ANDROID APPS: MALICIOUS MALWARE LIST *** D O - N O T - I N S T A L L ***

Professor

ANDROID APPS: MALICIOUS MALWARE LIST *** D O - N O T - I N S T A L L ***

[ Edited ]

LOOKOUT Mobile Security  has posted a list of malicious apps found in the Android Market , some of which are STILL actively in the market due to Android Market's long investigational process , while others have been pulled from the catalog.  If you have installed any of the apps listed below (before they were pulled) , you may be infected.  The article provide 'some' info on what to do in some cases.

At a glance, here is a list of developers and malicious apps not to install (Even if its in the Android or Amazon Markets):

Full list of infected applications published by “Myournet”:

• Falling Down
  • Super Guitar Solo
  • Super History Eraser
  • Photo Editor
  • Super Ringtone Maker
  • Super Bleep Positions
  • Hot Bleepy Videos
  • Chess
  • 下坠滚球_Falldown
  • Hilton (bleep) sound 
  • Screaming (Bleepy) Japanese Girls
  • Falling Ball Dodge
  • Scientific Calculator
  • Dice Roller
  • 躲避弹球
  • Advanced Currency Converter
  • App Uninstaller
  • 几何战机_PewPew
  • Funny Paint
  • Spider Man
  • 蜘蛛侠

Full list of infected applications published by “Kingmall2010″:

• Bowling Time
  • Advanced Barcode Scanner
  • Supre Bluetooth Transfer
  • Task Killer Pro
  • Music Box
  • (Bleepy) Girls: Japanese
  • (Bleepy) Legs
  • Advanced File Manager
  • Magic Strobe Light
  • 致命绝色美腿
  • 墨水坦克Panzer Panic
  • 裸奔先生Mr. Runner
  • 软件强力卸载
  • Advanced App to SD
  • Super Stopwatch & Timer
  • Advanced Compass Leveler
  • Best password safe
  • 掷骰子
  • 多彩绘画

Full list of infected apps under the developer name “we20090202″:

• Finger Race
  • Piano
  • Bubble Shoot
  • Advanced Sound Manager
  • Magic Hypnotic Spiral
  • Funny Face
  • Color Blindness Test
  • Tie a Tie
  • Quick Notes
  • Basketball Shot Now
  • Quick Delete Contacts
  • Omok Five in a Row
  • Super Bleepy Ringtones
  • 大家来找茬
  • 桌上曲棍球
  • 投篮高手

*** Due to ATTforums ever so ATT-like blocking certain words, capping ,and all that goes with the att experience, certain words (i agree this time) have been substituted with a "bleeP" jus tso the post will go through.

Symantic also has a list of malware (article dated Feb 2011)

http://blog.mylookout.com/2011/03/security-alert-malware-found-in-official-android-market-droiddream...

Message 1 of 6 (1,447 Views)
Professor

Re: ANDROID APPS: MALICIOUS MALWARE LIST *** D O - N O T - I N S T A L L ***

For new Androidians, if you havent done so, you can go to your Managed Applications menu, then click on the "ALL" tab to see both downloaded apps and running processes.  if you see anything that looks odd, get online , do some research (xda developers site is a good source) and share what you've found with others).

Personally i have joined xda developers forum and two other android site forums that has more activity than here.

Message 2 of 6 (1,444 Views)
Master

With these bad Apps being found, it is starting to be a good idea to at least look at having an antivirus application on your android phone.

There are several well respected ones available. Many offer free versions and paid versions for added features.

Lookout
AVG DroidSercurity
McAfee
Norton
and others
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6 (1,420 Views)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
With these bad Apps being found, it is starting to be a good idea to at least look at having an antivirus application on your android phone.

There are several well respected ones available. Many offer free versions and paid versions for added features.

Lookout
AVG DroidSercurity
McAfee
Norton
and others

You are right, Ann, I had a copy of ESSEcurity, and have just downloaded Lookout. For sure, before i do any app installs, i will also reveiw it's ratings and see if there are common concerns across various postings .  Example, iv wanted an app , but after reading over and again , about 3 pages deep, negative postings that the app, made their androids sluggish... i decided to pass.  but MAN , need some way to see this list of bad apps monthly or weekly so to stay up to date on what not to install.  Scanning for virus seem to occur after youve downloaded o while its installing. It would be nice to read a blog where the bad app is discovered, and not even  go there with installing it to find out later its malware... yikes.

Message 4 of 6 (1,412 Views)
Master

This is slightly old news, but there was another batch of applications pulled from the Market.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/01/lookout-identifies-another-34-droiddream-malware-apps-in-the-an...
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6 (1,218 Views)
Professor

Yikes.....
Message 6 of 6 (1,212 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.