Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 10, 2011
6:02:25 AM
View profile
90 day rule for going back to unlimited data?

I changed from unlimited in late July and last Friday a local AT&T store said I had 90 days to go back to unlimited. She was not able to do this in the store so I called customer service and was told there was no such rule.

Anyone heard of a 90-day rule related to returning to unlimited data?

I changed from unlimited in late July and last Friday a local AT&T store said I had 90 days to go back to unlimited. She was not able to do this in the store so I called customer service and was told there was no such rule.

90 day rule for going back to unlimited data?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:04:29 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Max69 on Oct 10, 2011 at 6:04:42 AM

Never heard of such a thing. Once you drop unlimited, it's gone for good.

Re: 90 day rule for going back to unlimited data?

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:22:11 AM
(0)
Master

Max69 wrote:

This as I have unerstood this too!  Once it is gone, it is gone.  There is a remote chance that if ATT made the error someone higher up in the food chain can get it back but it must be very clearly their issue.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Max69 wrote:

This as I have unerstood this too!  Once it is gone, it is gone.  There is a remote chance that if ATT made the error someone higher up in the food chain can get it back but it must be very clearly their issue.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

3 of 6 (317 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:51:40 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Oct 10, 2011 at 6:54:33 AM

youngjm wrote:

Max69 wrote:

If you go into the feature area online ther is a large box that states exactly this - you change from the unlimited plan, it is gone for good

youngjm wrote:

Max69 wrote:

If you go into the feature area online ther is a large box that states exactly this - you change from the unlimited plan, it is gone for good

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:55:15 AM
(0)
Professor
Never heard this either.
Never heard this either.

5 of 6 (294 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 11:46:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

akoxeno wrote:

I've heard of it and had it applied to my account.  The thing is that it has to be an error on AT&T's part.  Any time that the customer chooses to go to the tiered data plans from the unlimited data plan, there is no going back.  AT&T only gave mine back because they could clearly see that mine was lost in the upgrade process.  I also had notes on my account before I upgraded that stated that I wanted to keep smartphone unlimited data when changing smartphones.  When I was told that it couldn't be done, I refused the upgrade at that time.  Once I got clarification that I could keep unlimited data, I upgraded to an iPhone 4.  However, unlimited smartphone data was still lost in the process.

akoxeno wrote:

I've heard of it and had it applied to my account.  The thing is that it has to be an error on AT&T's part.  Any time that the customer chooses to go to the tiered data plans from the unlimited data plan, there is no going back.  AT&T only gave mine back because they could clearly see that mine was lost in the upgrade process.  I also had notes on my account before I upgraded that stated that I wanted to keep smartphone unlimited data when changing smartphones.  When I was told that it couldn't be done, I refused the upgrade at that time.  Once I got clarification that I could keep unlimited data, I upgraded to an iPhone 4.  However, unlimited smartphone data was still lost in the process.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (224 Views)