers

https://market.android.com/details?id=mobi.mgeek.ScreenCut

73 of 77 (302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 4:18:26 PM
(0)
Professor
Wow I did it again, I meant to post the question in " the apps" folder.. Thanks Anndroid154¡ I use the Dolphin HD browser! Lets see how this screenshot woiks! :smileyvery-happy:
Wow I did it again, I meant to post the question in " the apps" folder.. Thanks Anndroid154¡ I use the Dolphin HD browser! Lets see how this screenshot woiks! :smileyvery-happy:

74 of 77 (299 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 4:26:14 PM
(0)
Professor

RicoLX wrote:

I think I used the screencut add-on to get this picture.

2011-09-29 18.58.29.jpg

RicoLX wrote:

I think I used the screencut add-on to get this picture.

2011-09-29 18.58.29.jpg

75 of 77 (296 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 4:50:12 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Oct 6, 2011 at 4:51:45 PM

Very good! I gave'er a spin and I LIKES! THANKS! This goes in the apps folder discussion fer sherr!
2011-10-06 18.46.15.jpg.

Very good! I gave'er a spin and I LIKES! THANKS! This goes in the apps folder discussion fer sherr!
2011-10-06 18.46.15.jpg.

[ Edited ]
76 of 77 (290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 6:44:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I like this screencut app as well. I shall download it for it to go along with my other screen capture app. :smileyhappy:

I like this screencut app as well. I shall download it for it to go along with my other screen capture app. :smileyhappy:

77 of 77 (281 Views)