Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 22, 2011
10:57:17 PM
View profile
A T & T you must get updated with other providers in offering additional features in family map!

Hey - most parents get family map because they want to track their children...WE SHOULD HAVE THE OPTION TO CHOOSE IF WE WANT OUR CHILDREN TO KNOW THEY ARE BEING TRACKED!!!  EVEN THE ONCE A MONTH NOTIFICATION OPTION IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.  YOU SHOULD HAVE 3 OPTIONS - TWO THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE IN THE NOTIFICATION SECTION OF ACCOUNT MANAGER PLUS AN OPTION TO OPT OUT OF A MOBLIE NUMBER FOR NOTIFICATION!!!  GET ON THE BALL PLEASE.....

Hey - most parents get family map because they want to track their children...WE SHOULD HAVE THE OPTION TO CHOOSE IF WE WANT OUR CHILDREN TO KNOW THEY ARE BEING TRACKED!!!  EVEN THE ONCE A MONTH NOTIFICATION OPTION IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.  YOU SHOULD HAVE 3 OPTIONS - TWO THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE IN THE NOTIFICATION SECTION OF ACCOUNT MANAGER PLUS AN OPTION TO OPT OUT OF A MOBLIE NUMBER FOR NOTIFICATION!!!  GET ON THE BALL PLEASE.....

A T & T you must get updated with other providers in offering additional features in family map!

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 11:54:10 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Subscribers to the AT&T Family Map feature have the option of notifying a phone every time it is located instead of monthly notifications. To manage your preferences, click Family Notifications from the Manage Account screen. You should see the options listed there. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Subscribers to the AT&T Family Map feature have the option of notifying a phone every time it is located instead of monthly notifications. To manage your preferences, click Family Notifications from the Manage Account screen. You should see the options listed there. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: A T & T you must get updated with other providers in offering additional features in family

2 of 7 (715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2011 11:34:23 AM
(0)
Contributor
HELLO, I agree with you 100%, We should be able to opt out notification when tracking others. This can defeat the purpose of possible lying. What does the text message say to the family memberr? And exactly how often will they receive a message?
HELLO, I agree with you 100%, We should be able to opt out notification when tracking others. This can defeat the purpose of possible lying. What does the text message say to the family memberr? And exactly how often will they receive a message?

Re: A T & T you must get updated with other providers in offering additional features in family

3 of 7 (699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2011 6:21:45 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you for stating this!  I'm new to Family Map and agree with you 100%.   ..... Now to try and solve the issue.  

Thank you for stating this!  I'm new to Family Map and agree with you 100%.   ..... Now to try and solve the issue.  

4 of 7 (540 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2011 6:23:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

So AT&T person, when are you going to fix this issue for those of us that DO NOT want our children notified??

Or is my only choice to drop the program?

So AT&T person, when are you going to fix this issue for those of us that DO NOT want our children notified??

Or is my only choice to drop the program?

5 of 7 (539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2011 6:26:14 AM
(0)
Contributor

On second thought, when are you going to answer the question???

On second thought, when are you going to answer the question???

6 of 7 (538 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 10:49:40 AM
(0)
Employee
They well never make this an option as is an invasion of privacy otherwise.
They well never make this an option as is an invasion of privacy otherwise.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 7 (485 Views)