907 invalid JAR on 8300 curve

Tutor

907 invalid JAR on 8300 curve

hi there,

i found out yesterday that my bank regions is being supported by at&t's mobile banking software and so tried to download it. i went thru my online account and added the device (my 8300) and it sent me a sms with download link. i tried downloading it but then i keep getting download failed error. i clicked on details and it says 907 invalid JAR...

then i thought it may be issue with regions link, so i try citi and i still get the same error at the end. i called my bank's customer rep and he could not help me out. he gave me the direct link to the jad file and i got 404 error.

then i called at&t's rep. i told her i was running 4.5.0.124 and after rebooting, resending service books, etc. she asked me to try the official version as she was not sure .124 supported all at&t services. so i downgrade it to official .110 only to find out that it does the exact same thing as the .124 version.

any ideas what's going on? it makes me wonder if all this is worth for one app. but i would like to use that app! any help is appreciated. thanks!
Message 1 of 5 (5,489 Views)
Tutor

Re: 907 invalid JAR on 8300 curve

the rep called me bk next day and could not solve it...she said she was going to create a case number for me...i donno how to track it. and she asked me to consider replacing my phone by paying for a new phone.

i'm surprised no one knows how to fix this!

Message 2 of 5 (5,468 Views)
Professor

Ummm...Blackberry's don't support Java applications...
Message 3 of 5 (5,107 Views)
Contributor

You are not alone, I have the Incite. My error is unknown trusted certificate. Not being a computer guy and this my first smartphone I would think that is about the same. The mobile banking jar is signed by AT&T Trusted CA1 but it's not listed in the certificates on the phone. Calls and emails to ATT7T has not helped. Like you I would like to use the app, should be easier than scrolling thru the full web page
Message 4 of 5 (4,847 Views)
Highlighted
Former Moderator

Thank you for your comments and opinions related to this topic. Due to its date, this thread is now being closed. Should the OP need additional assistance please feel free to open up a new thread.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 5 of 5 (4,480 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.