Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 1, 2011
12:55:00 PM
View profile
ANDROID SCREEN SHOTS (What Makes Your Android The BEST Device)

Android Devices are uniquely developed, making screen shots 'very special'.  Share your screenshots here in this folder and highlight features that makes your android THE android!

My Dell Streak is using

LauncherPro Plus v 0.8.6 (Full version)

TEXT widget to place custom labels at the top of each screen .

Live Wallpaper : Captain America! (Thanks Anndroid154)

There are currently 5 screens

Screen 1:  ANDROID TABLET AND PHONE

Screen 2:  OFFICE AND DESKTOP APPLICATIONS

Screen 3:  MISCELLANEOUS (WEB LINKS, ETC (currently redoing screen 3 and 4)

Screen 4: (cscreens 3 and 4 currently being reformatted)

Screen  5:  ANDROID SYSTEM SETTINGS

Android Devices are uniquely developed, making screen shots 'very special'.  Share your screenshots here in this folder and highlight features that makes your android THE android!

My Dell Streak is using

LauncherPro Plus v 0.8.6 (Full version)

TEXT widget to place custom labels at the top of each screen .

Live Wallpaper : Captain America! (Thanks Anndroid154)

There are currently 5 screens

Screen 1:  ANDROID TABLET AND PHONE

Screen 2:  OFFICE AND DESKTOP APPLICATIONS

Screen 3:  MISCELLANEOUS (WEB LINKS, ETC (currently redoing screen 3 and 4)

Screen 4: (cscreens 3 and 4 currently being reformatted)

Screen  5:  ANDROID SYSTEM SETTINGS

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

ANDROID SCREEN SHOTS (What Makes Your Android The BEST Device)

76 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(76)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 12:53:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Thanks. Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Thanks. Smiley Very Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: ANDROID SCREEN SHOTS (What Makes Your Android The BEST Device)

31 of 77 (458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 8:32:58 PM
(0)
Master

Want some fresh screenshots?  Got some.  The icons haven't moved since it took me more than a year to find the best spot for my most used app and widgets.  Three of the images are using the same Sense Skin called Glass Sense.

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy

Want some fresh screenshots?  Got some.  The icons haven't moved since it took me more than a year to find the best spot for my most used app and widgets.  Three of the images are using the same Sense Skin called Glass Sense.

Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

32 of 77 (450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2011 3:53:18 AM
(0)
Professor
Now this I really like. Does it have a lamdscape orientation? I like all four screens. I currently have 5 screens but I guess, if consolidated , could squeeze down to 4, maybe 3. How many screen backgrounds does this provide you. I see where screen shot#2 repeats.
Now this I really like. Does it have a lamdscape orientation? I like all four screens. I currently have 5 screens but I guess, if consolidated , could squeeze down to 4, maybe 3. How many screen backgrounds does this provide you. I see where screen shot#2 repeats.

33 of 77 (448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2011 5:03:37 AM
(0)
Master
I just captured the same screen (the "Home" screen) multiple times with different backgrounds and skins. I have a total of seven screens in HTC Sense to put icons on. I really only use three of the screens on a daily basis, a fourth one for the once a week usage and three others that I have the biggest widgets on (Sense clock widget, a Sense weather widget and the agenda widget calendar) that I rarely use, but like having available.
I just captured the same screen (the "Home" screen) multiple times with different backgrounds and skins. I have a total of seven screens in HTC Sense to put icons on. I really only use three of the screens on a daily basis, a fourth one for the once a week usage and three others that I have the biggest widgets on (Sense clock widget, a Sense weather widget and the agenda widget calendar) that I rarely use, but like having available.

34 of 77 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2011 5:08:32 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Ann154 on Sep 10, 2011 at 5:10:04 AM
If the phone had the ability to go into landscape mode, I am sure this skin would too. HTC phones only go to landscape mode while in a dock. I don't have a dock and I have read that those who do say that the phone doesn't register that it is in a dock for some reason. Hopefully HTC fixes the dock mounting error in the Gingerbread update.
If the phone had the ability to go into landscape mode, I am sure this skin would too. HTC phones only go to landscape mode while in a dock. I don't have a dock and I have read that those who do say that the phone doesn't register that it is in a dock for some reason. Hopefully HTC fixes the dock mounting error in the Gingerbread update.

[ Edited ]
35 of 77 (445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2011 5:49:39 AM
(0)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:

I am finding that i view my screen in landscape the majority of time. I guess i am getting very comfortable holding the phone that way.  Since falls around the corner, i am getting into the 'warm' colors mood and looking for some reds and yellows to add to my display . thats why i like your background in the last screenshots.

Wanna see a blast from the past? click the pic and watch a moving clip of my old Tilt2 (TED2) when he was alive and kicking! (Im gettn all misty as i watch it today...sniff sniff).  Id love to locate an app that capture screenshots in action like this app did for the tilt

(...the opening browser window will be maximized.. you may have to click the box shown in example below to reduce the screen to the example size here to get actual tilt pixel resolution when viewing the vid.. otherwise, its large and may look like bad quality when it was good back in the day ...)

Ann154 wrote:

I am finding that i view my screen in landscape the majority of time. I guess i am getting very comfortable holding the phone that way.  Since falls around the corner, i am getting into the 'warm' colors mood and looking for some reds and yellows to add to my display . thats why i like your background in the last screenshots.

Wanna see a blast from the past? click the pic and watch a moving clip of my old Tilt2 (TED2) when he was alive and kicking! (Im gettn all misty as i watch it today...sniff sniff).  Id love to locate an app that capture screenshots in action like this app did for the tilt

(...the opening browser window will be maximized.. you may have to click the box shown in example below to reduce the screen to the example size here to get actual tilt pixel resolution when viewing the vid.. otherwise, its large and may look like bad quality when it was good back in the day ...)

36 of 77 (431 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2011 6:04:57 AM
(0)
Master
Nice, RicoLX!
Nice, RicoLX!

37 of 77 (427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2011 6:26:20 AM
(0)
Professor
Anndroid154! you like that!? Cool. I tell you, i thought i was " I T " back then! When i could watch my fav group Train singing Calling All Angels (which is still my ringtone to this day), i was in heaven! (no pun intended or not rushing to git there).

Yep, if theres an app today that capture moving clips of screenshot activity id' jump on that in a heartbeat!
Anndroid154! you like that!? Cool. I tell you, i thought i was " I T " back then! When i could watch my fav group Train singing Calling All Angels (which is still my ringtone to this day), i was in heaven! (no pun intended or not rushing to git there).

Yep, if theres an app today that capture moving clips of screenshot activity id' jump on that in a heartbeat!

38 of 77 (426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 1:41:07 PM
(0)
Professor

Slightly cleaned up my data home screen. It now has browser links and the market. Basically and action that uses data connectivity.. The background is a black embossed android print. Has a 3d 'ish effect.

Slightly cleaned up my data home screen. It now has browser links and the market. Basically and action that uses data connectivity.. The background is a black embossed android print. Has a 3d 'ish effect.

39 of 77 (414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 3:07:21 PM
(0)
Professor
as a reference point. The prior screenshots are the 'actual' size of my dell streak. In messaage 39 i tried reducing the actual pic itself to see if it will make a difference.
as a reference point. The prior screenshots are the 'actual' size of my dell streak. In messaage 39 i tried reducing the actual pic itself to see if it will make a difference.

40 of 77 (408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 3:54:53 PM
(0)
Professor
Anndroid154, take a look now at the market. My review is there referring to "someone i know" (i "could" change it to "anddroid154)" but only if you permit
Anndroid154, take a look now at the market. My review is there referring to "someone i know" (i "could" change it to "anddroid154)" but only if you permit

41 of 77 (423 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 3:58:05 PM
(0)
Master
"someone you know" is best
"someone you know" is best

42 of 77 (423 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 4:03:36 PM
(0)
Professor
thats good, will leave it like that.. .did you find it?
thats good, will leave it like that.. .did you find it?

43 of 77 (420 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 4:06:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Looks nice, clean, and organized! Nice work!

And I see you even threw in Mickey Mouse, there! Smiley Very Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

44 of 77 (416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 4:08:07 PM
(0)
Master
Not yet, but I will check it later.

PS you moved this conversation to the screenshots thread. Supposed to be in the Apps thread.
Not yet, but I will check it later.

PS you moved this conversation to the screenshots thread. Supposed to be in the Apps thread.

45 of 77 (414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 4:18:30 PM
(0)
Professor
You are right. Lets take it back over there.
You are right. Lets take it back over there.

46 of 77 (411 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 4:23:16 PM
(0)
Professor

Does anyone else wish to share their ANDROID screenshots with the group?  (Anndroid154, WB, looks like we are the only three with androids)

Does anyone else wish to share their ANDROID screenshots with the group?  (Anndroid154, WB, looks like we are the only three with androids)

47 of 77 (410 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 4:41:54 PM
(0)
Master
Personally I want to see 21stnow's screenshots of the HTC Sensation. Sense 3.0... So pretty... Smiley Wink
Personally I want to see 21stnow's screenshots of the HTC Sensation. Sense 3.0... So pretty... Smiley Wink

48 of 77 (409 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 4:54:55 PM
(0)
Professor
Is that Windows7?
Is that Windows7?

49 of 77 (406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 5:26:32 PM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

LOL yup, thats suppose to be the "Classic" Mickey Mouse wristwatch! I ve always wanted one of those and never got one (sadface )..... but T.E.D. looks good sport'n one!.. I did organize that screen much more than it was before, it had a mixure of system icons and data connections , even some games on the same screen... cluttered.

Wild Banchi wrote:

LOL yup, thats suppose to be the "Classic" Mickey Mouse wristwatch! I ve always wanted one of those and never got one (sadface )..... but T.E.D. looks good sport'n one!.. I did organize that screen much more than it was before, it had a mixure of system icons and data connections , even some games on the same screen... cluttered.

50 of 77 (404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 5:44:26 PM
(0)
Master

RicoLX wrote:
Is that Windows7?
The HTC Sensation is an Android phone with the HTC Sense UI version 3.0. I also want to shots of their Xoom too.

RicoLX wrote:
Is that Windows7?
The HTC Sensation is an Android phone with the HTC Sense UI version 3.0. I also want to shots of their Xoom too.

51 of 77 (452 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 5:50:00 PM
(0)
Professor
Oh by all means lets see if we can bribe 21st to share some screenshots of that bad boy
Oh by all means lets see if we can bribe 21st to share some screenshots of that bad boy

52 of 77 (449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 6:10:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I'd like to see others' home screens as well. The Sensation seems like a very good phone and it's certainly attractive. It'd be nice to see some of those vivid colors that HTC is, in my opinion, well-known for.

You hear us, 21stNow? Smiley Wink

I'd like to see others' home screens as well. The Sensation seems like a very good phone and it's certainly attractive. It'd be nice to see some of those vivid colors that HTC is, in my opinion, well-known for.

You hear us, 21stNow? Smiley Wink

53 of 77 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 6:35:36 PM
(0)
Professor
Id like so see some of the atrix screens too. How about galexy. Do we have that on our network?
Id like so see some of the atrix screens too. How about galexy. Do we have that on our network?

54 of 77 (443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 6:52:44 PM
(0)
Master
Captivate = Galaxy S class phone
Captivate = Galaxy S class phone

55 of 77 (441 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 6:59:22 PM
(0)
Professor
Woud be nice if therest of our fellow androidians discover the screenshot discussionand join in.
Woud be nice if therest of our fellow androidians discover the screenshot discussionand join in.

56 of 77 (439 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2011 10:14:43 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Sep 18, 2011 at 10:17:51 PM

[ Edited ]
57 of 77 (425 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 9:00:50 AM
(0)
Professor
Ilikewireless, Cool! This is the Thrive? Do you use buzz on google maps?
Ilikewireless, Cool! This is the Thrive? Do you use buzz on google maps?

58 of 77 (415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 9:15:09 AM
(0)
Professor

Rico, that is on my Galaxy Tab. I cannot do a screen capture on my LG Thrive. But I can easily take a screen capture on my Tab, so I pick the easy way to post a screenshot of my Tab.

In Google Maps, I can jump to Navigation. I talk about Google Navigation elsewhere on the forums. I like Google Navigation and that's what I use until I find something better. I don't use Buzz itself if that's what you mean.

Rico, that is on my Galaxy Tab. I cannot do a screen capture on my LG Thrive. But I can easily take a screen capture on my Tab, so I pick the easy way to post a screenshot of my Tab.

In Google Maps, I can jump to Navigation. I talk about Google Navigation elsewhere on the forums. I like Google Navigation and that's what I use until I find something better. I don't use Buzz itself if that's what you mean.

59 of 77 (413 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 12:46:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
ilikewireless, if your Thrive does not have the automatic ability to take screenshots on your phone, there is an app you can download from the Android Market called 'Screen Capture Shortcut Free'. With this application, it should allow your phone to take screen captures images. The best part of all is that it's free.

I use it all the time on my Samsung Android phone when I want to take a picture of the screen. My phone does have the option to take screenshots on its own without the third-party app, but it's inconvenient to use and the only times I was able to do it was by accident all four times. Smiley Tongue This app makes is MUCH easier.

ilikewireless, if your Thrive does not have the automatic ability to take screenshots on your phone, there is an app you can download from the Android Market called 'Screen Capture Shortcut Free'. With this application, it should allow your phone to take screen captures images. The best part of all is that it's free.

I use it all the time on my Samsung Android phone when I want to take a picture of the screen. My phone does have the option to take screenshots on its own without the third-party app, but it's inconvenient to use and the only times I was able to do it was by accident all four times. Smiley Tongue This app makes is MUCH easier.

60 of 77 (405 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments